Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Heated Seats

Gavrobb

Gavrobb

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
First off - I'll admit to being a bit sensitive about heated seats, living up here in the North they are a key option for us, I realise some folk don't like them.

For those who do then how are you finding the three settings on the Cali for heated seats, I'm really impressed with the hottest setting - faster heat up and more heat than some other vehicles we've owned to the point that they are almost too hot at times (which is great)
But, I find that the second / middle setting and, indeed, the lowest don't actually feel like they are even on. I almost think this is even more of an issue since we changed out the seats. Do others have the same issue and am I perhaps missing something here? Loose connector for example??

Thanks

Gavrobb - I've hardly used mine so can't comment - but you're welcome to pop round and test them both at the same time for comparison.

I rarely have them switched off !!

Hi Gav,

I'll let you know shortly - hopefully!

I'm guessing that they will be fairly similar to the heated seats in my VW Sharan though, which are excellent & funnily enough, on almost all the time (mornings.) Well, it is feeling a bit brass monkeys these days :)

Come to think of it, I don't think I have actually tried the other settings, so I probably should. It's always straight to 'max' every morning

A three way Reflex Silver T6 Ocean bum warming test in Aberdeen - is that statistically significant or do we need a few more volunteers??? Mind you with the horizontal snow and hoollie this morning it's needed :(

Would be worth it for the photo alone.
Rubbish weather, but never mind. Autumn's just around the corner :)

Hi.. Yes start on 3.. then drop to 1... Yes a difference in the setting BUTT I notice even on setting 1 I can get a noticeable surge of heat seems like it has gone back upto 3 for a minute or so ???

Hi.. Yes start on 3.. then drop to 1... Yes a difference in the setting BUTT I notice even on setting 1 I can get a noticeable surge of heat seems like it has gone back upto 3 for a minute or so ???
I think they switch on and off to regulate the temperature on level 1 & 2.
A bit like an electric oven!:thumb

We're looking to buy a T5 but looking at the weather in the North East today, snowing as I type, I hope the van we find has heated seats.

I have them in my golf and being prone to a bad back they are fantastic in the morning, quick blast on 3 and then down to 1 as the car warms up.

We're looking to buy a T5 but looking at the weather in the North East today, snowing as I type, I hope the van we find has heated seats.

I have them in my golf and being prone to a bad back they are fantastic in the morning, quick blast on 3 and then down to 1 as the car warms up.

I have them on leather seats in my current car and will have them in the new one whatever it may be. To be fair we've only had three of the four seasons up here today. Its stopped snowing now :thumb

Ours seem to give a reasonably graded response, love them (almost as much as the fold in mirrors and the remote control for the heater)

We love the heated seats and we have Inka waterproof covers. If I ever had to get a different vehicle it would have to have them. I have mine on either 2 or 3 and my daughter has hers on 2. Only gripe is that the seat in the back doesn't have it! Then you could have a toasty bed too!

It was essential kit when I had my sciatica at Christmas and came out of the physio. And -8 in the French countryside.

Zebedee

We love the heated seats and we have Inka waterproof covers. If I ever had to get a different vehicle it would have to have them. I have mine on either 2 or 3 and my daughter has hers on 2. Only gripe is that the seat in the back doesn't have it! Then you could have a toasty bed too!

It was essential kit when I had my sciatica at Christmas and came out of the physio. And -8 in the French countryside.

Zebedee
I was unsure about using mine with Inka covers as the handbook warns not to use heated seats if you cover them with anything? Guidance?

Zebedee
Zebedee , if you're on hook up use an electric blanket... a single blanket (one of those that fits around a mattress) fits fine over a topper and doesn't move around a lot...

I ordered heated seats and leather. Just by chance I noticed that the colour of the front seats and the back bench were slightly different....they had mixed up the seats....I was offered a swap with the chap with my colour of seats who was in Norfolk....no chance! I'd ordered heated ones and his weren't !
Anyone up here today would be grateful for thermals and heated seats...brrrhhh!

Never used the heated seat function .
Now i think of it , neigther has my other half ....strange as she usually put it on frequent in her Renault ...but that are leather seats and feel colder.

I was unsure about using mine with Inka covers as the handbook warns not to use heated seats if you cover them with anything? Guidance?
If it helps we have Brandrup seat covers and use our heated seats with no trouble.

David

Yes, let us know if you have any heated moments!

But isn't sitting on them covering them?!