Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Great White Errors

Please don't get me started on those LED flag pole lights! Why bother to look at the stars, when you can instead look at 1000's of LEDs !
Also outside led lights light up everyone's space and fairly lights are for christmas only
If we're including caravans in the odd behaviour spotting, how about this tow car covered in Christmas lights we camped near in August?
ee3d9e7011b034356dd9e75feb4683da.jpg
how about caravan owners turn the outside light on and then go inside?

Also outside led lights light up everyone's space and fairly lights are for christmas only

how about caravan owners turn the outside light on and then go inside?
The porch lights on well lit campsites, why?

Because they are paying for electric and by god they will use as much as they can.

A campsite owner told me recently, she’s had campers leave fan heaters on all day in their tents whilst out. So the tents warm on their return.
So many similar selfish campers too, that this winter they are fitting meters to deter waste and charge for what you use.

I wish more campsites did this.

A campsite owner told me recently, she’s had campers leave fan heaters on all day in their tents whilst out. So the tents warm on their return.
So many similar selfish campers too, that this winter they are fitting meters to deter waste and charge for what you use.

I wish more campsites did this.
Recently had a caravan pitched near me with fan heater running in their awning while they were out, I was tempted to unplug them! :headbang

Seen someone with potted plants set up outside ...... but they might have just bought them.

Probably a seasonal pitch? My local site has 20 seasonal pitches, and they all look a little personalised.

Each to their own, live and let live and all that :D

Probably a seasonal pitch? My local site has 20 seasonal pitches, and they all look a little personalised.

Each to their own, live and let live and all that :D
Not seasonal, definitely touring..... but as you say live and let live.

Saw another last night on the M5
Motor home pulling a mini moke...
I thought it was pulling a trailer until I got close up.

Living in rural Yorkshire, GW towing small cars are a real pain, mostly, it depends on the driver's experience and competence ! the clue is in the name camper, you take only the essentials needed to enjoy being free of THINGS.

Living in rural Yorkshire, GW towing small cars are a real pain, mostly, it depends on the driver's experience and competence ! the clue is in the name camper, you take only the essentials needed to enjoy being free of THINGS.
I've always thought it best to keep it basic when away in the Cali, if we are warm dry clean fed and watered then what else do you need except for kit for outdoor pursuits.

So we just came from a campsite a GW came with tow car first to come out was a full size rotary clothes line along with the biggest table I have seen and two of the cheapest camping chairs around along with a power washer? All for two people when they packed up the people had trouble fitting the chairs in the GW and the outside water tanks had to go in the car l dread to think of the other bits we did not see it must have been really heavy .makes you appreciate the simplicity of a California

What a bunch…
One opposite me had a drop off yesterday.
I hope this doesn’t catch on, it’s a bit like driving to the toilet block.

I’m really going off camping….

49200E51-7D62-4FDA-B589-ED283B912362.jpeg

What a bunch…
One opposite me had a drop off yesterday.
I hope this doesn’t catch on, it’s a bit like driving to the toilet block.

I’m really going off camping….

View attachment 82116
If they deliver the package to the reception it wouldn't be too bad, maybe there's a need of some spares... I also saw people having pizza delivered at the campsite...

The package did go to reception.
Still can’t see the need.
Saying that, it’s the type of site we’re at.

It’s quite sad the need for any deliveries when away.

At one site we were at someone had a Tesco delivery.

The package did go to reception.
Still can’t see the need.
Saying that, it’s the type of site we’re at.

It’s quite sad the need for any deliveries when away.
so much for "off grid". The whole flair of camping is to be self-contained/independent, intentionally giving up modern day' comforts and live a simpler relaxed life for a few days..

What’s the point of this...?

GW with awning pulling a noddy car.
Surely, once you start pulling another vehicle, you may as well buy a Caravan...?
Then, you erect an awning on the mother as well...

Is it just me, or does this make absolutely no sense whatsoever?

View attachment 65629
What does it matter what anyone else thinks? If it works for them then fine.

My experience is that there are many factors effecting how one camps and what one chooses to camp in. As an example we are about to take our grand children away during their school holidays. Two girls one week and a grandson the following week. So we have found a nice quite site not far from home and have booked a pitch for two weeks. Once parked up with our blow up awning erected our van won't move a wheel until we leave. We will be taking my late Dad's old Skoda Fabia along for the outings. We can park that anywhere and forget it. Our 11year old grandson may even get to drive it if I can find somewhere suitable. The girls are more interested in four legged transport! There will be no packing things away each morning, no problems with parking and the kids can do their worst with the car and it doesn't matter.

The owners of that outfit may either hate caravans or be unwilling to tow one. They may also be elderly and have to attend regular hospital appointments. They may have part time employment or charity work commitments. There are all manner of reasons why it may make sense to them. Equally they may look at us Cali owners and ask themselves the same question.

A nice car and a caravan might seem a better solution but not for everyone.

Also what's so bad about getting your shopping delivered to site. I've spent far too many hours on holiday pushing a trolley around various supermarkets.

Last edited:
Leave them alone, they’re happy doing their thing.

Back