Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hey Siri, drive me to the end of the world...

Deskman

Deskman

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
20161021-172625-OFR_1040419.jpg

At last I have a radio that works. I had a standard RNS2 with CD-changer, nav and Parrot and it worked. But the screen was scratched beyond belief, the carkit was not very sophisticated and no option to stream music.

So I bought a China-made WinCE based radio via eBay which should fit and be plug-and-play. It fitted, the quality was, well, old fashioned Chinese and the touch-screen was flat grey and touch was more 'push'.

More annoying was that it was far from plug-and-play, even with the Canbus converter in place. After weeks of mailing with the (very helpful) service department I gave up.

I bought a Alpine iLX700 and a special double-din frame for the Multivan dash and it works like charm. Apple CarPlay is really nice, voice control seems to work very well and the sound is great.

The only thing is that it relies on a switched 12V and not to the ACC cable which seems to be somewhere but nobody knows where. All documentation is about the 2009 - T5 with a completely different wiring (and Canbus).

Is there anybody on the forum with a 2006 Cali Highline (7HCW13) who knows where to find the ACC line?

Last edited: