Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How can you tell if a goat has been in your Cali? Now with video!

This I supposed puts an end to the 2wd vs 4wd debate! Still don't know why you, and especially your dog, would have allowed a goat to stay overnight. Very tempting to make sexual jokes, but I'll refrain, since you seem to have a good heart and way more understanding than me after having your Cali being pooped inside. Not sure I would have let the goat live after that. Those horns would have made a good ornament ... :D:D:D
And the diff lock debate too. To get out from that spot was a bumpy wet grass slope with rocks to avoid. Only got half way up on first attempt. With diff lock on it was easy.
I feel the goat was grateful for my tolerance.... and the Cali heating.
3EECDECB-1681-4513-B281-4C6B4630D7B3.jpeg

Yes you could get to almost where I did and many great places to camp along the way. No I wouldn’t even attempt to get to the exact spot I stayed without 4motion. Sorry to disappoint

that doesn't disappoint! looks like i could get to about 10m away at a wonderful spot just nearby. Might head there actually. looks wonderful there.

Could be in Scotland. Goathouse of Fleet... or John O'Goats.

O wow! A pretty aggressive goat at that. Your dog really behaved well. That would've been an experience.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

O wow! A pretty aggressive goat at that. Your dog really behaved well. That would've been an experience.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
It sure was an experience. Never slept with a goat before. (Don’t go there!) They sleep for about 30 minutes at a time kind of purring then burp up some grass and chew for a while. Then fart and burp some more. A quick shake to wake everyone within 1/2 a mile with their bell... then back to sleep. The wet goat didn’t smell, the poo was mild compost, it’s the pee that got up my nose... errr so to speak.
The dog was not happy as he protects the van most vigilantly. Somehow I feel he knew the poor mite was in need so relented. Once the cold damp thing came for shelter I felt a responsibility, as I was able the least I could do was oblige another needy living being. Though the local puppy guard dog would have come first had they come at the same time....F745147E-769D-4D73-8DDA-F3C6B196024D.jpeg

Last edited:
Just to put this into perspective... 305168E7-CC31-49E7-9BB0-38264729900F.jpeg

Would love to meet somewhere, seems we like the same kind of thing. Maybe somewhere we both don’t know?

Peleponesos? Albania? Silk route? More simply, if you return via The Netherlands (Hook of Holland - Harwich?), simply just drop by!

Though I haven’t used a campsite in years.

We don’t mind wild camping at all, but the nature reserves we were in most of the time this trip didn’t allow it and, as a rule, then we don’t do it.

Peleponesos? Albania? Silk route? More simply, if you return via The Netherlands (Hook of Holland - Harwich?), simply just drop by!

We don’t mind wild camping at all, but the nature reserves we were in most of the time this trip didn’t allow it and, as a rule, then we don’t do it.
Peleponesos.... looks amazing! Have sailed around that area but never done it by Cali land yacht. Well up for going more east too. So many places... so little time. Will PM you to dream up a plan when home.

I respect that. I try to keep to the rules too.

Back