Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grand or not?

Hi, The fresh water pump had a mind of its own and randomly turn itself on. The only way to stop it was to disconnect it from the electricity supply
Wow not good for what it’s meant for, when was it built.

Not sure when it was built. I took deleivery of it new on the 1st Sepember 2020, used it twice then the fault started.

Not sure when it was built. I took deleivery of it new on the 1st Sepember 2020, used it twice then the fault started.
Very disappointing, I’m aware that the water pump has always been an issue but updated from March 2020 but not heard of the electrical problem.

I’m also guessing you were not happy with the 600 generally.

No, we actually liked it. Bigger than our previous California, but in the covid world we currently live in we needed the bathroom. Previously always been happy with VW and the dealer, so buying a VW with their warranty and the "one stop shop" if anything went wrong seemed a good idea. In this case the dealer was actually very good, didn't try to fob me off, was not willing to return the vehicle until the fault was understood / rectified. After three weeks of no progress I totally lost confidence in the vehicle and got my money back

No, we actually liked it. Bigger than our previous California, but in the covid world we currently live in we needed the bathroom. Previously always been happy with VW and the dealer, so buying a VW with their warranty and the "one stop shop" if anything went wrong seemed a good idea. In this case the dealer was actually very good, didn't try to fob me off, was not willing to return the vehicle until the fault was understood / rectified. After three weeks of no progress I totally lost confidence in the vehicle and got my money back
Rightly so, well there is no time to dwell, we must move on which is what you have done. Hope all goes well with your Malibu.

I managed to fit everything in the kitchen drawers. The battery operates the lights and fridge and water pumps for about two days , using gas for heating. I don’t have a solar panel. Mostly I use a hook up so battery never an issue, I also carry a small microwave stored in the back and mainly use that for cooking. ....If you run the engine with the speed charge button depressed you can recharge the battery by about 20% per 10/15 mins. I have a gc 600 and am really happy with it.
I am look buy small microwave when is camping place and electric connection. what model have you buy and is recommend good? I also very happy my gc 600.

We’ve owned a Cali for 4 years 180 dsg
It’s not big enough and fed up with setting up awnings and climbing up and down from roof bed as our lab sleeps in boot esp toilet break in the night,
Dilemma
We’ve looked at a couple of 6m motor homes with electric drop down beds Chausson we like the look of, BUT... are we going to regret it? The drive etc, being a 180 dsg, Some dealers say we will, should we get a grand California?
Yes is I understand you situation. I change my California gc600. I am very happy now. Is have everything I needing ready is not need make new building when is arrive camping place, only awning if I am use.
I like more better if is microwave build place permanent. All aspects else I am most pleased.

California I can using more is small can go shopping and using same like car. But Gc 600 I am only use when is pleasure time picnic or more long time away. I am most happy have own toilet and shower - super convenient I can stopping and immediate I am open wine and relax. Is perfect for me.

Pots and pans go under the made-up bed in ours, in a 30-litre plastic storage container with a sealed lid. They're easy to get at down there without having to go around the back to the rear doors, where most of our not-in-everday-use things are stored.
So far, we've camped off grid for two consecutive nights, and the (single) battery handled it well with the fridge put in the power-saving mode at night (it's quieter that way). We're considering changing the AGM leisure battery for a Lithium-ion one that'll deliver a few more amp-hours while fitting into the same battery restraints but so far we haven't experienced enough of a power shortage to justify the expense.

It’s been 14 months but we’ve finally been tangoed
can’t wait to get out

View attachment 87739

View attachment 87740

View attachment 87741
That looks stunning in orange, wasn’t brave enough to order my joker in orange (maybe I should of). Think I should of ordered a Sven if it’s only 14mths, was that a fresh order or mod to dealer one?
I’m 18mths in so far for my joker!

Please add a few more pics of outside:thumb

Last edited:
That looks stunning in orange, wasn’t brave enough to order my joker in orange (maybe I should of). Think I should of preserved a Sven if it’s only 14mths, was that a fresh order or mod to dealer one?

Love the orange too. I would have chosen that if available in the GC. However no good for you and your style of off grid camping!!

Love the orange too. I would have chosen that if available in the GC. However no good for you and your style of off grid camping!!
I did rule it out as didn’t want to stand out when parked up, you’re right.
Orange is my fav colour though.

That looks stunning in orange, wasn’t brave enough to order my joker in orange (maybe I should of). Think I should of ordered a Sven if it’s only 14mths, was that a fresh order or mod to dealer one?

18 months wow
is that because you went 4x4 do they have lots of them pesky semiconductors
will try get sum more photos up soon.
it was a fresh order back in October

Woooooo
Another Sven owner.
I was told about your order by Andrew and wow it’s stunning
This is ours

View attachment 87742

View attachment 87743
Hi jay did you also go with rhinos,mine stick out about inch so I’ve just got sum man arch extenders,
who’s bike rack did you go with.
might have to pick yer brains later re batteries
grey looks cool we also fancied black but I bet it’s a nightmare to clean

Hi jay did you also go with rhinos,mine stick out about inch so I’ve just got sum man arch extenders,

Apologias for cutting in.

I fitted the OEM arch extenders front and rear although they are specifically made for the rear they fit the front with a bit of fiddling, if yo go for the fronts I advise to acquire some number plate fixing tape.
The final result looks great.

I did rule it out as didn’t want to stand out when parked up, you’re right.
Orange is my fav colour
Hey buddy
No I went for delta’s they don’t stick out as much as rhinos Mine are et40 yours are probably et 35 the lower the et the more they stick out…
but I think the arch extension are cool and look smart so I’m tempted by them too
Thule bike rack in black
No worries re picking my brains very happy to help:)

18 months wow
is that because you went 4x4 do they have lots of them pesky semiconductors
will try get sum more photos up soon.
it was a fresh order back in October
Don’t know a great deal apart from base van from VW took longer. Then when it was done I guess I missed my slot/run out of materials, so van sat at VW for a few months.
The van is at westfalia being built now (there’s a chassis no), what stage who knows.
I was last told delivery will be Jan/feb, hopefully I’ll get a confirmed date soon.
Very lucky I have my old joker to keep using.

The Sven would be my next choice, as the pop out bit making the bed longer and the full winterised kit (underfloor heating) is very temping.
I still wanted a transporter (5.3long), and 4x4 though.
I bet your heating is amazing (very jealous).

Apologias for cutting in.

I fitted the OEM arch extenders front and rear although they are specifically made for the rear they fit the front with a bit of fiddling, if yo go for the fronts I advise to acquire some number plate fixing tape.
The final result looks great.
Hi
yeh I went with the oem man ones.they have a locating tab on the bottom did you just cut it off

8F2CD694-1A93-47F6-89D3-15BE7A41D105.jpeg

Hi
yeh I went with the oem man ones.they have a locating tab on the bottom did you just cut it off

View attachment 87758
Yes just cut them off and a fix the number plate double sided tape to the lower part of the arch, fronts I presume your talking about.
And yes also cut them of the rear ones no additional double sided needed for the rear as screwed and taped.

This looks great, can I ask about the pop out section for the bed, I'm 6'2" so looking at options where the bed will be long enough. Also which dealer did you use?
My westy is on order at campersales (burgess hill), they have a demo Sven (reserved) on older vw crafter model but think it’s still there.
Maybe worth giving them a bell when they're open and go have a proper nose, it’s the same inside as the mann.

My westy is on order at campersales (burgess hill), they have a demo Sven (reserved) on older vw crafter model but think it’s still there.
Maybe worth giving them a bell when they're open and go have a proper nose, it’s the same inside as the mann.
Thanks!

I’ve tried searching the forums but which car seats are people using in the GC600 I need to find two which will fit on the bench

Don’t know a great deal apart from base van from VW took longer. Then when it was done I guess I missed my slot/run out of materials, so van sat at VW for a few months.
The van is at westfalia being built now (there’s a chassis no), what stage who knows.
I was last told delivery will be Jan/feb, hopefully I’ll get a confirmed date soon.
Very lucky I have my old joker to keep using.

The Sven would be my next choice, as the pop out bit making the bed longer and the full winterised kit (underfloor heating) is very temping.
I still wanted a transporter (5.3long), and 4x4 though.
I bet your heating is amazing (very jealous).
The underfloor heating and heated shower base are Awsome
This looks great, can I ask about the pop out section for the bed, I'm 6'2" so looking at options where the bed will be long enough. Also which dealer did you use?
ill measure it for you tomorrow buddy
We just got bk from the lakes but I’ll do it ASAP .
Also I bought from wandahome being north
Andrew the head man there has a brand new demo on order due in soon
Hope that’s of some use to you

Back