Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Heated "Cloth" Seats

So basically what you're seeing is a global response ("I live in a very cold climate" so it's a must)

Maybe, but all of the hire cars I've had in the UK have had heated seats. So, possibly from a resale perspective, there seems to be enough of the market that wants that.

Maybe, but all of the hire cars I've had in the UK have had heated seats. So, possibly from a resale perspective, there seems to be enough of the market that wants that.

I'm not disputing the data, my point being the options we all can't live without are personal to us, our situation and our priorities, so I was suprised at how popular it was along with Gaziello. Hire cars are usually a good example of optimised spec for resale as you say.

Rest button now where’s that then?
It is a button on the heater controls, but only if you have the 3 zone climate control. Gives you 20 mins of warm air with the ignition off.

It is a button on the heater controls, but only if you have the 3 zone climate control. Gives you 20 mins of warm air with the ignition off.
Thanks I didn’t know that it’s a complicated heating system that It takes me all my time to get it at a temperature that’s comfortable I’ll leave that button alone

Thanks I didn’t know that it’s a complicated heating system that It takes me all my time to get it at a temperature that’s comfortable I’ll leave that button alone
It is useful if you are just parked up for a while. Also keeps the Cali warm on a cold day if you lock it and do some shopping for example.

I added the heated seats to my MY17 Beach.... Love them..... I'm getting the cloth re-trimmed in leather today (of all days) and as this was always my intention, I added the heated seats option during purchase (I would have went for factory leather also, if it had of been available.)

I was strongly recommended to add the heated seats my a mate who has a conversion (without a parking heater) as at the end of the day a van takes longer to heat-up inside (parking heater mitigation aside) and heated seats give you that comfy feeling from the get-go. I park my Beach, which has the overnight heater, in my underground car-park, where it is out of range of the remote. Not that it gets terribly cold underground anyhow.

First thing I add to my motorcycles is heated grips, and seat also when available..... So, added the seats to the Cali without hesitation. Had them before in previous cars also, all leather seats.... So, now just a given suppose.

When your packing up camp on a frosty morning it’s nice to jump In with the heated seats on

Agree I love my heated seats in my Discovery but don't miss them much in my Cali as the seat never seems cold at all, I guess that because un-heated Discovery seat is like an ice-block for about ten minutes.(Element had to be replaced a week ago during the ice-age)

Thanks for the replies I agree Heated Seats are great but in a cloth seat Cali just not in my top 5 over and above such things as Timed Parking Heater, LED Lights, SAT NAV, Cruise Control, & Parking Sensors.

It was question asked in context not a straight would you have heated seats question.

I don't get the leather/fabric thing. A cold seat is cold no matter what fabric it is. Anyway, I'd rather have the warm seats, than the overpriced SATNAV. We use an iPad mini and GoogleMaps anyway. Much more versatile, mobile, and a lot cheaper ;-)

I don't get the leather/fabric thing. A cold seat is cold no matter what fabric it is. Anyway, I'd rather have the warm seats, than the overpriced SATNAV. We use an iPad mini and GoogleMaps anyway. Much more versatile, mobile, and a lot cheaper ;-)

Well I assure you if you had a Leather Seat Discovery and a Cloth Seat Cali as I do you would know the difference. I had a week without seat heating in January due to a failed element and it was freezing and really uncomfortable for about ten minutes. In the Cali even at -3 I can get in feel the cold for about a minute then its at bum temperature and comfortable. Massive difference.

Beach is not imported to Denmark due to the high tax (it is not classified as a camper due to lack of camping facilities). But my priorities would definitely include 150 hp + 4M + DSG … before anything else ;-)

Well I assure you if you had a Leather Seat Discovery and a Cloth Seat Cali as I do you would know the difference. I had a week without seat heating in January due to a failed element and it was freezing and really uncomfortable for about ten minutes. In the Cali even at -3 I can get in feel the cold for about a minute then its at bum temperature and comfortable. Massive difference.

So it is just a matter of how long you must suffer ;-) Why suffer at all? Just turn on the heater!

As said before IF I was speccing a van from new it would have heated cloth seats. I just would not choose them in front of Diesel heater or LED Lamps or Sat Nav if I was buying a Pre Specced Demonstrator and had a choice of several vans.

As said before IF I was speccing a van from new it would have heated cloth seats. I just would not choose them in front of Diesel heater or LED Lamps or Sat Nav if I was buying a Pre Specced Demonstrator and had a choice of several vans.
But others including myself would spec them over Led lights and Sat Nav for example. I thought you were looking at it from a business view not a personal one.

But others including myself would spec them over Led lights and Sat Nav for example. I thought you were looking at it from a business view not a personal one.

Men's testes need to be a cooler temperature to the rest of the body 35 degrees compared to 37 degrees.

I wonder if there is a correlation between increased use of heated car seats and the drop in European fertility rates?

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Men's testes need to be a cooler temperature to the rest of the body 35 degrees compared to 37 degrees.

I wonder if there is a correlation between increased use of heated car seats and the drop in European fertility rates?

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu
:D I'm not planning on any more offspring lol.

Re-trimmed mine in leather yesterday. Very happy! I'll post a more detailed review later today. The new seats, take a bit longer for the heat to disperse thru, but still quite quick.

IMG_4279.JPG

Re-trimmed mine in leather yesterday. Very happy! I'll post a more detailed review later today. The new seats, take a bit longer for the heat to disperse thru, but still quite quick.

Lovely seats Jonathan!

In your trial, I assume you controlled for the thickness of the hide on the tester, not just the thickness of the hide on the seats??
:upsidedown