Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

have i got a problem with my floor ??

sue.h

sue.h

VIP Member
Hi
can anyone help.
we have a 2011 cali and I just noticed that the area immediately behind the handbrake (behind meaning away from the windscreen) is very soft and sags.

I stood on it yesterday and there is a 7-10 cm area that sags when we stand on it,

we just wondered if anyone had the time to check theirs so that we know if we have a problem.

thanks in advance

:help

Mine too , been meaning to take it into the dealer, any idea what the fix is?

Assuming you mean the carpeted area... It's perfectly normal, I've seen lots, they are all the same and it's down to the soundproofing and cushioning etc.

If it's the bit behind the carpet... that's more of an issue.

Rgds
Mark

Yeah ours too always a problem when two floorings of different thicknesses meet.
The transition trim between the carpet and pvc floor has broken and come loose on ours but I've never got around to sorting it out.
You'd never guess I was a flooring contractor!

that all sounds good. dont think i will bother with the dealer. it is just the carpeted bit behing the handbrake just before it joins the plastic saloon area. so i guess it doesnt sound like an issue.

thanks everyone :thanks

Ours is the same & always has been.

I have 2 questions:
1. What exactly is the soft bit of floor (material? thickness? fastening?)
2. How many times can somebody stand on it before it fails?

Any ideas?

Talked to someone who had a early t5 model and told me his floor at that certain place was much harder and did not bended when you stand on it...
VW probaly did some things to lose weight in some places to compensate extra weight elsware....
My 2012 has the same weak spot between the two front seats

Back