Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grand California 680 - Build DELAY!

Hi,
no, I haven't ordered a GC yet.
On the moment we can't travel, we are not in a hurry .
The normal time from ordering till delivery here in Germany is 3 to 4 month. So 3 weeks delay isn't much.
Of course it is possible that these 3 weeks delay could last longer.
Ok, looks like I’ve been lucky as due to collect mine today.

Hi Will , did you changed you forum name (Jester) ? I did not recognize you .
New car new name:happy

Hi Will , did you changed you forum name (Jester) ? I did not recognize you .
New car new name:happy
Hi Bart, yes I did as some members wrongly associated me with our local dealer so I changed it.

That's probably why I have not heard about my January VW 680 Order. Exciting day for Jester. I ordered my from Crawley. Best price achieved back in January. Loads of people buying the VW's I hear. Not good news for me. Thanks for keeping us all posted.

That's probably why I have not heard about my January VW 680 Order. Exciting day for Jester. I ordered my from Crawley. Best price achieved back in January. Loads of people buying the VW's I hear. Not good news for me. Thanks for keeping us all posted.
Thanks Paddy hope your hear soon, recon you will still be ok for June.
Will

Thanks Paddy hope your hear soon, recon you will still be ok for June.
Will
I hate to be a pessimist but I wouldn’t get your hopes up for June delivery based on a January order date.

I placed a confirmed order for a 3.5 te GC600 in October 2020 with forecast delivery of week 6. In week 5 the dealer advised it would now only be built in week 11 but the factory had advised it would have no diesel heater option and due to emissions regulations changes, the van was now over the 3.5te weight limit. In week 8 the dealer advised it would be build week 14 at status 10 but now with a diesel heater although the solar panel had to come off to meet the weight limit. In week 12 the dealer advised it was now status 20 “locked in” for build week 15 but likely to be sooner due to being given priority to compensate for the long delay from original order date. In week 14 the dealer advised it was now “locked in” for week 16. “Locked in” clearly doesn’t mean much at present.

VW central customer service confirmed week 16 was indeed correct and the latest delay was due to COVID issues and there was nothing they could do to influence my build priority. However they also advised there has been serious disruption at the factory due to several completed vehicles being returned to the factory for engine mods/ replacement due to emissions regulation changes. This corroborates with a similar story from a different UK dealer I spoke to who had a demonstrator on order with similar specification to mine that was confirmed as built in late December 2020 but hadn’t shipped for about 10 weeks due to awaiting unspecified modifications. Emission regulation changes also probably explains why my original confirmed order subsequently failed the weight limit at the factory when the original build week 11 was scheduled.

I am beginning to regret ordering a GC as the whole ordering and production process appears to be a mess notwithstanding COVID issues.

Looks like I am going to miss out on at least the first two planned and paid for trips in the new van☹️

I ordered mine in January along with Paddy and I had confirmation on Tuesday it’s built and awaiting quality control checks. Expected 17th May to me.

I ordered mine in January along with Paddy and I had confirmation on Tuesday it’s built and awaiting quality control checks. Expected 17th May to me.
Mine was held at QQC for 2 weeks then moved very quickly from that status to being shipped, so from QQC to dealer about 3 Weeks.

Don’t despair you may be surprised

Privileged treatment for GC's, some of us Ocean hopers are still at status 20, i.e. stuck in the factory being built, when we placed our orders back in September. It's just not fair !!!

Privileged treatment for GC's, some of us Ocean hopers are still at status 20, i.e. stuck in the factory being built, when we placed our orders back in September. It's just not fair !!!

I agree to some respect but produced in different factories so different production issues and COVID. Poland has just shut down for 3 weeks, however I believe Hanover has just ramped it up by increasing their shifts.

There are also now issues again with a shortage of tow bars.

It’s not fair and feel for you.

Thanks for that update. Really appreciated. Fingers crossed I get some news this week. Mind you, if Poland is closed for 3 weeks could be a long wait. Was hoping for delivery end of May beginning big June.

Thanks for that update. Really appreciated. Fingers crossed I get some news this week. Mind you, if Poland is closed for 3 weeks could be a long wait. Was hoping for delivery end of May beginning big June.
Paddy, I’ve had confirmation mine is on a boat on route to uk now.

Great news for you. Can I ask what date you ordered? The date I have for my delivery is stated as 11-june-2021 - order date 14th January 2021. Crawley dealer ship said I should get it 4 weeks earlier based on their current orders for existing clients. Who keeps you updated? the dealership or VW.
Very frustrating not having a single date, apart from the original 11th June. Can you remember what your original Est Delivery date was on the order form from VW?

Very exciting for you. Just at the right time. Happy days. Please send a pic.

Great news for you. Can I ask what date you ordered? The date I have for my delivery is stated as 11-june-2021 - order date 14th January 2021. Crawley dealer ship said I should get it 4 weeks earlier based on their current orders for existing clients. Who keeps you updated? the dealership or VW.
Very frustrating not having a single date, apart from the original 11th June. Can you remember what your original Est Delivery date was on the order form from VW?

Very exciting for you. Just at the right time. Happy days. Please send a pic.Ed
Hi Paddy

ordered 28th January. Estimated delivery was 30th September as I ordered diesel heating. Early March they confirmed the parts were available and delivery would be mid may. They confirmed my build week as 13 then to.
Mines coming via SMG in Tonbridge. The dealer sends me an update every other Monday unless there’s exciting news in between times. I believe he phones VW for updates of all orders in one go.

Very exciting for you. Just at the right time. Happy days. Please send a pic.
Paddy call VWCC, this number 0800 7834909. Give them your SLI number they will then advise you of the status of your GC.

Will

Just called the dealership. Sounds like you have struck lucky with a cancelled slot in the factory. Clients who ordered this year are still waiting for delivery for the GC680. So still no news. Anybody else in this position? interested to know. I ordered all extras apart form satellite dish for TV. Will also fit my own WIFI 5g compatible router.

Just called the dealership. Sounds like you have struck lucky with a cancelled slot in the factory. Clients who ordered this year are still waiting for delivery for the GC680. So still no news. Anybody else in this position? interested to know. I ordered all extras apart form satellite dish for TV. Will also fit my own WIFI 5g compatible router.
Apparently there is an issue with towbars now. Interested to know where you will be putting your antenna for the WiFi

Just reviewing all my options. Phoned the number, and said how pissed off I was with no updates. Given an update during the phone call. Will be late and not built until June 7th. 5 weeks later if will arrive. So looking at 1st week in July for delivery. Oh boy.

Just reviewing all my options. Phoned the number, and said how pissed off I was with no updates. Given an update during the phone call. Will be late and not built until June 7th. 5 weeks later if will arrive. So looking at 1st week in July for delivery. Oh boy.
Well hopefully this may give you a peace of mind although sometimes they’re not always up-to-date with their updates. Have to say that they were good on this one. Fingers crossed Paddy.

I got confirmation mine arrived in the UK port on Friday. I to ordered most extras except the satellite and air con.
I hope it comes in the spec I ordered.

I got confirmation mine arrived in the UK port on Friday. I to ordered most extras except the satellite and air con.
Great news recon it might be at the stealers by Friday or next Tuesday. Same here re extras (24). No satellite or air con. Hope you didn’t order all season tyres as it will not arrive with them.

Hello Bendwg, Jester & Paddy,
Have you taken delivery? If so, when?
I'm curious, mine is at Emden cleared for shipping?

Great news recon it might be at the stealers by Friday or next Tuesday. Same here re extras (24). No satellite or air con. Hope you didn’t order all season tyres as it will not arrive with them.

Back