Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Havin a drink!

Topdog

Topdog

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi all,
I'm still in the process of thinking about getting a van. One of the conundrums I've thought about, is if you're having a drink in the van whilst parked up. Surely you could get prosecuted for dink driving? My guess is that one should only have a drink when parked on private property. Am I correct? I'm not saying I want to get hammered and have a little drive about, I just mean camping the night with a couple of beers/bottle of wine.

What are peoples experiences? Any advice on this in general?

I would not have a drink if wild camping incase for any reason I had to move on on a camp site is the same as going down the pub

I love the buzz of wild camping,but as Andy implied you never know when you might need to drive away on a drop of a hat,that's why you need to be careful with the bubbly.
That's where campsites are handy, one doesn't have that worry :smile

Don't drink whilst wild camping on a public road. You could easily be prosecuted for being drunk in charge of a vehicle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Couple of possible solutions to this that I have employed -
1)
Give the keys to a trusted person - appreciate that it is not always possible but if staying near a pub give the keys to landlord. I did this recently but obviously there are some caviats on this but might possibly apply.

2)
Get a teetotal partner! :D

Back