Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grand or not?

Hi no problem.
Glad you’re loving the van
I haven’t used our underfloor heating yet I tried it but haven’t needed it,
it will be great in the mountains of Europe…
We have used the blown air and the radiators on weekends away and there superb.and use next to no diesel after being on all night.i must admit it needs to be turned right down for bedtime otherwise it’s way to warm…
You can actually just use the radiators .
Love our Sven
A little tip
In the small cupboard next to the drawers we have added shelves this was a gam changer.
Now all the pots pans plates cups and tea coffee ect fit in there perfectly freeing up all the drawers.
There’s so much space for stuff

3F8AC91A-D8FE-418E-85CA-D73399129FDF.jpeg

82D063B3-4C49-4309-915E-87202BB52005.jpeg

Our large pots and pans go in a sealed plastic box below the bed. That's the kitchen module. Other storage boxes down there include the Cycling module, and the Restocking module for reloading of kitchen and bathroom storage cabinets and drawers of essentials.

Hi all, just got back from the Caravan show. Mainly to compare the Sven to the Hyper Free S (Marc Sprinter). I think the Sven Hedin is the better option. The under bed storage is massive. I've got a few questions for the Sven Hedin owners.

1. The cupboard to the right of the drawers, are most people adding shelves to get some function?
2.Is the gas locker under the bed (is the boiler there too), didn't seem to be much under the passenger seat.
3. Power? How many batteries and Solar do you need?
4. Any other specification tips?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all, just got back from the Caravan show. Mainly to compare the Sven to the Hyper Free S (Marc Sprinter). I think the Sven Hedin is the better option. The under bed storage is massive. I've got a few questions for the Sven Hedin owners.

1. The cupboard to the right of the drawers, are most people adding shelves to get some function?
2.Is the gas locker under the bed (is the boiler there too), didn't seem to be much under the passenger seat.

Thanks in advance!
Hi I put shelves in there
It makes the world of difference.
All cooking gear plates cups & brewing gear fit perfectly.
Surprised they don’t do it from factory?
Gas store under bed is massive I got 2 bottles in there also the boilers next to that…
I have the winter pack so there’s a separate heater underneath the pass seat.
And I wasn’t keen on the factory solar so went for a victron set up afterwards.
Hope this helps

Thanks in advance!
If you don’t mind my asking what’s the price on them now?

Hi I put shelves in there
It makes the world of difference.
All cooking gear plates cups & brewing gear fit perfectly.
Surprised they don’t do it from factory?
Gas store under bed is massive I got 2 bottles in there also the boilers next to that…
I have the winter pack so there’s a separate heater underneath the pass seat.
And I wasn’t keen on the factory solar so went for a victron set up afterwards.
Hope this helps
Thanks so if you get the winter upgrade is the boiler / heater bigger hence is goes under the passenger seat?

Thanks so if you get the winter upgrade is the boiler / heater bigger hence is goes under the passenger seat?
No the boiler is the same it has a extra heater under the pass seat as well blown air .
To heat the font footwells.
Also in the winter pack is underfloor heating/heated shower tray, interior insulated blinds.and a few other things
You can read it on the Westfalia website the full list of what in includes
I would spec it all day long along with the larger front skylight 500x700

No the boiler is the same it has a extra heater under the pass seat as well blown air .
To heat the font footwells.
Also in the winter pack is underfloor heating/heated shower tray, interior insulated blinds.and a few other things
You can read it on the Westfalia website the full list of what in includes
I would spec it all day long along with the larger front skylight 500x700
Thanks, i was thinking to spec both of them

Could I ask a quick question about the heating in a Sven too? I don't recall seeing a control panel for it anywhere. Where is it? What options does it have? I'm thinking timer, thermostat, different types of heating (radiators / underfloor / blown air?). Also, is the heated shower tray basically the normal shower tray sitting on top of the whole living area floor that is heated - or is it a separate special heated tray?

Cheers!

(probably shouldn't say this but I do LOVE the Sven)

Could I ask a quick question about the heating in a Sven too? I don't recall seeing a control panel for it anywhere. Where is it? What options does it have? I'm thinking timer, thermostat, different types of heating (radiators / underfloor / blown air?). Also, is the heated shower tray basically the normal shower tray sitting on top of the whole living area floor that is heated - or is it a separate special heated tray?

Cheers!

(probably shouldn't say this but I do LOVE the Sven)
You can say you love it as this is the best transition in my opinion.
The heating controller is all built into the control panel above the sliding door inside.
The shower tray is part of the underfloor heating not separate I don’t think?
There are radiators like the alde system and blown air aswell as underfloor heating.
You can heat each room separately.
Eg you can turn the heating up in the shower/wc room to what ever temp you like .great for drying wet coats after a walk .
It’s like a drying room in this respect
Hope this helps
There great vans

Wow that is impressive! It's so hard to find any info on the Sven apart from actually seeing one in the flesh, which we obviously did at the show over the weekend. I'd really like to hire one (impossible, I know) or at the very least spend a good hour or two really playing about with one. Is the underfloor heating electric only or is it all water based from the diesel heater?

How were Wandahome? They are our most local and I have seen they have a new Sven there to look at. Just wondered how accommodating they are if I wanted to play with the heating and generally get to know one well ?

Last edited:
Wow that is impressive! It's so hard to find any info on the Sven apart from actually seeing one in the flesh, which we obviously did at the show over the weekend. I'd really like to hire one (impossible, I know) or at the very least spend a good hour or two really playing about with one. Is the underfloor heating electric only or is it all water based from the diesel heater?

How were Wandahome? They are our most local and I have seen they have a new Sven there to look at. Just wondered how accommodating they are if I wanted to play with the heating and generally get to know one well ?
Hi I’d give them a call the and go over and spend some time in one

Hi jay
i also have the winter pack but I didn’t know about the heater under passenger seat does this just come on with the fans or does it have a separate switch
I believe the underfloor heating runs off the gas also,it’s very nice
only prob we’ve had so far was a leaking sink which was easy to repair,
and I still haven’t memorised which light switch does what

BDB1D6A4-D129-4155-A871-6D663C159EC0.jpeg

Hi jay
i also have the winter pack but I didn’t know about the heater under passenger seat does this just come on with the fans or does it have a separate switch

View attachment 100937
Hi yes it comes on with the fans I think it’s to eliminate any cold spots .
Underfloor heating is soooo nice looking forward to the cold weather camping that’s for sure…
Me too re the light switch cluster I get up in the middle of the night and switch everyone on apart from the correct one….
By the way you’re van is absolutely awesome.
Such a good colour

Hi jay

View attachment 100937
Is that a light above the sliding door?

thanks
it really stands out among a sea of white on sum sites
yup we have light above door with remote.

Sven was a cut above in build over most we saw. I felt my grand 680 was an absolute bargain compared to most I saw in value and in some cases cost too.
Many of the vans I was predictably dissapointed in, in regard build quality and finish Vs price.
I don’t focus on price but the number of times I see the grand get stick for being expensive Vs what i saw at the show, I fundamentally disagree.

It also cemented my decision, having been using the 680 for a few months now, that for my wife and our anticipated adventures, with mtbs and canoes, and occasionally dogs and the desire to not be tied to campsites or only made roads (though inevitably at least 50% will be on sites) the 7m format in a van conversion works for us and isn't too big.
We ended up (being fortunate) committing to an electrified habitation RP Rebellion 2 although we can’t agree on upholstery…. We will be enjoying the Neville The GC680 for another year yet with its few key mods.

It also cemented my decision, having been using the 680 for a few months now, that for my wife and our anticipated adventures, with mtbs and canoes, and occasionally dogs and the desire to not be tied to campsites or only made roads (though inevitably at least 50% will be on sites) the 7m format in a van conversion works for us and isn't too big.
We ended up (being fortunate) committing to an electrified habitation RP Rebellion 2 although we can’t agree on upholstery…. We will be enjoying the Neville The GC680 for another year yet with its few key mods.
Is the RP got that posh tailgate? Do post some pics when you get it, looks great

Is the RP got that posh tailgate? Do post some pics when you get it, looks great
It is but like I said, looong wait, Q4 2023 delivery. We will be enjoying the GC in the meantime now I have the tap mod and a few changes thanks to the forum.

I also noted the American hitch towbar at rhe show which I wanted for my ISI bikerack (pics on my main thread)

Back