Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Brandrup ISOTOP - Early Review

I have the snorkel as well and I've found it great.
With the new fabric the inside of the bulge doesn't get wet anyway and I've tested in many days sleeping when it was raining. I believe the purpose of the Isotop is to increase thermal insulation, with side benefit of additional darkness .
What's "the snorkel", Calimili?

We installed an isotop last weekend...it was fantastic particularly in all that rain! Slept in longer in the morning and felt very cosy.... however, a bit like putting furniture together, I ended up with this..anyone know what it is for please, or where it goes....photos appreciated as someone tried to explain it on Facebook (someone else’s post) and I’m still none the wiser! Thanks.

D9E0D548-FF5D-4A06-98E0-3AC514755810.jpeg

We installed an isotop last weekend...it was fantastic particularly in all that rain! Slept in longer in the morning and felt very cosy.... however, a bit like putting furniture together, I ended up with this..anyone know what it is for please, or where it goes....photos appreciated as someone tried to explain it on Facebook (someone else’s post) and I’m still none the wiser! Thanks.

View attachment 67611
Looks to me like an imposter. Someone else had something similar in their packaging. I bought early this year and didn’t have one of these.

Looks to me like an imposter. Someone else had something similar in their packaging. I bought early this year and didn’t have one of these.
Ah, thank you, that’s good to know...might be a new washing line then!

Having just installed the Isotop and having the same piece of black string with Velcro loops on each end left over, I came on here to find an answer to the same question. An improvised washing line it is then.

Will soon find out if the Isotop is worth the price. I did some research, took a deep breath and went for it. I just hope the insulation is of better quality than the badly translated instruction sheet with blurry photos that came with it!