Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Heading to continent or not in autumn ?

From midnight tonight, All travellers from mainland Spain must self quarantine for 14 days on return to UK. Just on the 9pm news.
Ouch! Prompted me to look at the Spanish new infection cases on daily basis (Source - Worldometer). Not looking good.
1595753627985.png

We have a plan to go to France and Spain in October/November/December but only because we had a crossing booked before the pandemic hit that we then rescheduled. We have to use the crossing (Tunnel) before the end of the year or forfeit the cost but we won't be making a decision until the day before our new scheduled crossing date and if that means I loose my money then so be it. Our health is our top priority. In the meantime we are doing some long weekends in the UK, including the two club meets in Slimbridge and Looe.

We are booked to go away Portsmouth to Caen on the 7th sept and coming back on the 28th Santander to Portsmouth.. Will do our best to go but who knows what will happen by then? might be much better might be much worse.. The thing about a Campervan on a camp site at that time of the year is its very very quiet normally and the only time you come into contact with anyone is booking in, the washroom and washing dishes. Even then you can stagger all of that. I will just wait and see and make a decision on the day...

Back