Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Has anyone fitted a Brandrup Isotop 1V?

I don’t suppose you know whether they have a full stock of varying mattress toppers for me to try out?

they will have a couple of variations there

So, correct Iso Top exchanged and stage 1, velcro attachment is now complete. I'll wait the recommended 48hrs before attempting the rest but will report back once completed

Ignoring the instructions that recommend a temp above 18C, I completed the install last weekend with an ambient temperature of 5C.

I left the aux heater on for 2 hrs on setting 10 and whilst the van was warm the metalwork was still pretty cold to the touch. Eager to install and test, I ploughed on regardless. Apart from the well documented "tab-gate" scenario, everything went well. It's been used several times since and I can report no loss of adhesion.

Motacyclists instructional sheet from this thread was a massive help as I thought the velcro had been stitched on back to front. https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/installed-brandrup-iso-top-iv.18991/page-3

"the two pads In the corners are placed inside the liner, the remaining pads on the outside"

Having used it at 1C and 2C I am happy to report the draught and daylight are cut down significantly resulting in a much warmer, cosier sleeping compartment.

Prior to installation, if we were sat "downstairs" we would invariable keep the "ceiling" closed to cut down on draughts. These past few nights we've opened it and the temp is fine.

I only have 20's. Does that make me posher?
Well, I thought it'd make me posher, but turns out it just makes me a numpty! The gap in mine is so tight!
The dog didn't eat my homework, but the Cali ate my score (cockney slang for £20)!

In some parts of the US the slang for 20 is dubs:

So, my dubs ate my dubs o_O!​

20.jpg

Well, I thought it'd make me posher, but turns out it just makes me a numpty! The gap in mine is so tight!
The dog didn't eat my homework, but the Cali ate my score (cockney slang for £20)!

In some parts of the US the slang for 20 is dubs:

So, my dubs ate my dubs o_O!​

View attachment 63071
By the look of it the value of your Cali has just increased by about £2.50. :thumb

Last edited:
Back