Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grand California configurator

Simon1

Simon1

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hi all, newbie here,
I’ve been waiting for ages to order a GC680 and spoke to someone at VW earlier this month who told me the online configurator would be up and running ‘soon’ and when I pressed him he said by the end of this month(Oct), but today when asked they say it won’t be available until early next year!
I know I could go to a dealer and pre order but I would much rather configure it myself at home where I can think more clearly.
Having been given conflicting info by Vdub I’m wondering if anyone else has been told any different?

Hi Simon1,

why not go to a dealer as they will, or should know more than you about what to chose upon the configurator. It is frustrating it not there to ponder over, going there you are not under any obligation to order. I have ordered a 600 from Breeze in Poole a more than very helpful team.

anyway good luck and if you really want one don’t delay as there will only be about 300 allocated to the UK.

Hi Breeze1,
As I'm interested in getting a GC600 one day, do you know what this figure of 300 is for?
Is it 300 GC600&680 or 300 GC600 for the whole of 2020? I suppose this is a good excuse for 0 discount from the dealers.

Hi Breeze1,
As I'm interested in getting a GC600 one day, do you know what this figure of 300 is for?
Is it 300 GC600&680 or 300 GC600 for the whole of 2020? I suppose this is a good excuse for 0 discount from the dealers.
Evening as explained to me it’s 300 for both GC 600 & 680.

Hi all, newbie here,
I’ve been waiting for ages to order a GC680 and spoke to someone at VW earlier this month who told me the online configurator would be up and running ‘soon’ and when I pressed him he said by the end of this month(Oct), but today when asked they say it won’t be available until early next year!
I know I could go to a dealer and pre order but I would much rather configure it myself at home where I can think more clearly.
Having been given conflicting info by Vdub I’m wondering if anyone else has been told any different?
Hi, we recently ordered our 680 from Darren at Birmingham VW. He sent me a configurator on line so we had 2 weeks to plan out our 680 at home.

Hi Breeze1,
Hi, Darren from Birmingham VW give us a good discount when we ordered our GC680. And a nice mocha.

Morning,

Thats great, however will give you a flavor of what you may want but there are a good few additions over and above the T6 configurator that requires more detailed knowledge, so found it helpful to site with them and go through it, even then they phoned VW to confirm certain items.

Congratulations upon your order, do you have a build date.

Will

Hi, Darren from Birmingham VW give us a good discount when we ordered our GC680. And a nice mocha.
Did you get to the bottom of the specification of the WiFi its flakey within the printed specification.

Morning,

Thats great, however will give you a flavor of what you may want but there are a good few additions over and above the T6 configurator that requires more detailed knowledge, so found it helpful to site with them and go through it, even then they phoned VW to confirm certain items.

Congratulations upon your order, do you have a build date.

Will
Morning Breeze1, End of Jan, Feb or March.

Morning Breeze1, End of Jan, Feb or March.
I got Build week 50 but like you, recon February/ March did you PX yours with them.

Which dealer did you use, got a quote from the localish dealer in Plymouth and just quoted rrp and said vw will not discount the GC? Also couldn’t confirm what was standard equipment. My quote came to 83k with the extras on a GC680

Which dealer did you use, got a quote from the localish dealer in Plymouth and just quoted rrp and said vw will not discount the GC? Also couldn’t confirm what was standard equipment. My quote came to 83k with the extras on a GC680
Hi Shane, we used Volkswagen Van Centre Birmingham 0121 260 3000 Darren, we got 4% of the total 94k to just over 90k. Give Darren a call, you can quote me Darron

Thanks for any replies directed at me.
Vw told me yesterday that they are still having issues with the configurator but expect it to be online by the end of the month In the meantime I’ve been thinking of buying a new crafter with all the options I want and get it professionally converted. Reason being is I want to be able to go off grid for longer and would need a bigger solar panel with lithium batteries and lpg gas and a natures head composting toilet all of which would mean damaging the GC’s interior that’s if it’s even possible. Would get secondhand crafter camper but want the options- acc, lane assist led headlights, auto box etc

Any thoughts on the latest configurator ,prices, options or lack of.

Back