Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help! Pop-up roof on new cali

D

David Bradley

VIP Member
I have allowed my son to borrow our new California for a trip to Scotland. Despite all my instructions he has phoned me to say that he has put the roof down without opening a door or window. He noticed that some of the fabric was trapped outside the front of the retracted roof and immediately re-raised the roof and then retracted it with a door open. He tells me that there is no visible damage. Can anyone reassure me that we have "got away with it" on this occasion and there is unlikely to have been any damage. I worry about where such a large volume of air can have gone. Thanks.

Sounds like he/you may have been lucky with it. Best to put it back up and check round all of the roof bellows and make sure that it is not kinked anywhere on the metal roof.

Make sure he opens the appropriate window and door when closing. Best to also stand up inside the roof and watch the bellows fold in as the roof closes and make sure that nothing gets trapped as the roof comes down.

cheers

Don't worry I have done this several times without damage if it was coming out of the front you will be ok as there are no hinges there its just the sides where the hinges are it can cause the canvas to get trapped and tear. Hope he has got away with it. Lesson learned :thumb

Back