Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grand or not?

The underfloor heating and heated shower base are Awsome

ill measure it for you tomorrow buddy
We just got bk from the lakes but I’ll do it ASAP .
Also I bought from wandahome being north
Andrew the head man there has a brand new demo on order due in soon
Hope that’s of some use to you
Can you take bikes inside the van? We’re going down the same road but we live in France where there doesn’t seem to be any available to buy. We hope to go to Germany soon to look at some but COVID isn’t really helping !!

Can you take bikes inside the van? We’re going down the same road but we live in France where there doesn’t seem to be any available to buy. We hope to go to Germany soon to look at some but COVID isn’t really helping !!
You may struggle to find any new or used Sven to look at even in Germany, massive lead time.

Loads of space for bikes the best also hinges up to give extra height too

DA142260-0BC1-4BC7-AEF7-A97E4134AC67.jpeg

You may struggle to find any new or used Sven to look at even in Germany, massive lead time.
We have found a few for sale but you are right they are likes n
Hen’s teeth,

Couple of photos
had first outing at the quiet site in ullswater, fab place with its own pub.struggled a bit with heating getting a good temp to sleep at,settled with 10 degrees.
the toilet fills quickly after a couple of nights on the ale
we did get the condensation water drip down the cab grab handle when we drove off but it soon dried.
I’ve noticed that sliding door sometimes just kisses the rear tyre if on a slight tilt but I think you can adjust the door out a bit.also fitted the arch extenders.
the shower works well but I am unshore how much hot water you have so it was rushed,or is like a combie boiler?
westfailia supplied the wrong gas tap and it didn’t fit the regulator, it took two attemps and £40 to get right one
looking forward to the next jaunt.

2B1B50FC-75CB-4623-822D-2BFFF0E029AD.jpeg

0C654772-1EB4-47CC-9194-32D36C00B3EA.jpeg

1B60E491-B4E5-4AF9-9E0A-0F7E5F672E52.jpeg

Couple of photos
had first outing at the quiet site in ullswater, fab place with its own pub.struggled a bit with heating getting a good temp to sleep at,settled with 10 degrees.
we did get the condensation water drip down the cab grab handle when we drove off but it soon dried.
I’ve noticed that sliding door sometimes just kisses the rear tyre if on a slight tilt but I think you can adjust the door out a bit.also fitted the arch extenders.
the shower works well but I am unshore how much hot water you have so it was rushed,or is like a combie boiler?
westfailia supplied the wrong gas tap and it didn’t fit the regulator, it took two attemps and £40 to get right one

View attachment 88252

View attachment 88253

View attachment 88254
Lovely .looks ace we was up in the lakes at wknd kept the heating on 17 thinking it would be just nice,woke up at 3am too warm and switched it off…..
so my next try will be the 10 you advised.we never really use the heater in bed apart from if we’re in the alps .
I also changed the regulator as the 907 that did actually fit was way too small with the gas locker being so big ….we got a 6kg propane.with it only running the hob I doubt we will need to swap it anytime soon.

Couple of photos

View attachment 88252

View attachment 88253

View attachment 88254

Looks great. Are there any internal windscreen blinds?

Yes please when you’ve got a chance. Currently sat on the fence re Cali upgrade or Sven Hedin
No problem will do.
We love California’s and have owned many this seems like a natural progression from a California it’s not too big it’s easy to manoeuvre it drives lovley the cockpit is very similar to a transporter I definitely have zero regrets just makes our camping trips so much more roomy and enjoyable,looking forward to getting to Europe

Lovely looking van. Just heard today that our Sven H has a production date for May so expected in July - ordered July 21, so exactly 12 months as expected. Interested to know any tips for initial set up etc

No problem will do.
We love California’s and have owned many this seems like a natural progression from a California it’s not too big it’s easy to manoeuvre it drives lovley the cockpit is very similar to a transporter I definitely have zero regrets just makes our camping trips so much more roomy and enjoyable,looking forward to getting to Europe
This is great to hear. I’m v keen. My other half needs a bit more persuasion!

remember T4 set up by westfalia
then think about T5/T6 set up by vw
compare materials and solutions
let the grand in the shop, there are too many better solutions powered by Iveco/Fiat

We’ve just sold our Cali, which was heartbreaking but we need the ability to travel longer and with more flexibility of not staying in campsites. Especially in winter in France. We are in the process of getting a Sven Hedin from a company in Germany. Having been to a couple of shows in Leipzig and Barcelona this past year we felt like it was the best option for us. Glad to hear other happy owners here. Wish we could have made the Cali work because they are fantastic but that dream is over so we are moving on.

Loads of space for bikes the best also hinges up to give extra height too

View attachment 87823
Hey, we just got our Sven but I am having trouble hooking her up to campsite power. We got the van in Germany and the guy only had limited English. Is there a sequence to hooking up? It keeps tripping the campsite rcd and I was wondering if I need to cut the main power in the van before hooking in. It’s also had a 100w solar panel fitted.

Hey, we just got our Sven but I am having trouble hooking her up to campsite power. We got the van in Germany and the guy only had limited English. Is there a sequence to hooking up? It keeps tripping the campsite rcd and I was wondering if I need to cut the main power in the van before hooking in. It’s also had a 100w solar panel fitted.
Hi Stephen
No sequence really
Plug in the van first then in the EHU .
You could try sliding the trip switch to off on the camp site end plugging the van in then slide it back to on
This may help?
Unplug anything on the 240 electrical in the van .this may be the issue??
Hope your loving the van and a picture would be great

Hi Stephen
No sequence really
You could try sliding the trip switch to off on the camp site end plugging the van in then slide it back to on
This may help?
You might have a dodgy hook up lead,borrow another

Hi Stephen
No sequence really
This may help?
Hey thanks. We found out the dealership did something when they installed the solar panel. We are all sorted now. Absolutely loving the van. It has everything we need. The heating is awesome but we haven’t tried the underfloor yet. Is it more efficient than the blown heating (in terms of diesel usage)?
I’ll post some photos soon.

Hey thanks. We found out the dealership did something when they installed the solar panel. We are all sorted now. Absolutely loving the van. It has everything we need. The heating is awesome but we haven’t tried the underfloor yet. Is it more efficient than the blown heating (in terms of diesel usage)?
I’ll post some photos soon.
Hi no problem.
Glad you’re loving the van
I haven’t used our underfloor heating yet I tried it but haven’t needed it,
it will be great in the mountains of Europe…
We have used the blown air and the radiators on weekends away and there superb.and use next to no diesel after being on all night.i must admit it needs to be turned right down for bedtime otherwise it’s way to warm…
You can actually just use the radiators .
Love our Sven
A little tip
In the small cupboard next to the drawers we have added shelves this was a gam changer.
Now all the pots pans plates cups and tea coffee ect fit in there perfectly freeing up all the drawers.
There’s so much space for stuff

Hi no problem.
We have used the blown air and the radiators on weekends away and there superb.and use next to no diesel after being on all night.i must admit it needs to be turned right down for bedtime otherwise it’s way to warm…
Love our Sven
A little tip
In the small cupboard next to the drawers we have added shelves this was a gam changer.
Now all the pots pans plates cups and tea coffee ect fit in there perfectly freeing up all the drawers.
Hi no problem.
Love our Sven
A little tip
Any chance of a picture of the shelves, they sound like a great idea.

We’ve owned a Cali for 4 years 180 dsg
It’s not big enough and fed up with setting up awnings and climbing up and down from roof bed as our lab sleeps in boot esp toilet break in the night,
Dilemma
We’ve looked at a couple of 6m motor homes with electric drop down beds Chausson we like the look of, BUT... are we going to regret it? The drive etc, being a 180 dsg, Some dealers say we will, should we get a grand California?
Don't like the Grand California, tried a lhd one , it's not very pleasant interior, not cosy and feels very much like a big van drive feel ..plus it's very expensive when it's specification is what most of us want.
In my opinion its very very hard to beat the California, true it's full of compromises however the plus points are more than enough to outweigh the negatives.
It's an interesting observation that when downstairs in the Cali is set up as a lounge the space is probably greater than many 6 ft campers and the bed on top is very efficient and longer than most Van conversions beds.
We've seen the Challenger and Chasson with the centre drop down bed and rear bathroom it looks nice although not sure how it would perform in a driving challenge against the Cali

Back