Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

High Wycombe - Citygate

surfbus

surfbus

VIP Member
A big up to Gary Lewis at Citygate.
After a fruitless attempt to get any sort of deal out of my current local, but inflexible, dealer, I scoured the internet and phoned many dealers without much success.
Gary at Citygate was recommended to me by Shaun (Bournemouthbeach) and I have to say that dealing with him has been a pleasure. No high pressure sales just honest, (well as honest as a salesman can be. ;) ) advice on the vehicle and accessories.
Gary's product knowledge is very good and he was also quick to find the answer to any questions that he was unfamiliar with.
There is a very relaxed atmosphere at Citygate which makes parting with your money almost, but not quite, painless! ........ even for a Scotsman!!
Looking forward to a March delivery.

Bill

I second that.... :D

As a first time new vehicle buyer I was sceptical about dealing with salesmen having worked as a technician at a VW dealer...

Our local dealer ( Breeze ) Weren't interested in the slightest we had emailed Gary and he was keen for us to visit which we did.

Polite as Bill said no hard sale very helpful and to be honest he made our first and maybe last new purchase very enjoyable....

So thanks Gary and thanks to CityGate would highly recommend them to anyone who is looking to buy new or used Califorina SE or Beach.....

Shaun

Glad you had a good experience! Were you able to negotiate any material discount on the purchase? I am thinking of buying new from them. Thanks.

veg_frenzy said:
Glad you had a good experience! Were you able to negotiate any material discount on the purchase? I am thinking of buying new from them. Thanks.

I was happy with our price, guess it depends on what you want but there great to deal with I recommend to Bill and hes a happy bunny.... :D

Cheers

Shaun

As Shaun says, it depends what you want and what price you are comfortable with.
Citygate at Wooburn are friendly, good to deal with and certainly have a keener pricing structure than my local dealers in the Herts/Cambridge area.
Just bear in mind that everyone has to make a bit of a profit (but not too much ;) ) otherwise they will go out of business and that does no-one any good!
I wouldn't want to tie Gary and his team into a specific discount on a California but you will not be disappointed with the experience.
If you want a "fixed price" then take your chances on line with "Drive the Deal" .... personally I would rather see the whites of the salesman's eyes. :crazy
Good luck,
Bill

An enjoyable experience from the moment we made our first enquiry to driving away in our brand new Cali.
From the Receptionist who first took our enquiry, we were dealt with courteously, with good humour and endless patience, and professionalism.
Gary Lewis was the perfect salesman for us, he knew when to leave us alone and was there to answer all our questions, and there were many. He understood our requirements and worked hard to help us achieve them.
When we collected our vehicle, Gary and the Sales Manager took great trouble helping us feel confident with our Cali, adding many useful tips that you might not find in the handbook.
The final touch of a bouquet of flowers and a bottle of champagne when we picked it up was above and beyond good service. We left very confident that Gary and his colleagues would help us resolve any problems, should we encounter any.
Everyone at the dealer seemed to understand share our enthusiasm for our new purchase.

image.jpg

I can echo everything about this dealer and Gary Lewis. Yet to pick our Cali up after placing our order at the weekend - hopefully we'll get some flowers and bubbles too. ;)

Saw Gary Lewis at Citygate on Saturday. Ended up buying our first Cali. Enough said. :)

I've also always found the service team at Citygate very helpful and competent, and straightforward to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just collected our new-to-us (2015, 5k miles) T5 Cali from Citygate Wooburn Green.All went smoothly and the van had obviously been checked over carefully. Citygate had been proactive in replacing the roof bellows which had turned out to be damaged even though I hadn't checked that myself pre-deal. So they'd done all they could to make the van as-new and you can't say fairer than that when you're buying used.

I must admit that when we started looking at used Calis I assumed we'd be buying one through a third-party Cali-lover rather than from a VW van-shifter franchise. But I must say we've had a good experience so far with Citygate. Their salesperson Gary Lewis really does know his way round the Cali, and he was both professional and nice to deal with throughout.

Velma is now getting used to her new home. I'll probably go out to her a couple of times overnight to pat her bonnet and make sure she's all right.

Had our first service this week at 15000 miles at Citygate Wooburn Green. Very pleased with the experience, our only previous being a replacement table a few months ago.

We needed a courtesy vehicle so booked a week ahead and were given a LWB Transporter for the 2days at no charge.

Alongside the oil service we had the 23U8 update (MY17 150 DSG) and a couple of warranty repairs, our electricity/water housing cover was coming away from the body of the vehicle and the fresh and waste water tank symbols were constantly flashing, the tanks having not been used until the last month. The former was replaced under warranty (part arriving next day) and the latter was a case of cables not plugged into the control panel (likely came out of the factory that way). Haven't refilled the water yet but the symbols aren't flashing and show as empty so I expect it all to be fine,

All handled smoothly with updates along the way. Would recommend and will use again.

Bought my 2018 Cali from a different dealer whose salesman was unable to tell me where the jack was. He called out his California Expert Engineer who was unable to locate it either! It was my wife who asked what was in the box behind the rear seats. Confidence was dented so decided any further dealing would be done elsewhere. On the strength of these reviews and convenience I picked Citygate Wooburn. It was a small issue just a popped rivet on the camping chair, but impressed by the friendly helpful staff and the speed of getting it sorted out under warranty, replacement was ready for collection next day.
Will certainly be using them for servicing and repairs.

I visited this same dealer (Citygate Wooburn) on two occasions about 2.5 years ago. Things went fairly well with a test drive and some questions being referred to the 'Brand' for an answer. The spec was compiled and verified by their back office as build-able. Then came the issue of the price. I was offered the vehicle at full list price and told that they could sell all the Californias they could get without discounting. I wished him luck and left.

He did all the hard work and the sale went to Eurovans where I had no issues. Perhaps he didn't like me :(

I have used them regularly with no real complaints - any issues I had they dealt with directly with me - I will continue using them.