Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Q for suggestions on a trip to Wales

• Thread starter Hotel California
  • Start date
Yes, you'll find that type of socket pretty much everywhere. Enjoy your trip.

From this Thurs (9 June) to Sunday we'll be taking a quick trip around West Wales, then back via the Black Mountains. Planning to stay at three of the campsites listed in Coolcamping (www.coolcamping.co.uk):
1. Dews Lake Farm at Lamphey near Pembroke
2. Porthclais Farm at St David's
3. Llanthony Priory in Vale of Ewyas (in the Black Mountains, on our route homewards).

I used to get taken to a lot of the beaches in Pembrokeshire when I was a small boy (Freshwater, Saundersfoot, Pendine - okay that one's in Carmarthenshire) and I remember them as the Best Beaches in the World... but I'll let you know how we get on this weekend!

Hurry up, the weather is really good at the moment :thumb

Ferry on the 15th Dunqerke to Dover and first to the meet in Glouchester
You may keep a spot for us as the plan is to head your way in the week afther....;)

You may keep a spot for us as the plan is to head your way in the week afther....;)
Hey HC - get onto this facebook group - you can search and the places pop up - great resource - have fun

campervan overnight parking ...... dont tell anyone

Kicking this tread up as we take off in a week now....
Any tips on great sites (campsites)and places to spend the night at great spots (freecamping) are more than welcome.
Those coming to the meet at the Lower Lode Inn feel free to come over and chat as we wil be there.....

Been only once to the UK with the Cali on two diffrent campsites and the hook-up was with the blue three pin plug on those sites , guess it is that way in most sites?
We only need a adaptor for the wifes hairdryer i think....
Hi Wim, we will be at Lower Lode and look forward to meeting you, if you're going to North Wales we should be able to help.

All the UK sites have the same mains connectors.

Colin

Too late - the weather has broken :Grin. Some amazing thunder and lightning in Bedfordshire this evening.

Too late - the weather has broken :Grin. Some amazing thunder and lightning in Bedfordshire this evening.
We got thunder& lightning each evening the last 14 days now....
Water pooring down every day , and high themperatures...

He's not going to Bedfordshire, the weather is still great in Wales :D:D:D

Reactions: DM
If you like bird watching and you are ar Tewksbury check out Slimbridge wildfowl trust. Spend 50 p to buy birdfood to feed the diving ducks - hilarious! Makes me grin just thinking about it :bananadance:bananadance:bananadance

Went to Wales last week - was supposed to go to North Yorkshire, but weather was so bad we diverted. At the last minute we checked into http://www.walescaravanandcamping.com/ with minimal research.

Good location - small reservoir nearby for fishing, bird watching, near Bike Park Wales for excellent mountain biking.

Basic but clean facilities. The camping field was very hilly, but we were there in half term and still plenty of flat areas to use.

The main problem were the midges - I guess it was because we were close to the resevoir, but after 3 days of lovelly weather there were swarms of midges! Maybe this is because there has never been 3 days of sun in a row in Wales before???

Are midges a problem all over Wales or were we just unlucky?

Its still hot here in Warwickshire, so I hope you're in for some nice weather in Wales. :)

Very humid lately so the occasional thunder and lightening but not much rain oddly.