Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Heated "Cloth" Seats

Gazellio

Gazellio

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
From my other "Options" thread it is interesting to see how many peeps put "Heated Seats" as a must have option. I would understand this entirely if the seats where thick leather as in most Land Rovers/Prestige Cars as they take for ever to warm without.

However most California seats are fabric/cloth (as is mine) and however cold it is outside it takes only seconds if not a minute for the seats to warm to your bum temperature so personally I do not see it as a TOP 5 from my list.

Comments appreciated.

I chose heated seats, and App connect using iphone maps and discarded the VW SAT Nav

Surprised heated seats are an option, I thought they were standard?

For me, heated seats are a nice luxury that i can appreciate each day. ( winter months )
So i´d always tick that box.

Not on my 2017 Beach - unless there is a button I haven't found which is always possible. I didn't discover the "rest" button until 20,000 miles...

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu
Always an “Option” on the Beach as far as I am aware.

Respectfully would agree that heated seats are a must, bearing
in mind that most of us have some sort of covering (on the seats) too.

I don’t believe I had a car without heated seats for the last 30 years. Generally it is standard in Denmark but not for a California. So I ordered them without thinking. But I know a lot of people in Denmark who never use them. I hate freezing and driving in a big coat so I would never go without.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! There we go, I have been missing something... I still cannot imagine it.

I remember the long bench seat in the family Peugeot 404 years ago. We went on a camping holiday to the Dordogne in 1972. Myself and my three brothers all sitting on the plastic vinyl seat in shorts - boy that was heated, most unpleasant.

5cc9b5521c62be37df1db64e57c09433.jpg

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Would never own a car without … as long as I live in this climate at least ;-)

No. Cali should also have an option of heated steering wheel.

Amen to that! I don't understand why VW don't offer it as an option because they've got it on the Golf, Passat etc. Have had a heated steering wheel on a few cars now (Range Rover, Ford Focus and BMW 1 Series) and it really is nice.

As I've said on here before I've got Reynauld's phenomenon which makes my hands much colder than most people.

They sure are popular, love my heated seats.

Always an “Option” on the Beach as far as I am aware.

Here, if you tick the box for leather you have to also take the heated seats.. Which oddly enough, aren't included in the price of the leather, still a 500 bucks (non)option...

I always thought its a must since most cars sold in Sweden has it as standard.
When I picked up our VW California i could not find the buttons for heated seats. It seemed the heated seats option went missing on my last offer from the dealer. I haven't missed them since I always use the heater anyway if it is cold.

So basically what you're seeing is a global response ("I live in a very cold climate" so it's a must) to what looks like a UK retail question. I would never buy leather seats without heating, but I've never seen the point or need for heating on cloth seats (in the UK at least).
...and no they don't make you sweaty :)