Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hardwire Dashcam

D

DouglasJG Cali

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Hello - I have spent a fruitful afternoon running the wires for a halo pro front and rear Dashcam. The last thing to do is wire into the fuse box - but which fuse should I do this on. It is a two wire hardwire kit but I have no idea where to run the Misti fuses to. Happy to take advice or equally consult an auto electrician !

IMG_3165.jpeg

Hello - I have spent a fruitful afternoon running the wires for a halo pro front and rear Dashcam. The last thing to do is wire into the fuse box - but which fuse should I do this on. It is a two wire hardwire kit but I have no idea where to run the Misti fuses to. Happy to take advice or equally consult an auto electrician !

View attachment 107020
There are fuse diagrams etc in the Resources section available to VIP members.

Hi I have just fitted my BlackView dash cam and hardwired it in to the fuse box on the drivers side one. If you pick up one of these testers you can find plenty of fuses that are permanent 12v or switched live. I would recommend using piggyback fuses like the ones pictured as they make it easy peasy

Screenshot 2023-04-10 at 18.30.11.png

Screenshot 2023-04-10 at 18.32.03.png

How did you route the cable to the fuse box out of interest? Fitting my dashcam is in my todo list!

So the easy way is to remove the A pillar handle and pass the wire in the headlining then down the A pillar, if you remove the cover on the side of the dash its easy to get across to the fuse box