Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Has anyone got a "Dock" camping kitchen?

Hi @Borris & others— how are you getting on with your Dock? I\m interested….

wonder if & how would fit in my 2-seat Beach (T 6.0) …. Won’t go under the ‘multiflex’ at the back
We’ve been very keen on these since around the time Borris got his. Only thing that’s stopped us so far is where to store. With it not fitting under the multiflex the obvious place is behind the passenger seat but that’s where our fridge lives. We will be interested to know what you do if you decide to proceed.

The best mod you can make in a 2 seat T6 Beach is to lose the original "multiflex"

Having changed ours its transformed how the van works.

The best mod you can make in a 2 seat T6 Beach is to lose the original "multiflex"
Yes I agree the "multiflex" is high on my list for adaptation.....still considering options. Wondering about some kind of 'side' storage system (e.g. like Maxxcamp) etc....

Last edited:
We’ve been very keen on these since around the time Borris got his. Only thing that’s stopped us so far is where to store. With it not fitting under the multiflex the obvious place is behind the passenger seat but that’s where our fridge lives. We will be interested to know what you do if you decide to proceed.

I've ordered one. I plan to store behind driver's seat with some kind of lashing as my fridge goes behind passenger seat. Will let you know how I get on.

I've ordered one. I plan to store behind driver's seat with some kind of lashing as my fridge goes behind passenger seat. Will let you know how I get on.
I'm sorry but not owning a two rear seat version I am less familiar with the layout possibilities. Of course you don't need to remove the storage box, silly me.

@HHinds has their Dock 2 positioned in the gap between their passenger seat and said storage box. See post #140.

So I suppose the fridge/freezer and Dock kitchen can go behind either front seats although being electrical it makes sense for the fridge to go next to the socket on the N/S.

Thank you, look forward to hearing how you get on. How long do you anticipate it will be before you have it?

From the tracking website Netherlands posts suggests it will take 4-7 days to arrive. However I’ve been advised it’s likely to take longer (i.e. 2 to 3 weeks) due to COVID and customs clearance.

Mine took 3 days from shipping and I never got a import duty request

We are very happy with ours, we got a LH cutlery drawer to make it easier to access the drawer when it is on our pullout shelf that has the fridge on the left
Looking for a better set of plates and bowls that stack better though!

IMG_20210729_085258.jpg

We are very happy with ours, we got a LH cutlery drawer to make it easier to access the drawer when it is on our pullout shelf that has the fridge on the left
Looking for a better set of plates and bowls that stack better though!

View attachment 82546
Where do you store yours in transit?

We did indeed keep the dock behind the passenger seat and then tried behind the driver’s seat as well. I thought it made the living area feel very full (but maybe we jus pt had too much stuff) and it also interfered with putting our little fridge between the front seats. Due to the frustrations we had with getting things under the multi flexi board in the 2 seater layout, we have today taken delivery of a 3 seater layout.

We did indeed keep the dock behind the passenger seat and then tried behind the driver’s seat as well. I thought it made the living area feel very full (but maybe we jus pt had too much stuff) and it also interfered with putting our little fridge between the front seats. Due to the frustrations we had with getting things under the multi flexi board in the 2 seater layout, we have today taken delivery of a 3 seater layout.
That's great for you. Do please tell us more. :thumb

That’s interesting, even though we would prefer the m f to be higher we would never go from the 2 seater to the 3, we feel here is much more useable space with the 2 seater. Let’s know over time how you find the transition.

Mine arrived in a week. Once the Royal Mail tracking showed it arrived I went to the delivery depot and paid the customs charge (£130) rather than wait for the letter.

I am impressed with it - super convenient as kitchen “ready to go”. Changed one Tefal frying pan which was the 26cm one (it’s 28 cm at the widest point) and didn’t fit properly.

my tefal stove fits nicely in the upper compartment. If windy could keep it there and just lift off the board. Then would be a good wind break too. The stove does have the longer hose though - with shorter hose prob would not reach the ground.

the drawer is a delight to operate -really smooth - the compartments inside are fixed so a longer implement mightn’t fit. For example a couple of the knives have gone in diagonally.

irritatingly the hatch didn’t quite fit properly and caught on the side. So I had to sand it a bit on one side, now it operates smoothly.

overall v happy with it and makes cooking a lot easier than keeping things in boxes. So quick to set up which was great at the motorway services for a quick dinner!

fits nicely behind the drivers seat. Haven’t tried using it in the van yet though

8391AFFB-5B57-47B3-B371-B5E0B644077A.jpeg

0150A1A8-A075-4347-856C-E792E8594579.jpeg

DC3A355C-1E3D-4C79-AA2C-09251D569951.jpeg

B5185F55-E812-48C1-820E-30FF8987BB4F.jpeg

E4C4CE36-CE46-4CF9-B7C5-4145ED5E9234.jpeg

F5FE2499-35CC-4B0B-836F-E4DB51648EF6.jpeg

Looks great! I was very fortunate that I never got a letter!
Is that the Primus tupike stove you have?

Nice. I'd like a tupike but it has been out of stock for ages

Oh that’s a shame. I like the Tupike as it simmers properly (unlike campingaz dual burner) and compatible with so many different gas cylinders. I wonder if Primus have stopped making them?? That would be a shame.

Last edited:
Some pics of how things fit. The frying pan is the tefal 24cm one.

View attachment 83150

View attachment 83151

View attachment 83152
Interesting photos. I have always visualised the stove being used on top of the Bamboo board as in the Dock Camp Kitchen video in post #1. However, using it inside would give extra wind protection but would lower the working height. Do you intend to use your Tupike in that position? If so how do you route the gas hose? I assume it would just go round the side of the stove and out of the front.

I'm still waiting to evaluate the stove that Hans of Dock Camp Kitchens is having made up to his design. So don't currently cook in conjunction with the Dock kitchen.

Interesting photos. I have always visualised the stove being used on top of the Bamboo board as in the Dock Camp Kitchen video in post #1. However, using it inside would give extra wind protection but would lower the working height. Do you intend to use your Tupike in that position? If so how do you route the gas hose? I assume it would just go round the side of the stove and out of the front.

I'm still waiting to evaluate the stove that Hans of Dock Camp Kitchens is having made up to his design. So don't currently cook in conjunction with the Dock kitchen.

Hi @Borris - I’ll definitely try it out in that position if windy conditions. I’ve just checked - the gas hose would route fine either through the front left corner of the top hatch or alternatively over the back. Note I have the 1 metre extension hose rather than the original one which would be too short.

Hi @Borris - I’ll definitely try it out in that position if windy conditions. I’ve just checked - the gas hose would route fine either through the front left corner of the top hatch or alternatively over the back. Note I have the 1 metre extension hose rather than the original one which would be too short.
What I like about using the stove in this way is that not only do you get better wind deflection but the front part of the Dock kitchen's top stregthening rail provides a sort of safety rail to prevent pans from being knocked off if someone barges into the Dock. With dogs and kids about when camping anything is possible.

What is the silver thing on top of the Tupike? Is it a small table?

Hi @Borris — there’s a small Quechua table on top (see the top photo) and also the two clip on side ‘flap’ things (Also present in the middle photo). I will try using the cooker this way in real life and let you know how I get on! Will post some pix

Back