Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What (if any) defects have you found with your new T6

Electric Sliding door is scratching paint on wheel arch... Anyone have this issue ?
Interesting - I noticed scratches on my wheel arch the other day and was ready to blame the postman/delivery person for not being careful when walking past. Didn't consider it could be the sliding door. The scratches are in the right place though - I will investigate further.

Interesting - I noticed scratches on my wheel arch the other day and was ready to blame the postman/delivery person for not being careful when walking past. Didn't consider it could be the sliding door. The scratches are in the right place though - I will investigate further.

Booked in + VW for adjustment then paint shop after a month I ensure it’s correctly aligned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is your awning?
Recently got a new California Ocean. Previous one was an ex demo and a couple of defects did occur. One was the gas struts for the roof gradually let the roof down and the other was the awning splitting on the seam. Both warranty items. I notice that the awning on the new one does not have this seam.
Did check the new one over thoroughly and no defects as far as I could see.

Mine is now almost totally unusable and with a big huge flounce I'm going to deliver Alfie to a VW dealer as soon as I get home and demand that the point of major failure is addressed immediately :shocked

The tap broke last night :sad

The first problem in nearly 80 nights and 9,000 miles.

The light in the wardrobe doesn't turn off when the wardrobe door is shut. Very irritating. I have to push the hinge and slam the door each time leaving the sliding door open so that I can see the light has gone off.
Also found that the front drivers side window blind catches on the plastic trim.
Saving it up for a few more things then will get them all done at once!

Mine is now almost totally unusable and with a big huge flounce I'm going to deliver Alfie to a VW dealer as soon as I get home and demand that the point of major failure is addressed immediately :shocked

What’s got a big flounce, the awning?

Phew - for a nasty moment there I thought you were going to report it had run out of wine..... thank goodness it was only the tap. ;)

Same here. I disconnected the cable. Now the light doesn't come on but at least it isn't on when the door is shut!

Good idea - at least until I can take it back to get it fixed. I would not be happy if it drained the leisure battery and have a nasty suspicion that it might come on quite easily even without opening the door!

Firstly this is not a thread for complaining!
I am trying to bring together all the things, little and large, which owners have come across since they took delivery (or indeed at delivery).
Could anyone who has found an issue just post a 1-liner stating what it is and when it appeared.
Lou has posted a few on the 'beginners' forum. I my next post I will list these here and add to the list if anyone does in fact reply to this.
If by any strange chance VW manage to build my new Cali before they introduce the T7 I want to try to make sure I give it a thorough check-over before using it in the wilds of nowhere many miles from a dealer. I am sure there are many others like me. I want to know what to look out for. Some of the things posters have mentioned happen over time and are not relevant for the site's handover checklists or for whatever reason are not on them.

I am determined to love my Cali whatever its faults, but that is not the same as not wanting to know what they might be (or not noticing them in the cloud of joy when it arrives.so a little problem gets time to fester into a large one).

Problems with coolant light/coolant consumption. Still not resolved. Still love our Cali.
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/coolant-problems.24337/

The light in the wardrobe doesn't turn off when the wardrobe door is shut. Very irritating. I have to push the hinge and slam the door each time leaving the sliding door open so that I can see the light has gone off.
Also found that the front drivers side window blind catches on the plastic trim.
Saving it up for a few more things then will get them all done at once!
Same here even after 2 attempts by the dealer to sort it - can't see they did much though.
Apparently a "part" is being ordered - I'm not holding my breath

Squeaky belt, and pulley, and the headlining screw heads coming off so far + 10k miles.
Touch wood and whistle.....:Nailbiting

Just noticed that our Preston MY17 has the same problem. Did you manage to correct? Thanks. Just noticed later reply - I will see the dealer.
Update to the poorly fitted rear door card:
Long story short. Llandudno Junction VW did some temporary riveting and said they would order a replacement. Mechanic left so nothing ordered. Reorsered but nothing came to fruition! Spoke to the manager and card was sorted within a week. I am thinking that good VW mechanics are in short supply in the VW commercial network if Llandudno Junction anything to go by as was told that only one commercial mechanic available.

Had our Cali for a year and a half now and have been away in it approx 120 nights. 17k miles. Bellows have leaked twice (once each side in same week) in very bad Norwegian weather but not too serious, passenger headlining push studs have sheared (2) and now uneven closing of the pop up roof seems to be an increasing issue. Need also to have front bottom rad grill replaced - some clown reversed a tow bracket into it (no not me!) and sheared the vertical struts on one side. Not a bad term report I guess but should be better non the less.

Phew - for a nasty moment there I thought you were going to report it had run out of wine..... thank goodness it was only the tap. ;)

Young man!

When I go away, especially with No 2 Sister, the place is like a mobile branch of Majestic :shocked

1/ the transformer behind the interior panels unstuck itself from the side of the van & rattled going around corners

2/ rattling windscreen wiper mechanism bouncing against bulkhead behind the vents at bottom of windscreen

both drove me nuts, but were easy fixes. van has been otherwise perfect since, though the lights are still rubbish :headbang

1 day old and the cutlery tray filled with water when I was sanitising and flushing the fresh water tank before first use. I had hoped it was an unexpected dishwashing function but it stopped when I reseated the upper end of the pipe and tightened the jubilee clip.

It’s doing 800 miles with a trailer behind today and tomorrow: that will test it.

Update to the poorly fitted rear door card:
Long story short. Llandudno Junction VW did some temporary riveting and said they would order a replacement. Mechanic left so nothing ordered. Reorsered but nothing came to fruition! Spoke to the manager and card was sorted within a week. I am thinking that good VW mechanics are in short supply in the VW commercial network if Llandudno Junction anything to go by as was told that only one commercial mechanic available.
Is your rear door card coming awst? If do, where?
Mine's been fixed twice. One side ok now, but the other side keeps doing it...

51F1596D-53DC-436E-B96A-8861FD133EC9.jpeg This bit waa not secured on BOTH sides. Seems good at the moment as replaced whole bottom card including the zip box for the chairs

Not a huge list.....so far

- Passenger Side pop top hydraulic arm failed leading to wonky roof. Finally replaced by dealer (plus follow up to tidy the mess they left.)

- Dealer fitted clip in window deflector on passenger side buzzing/rattling at speed, Refitted twice and eventually replaced . However issue returned and eventually fell out at speed whilst driving. Replaced with stick on under warranty.

- Front rotating seats catching bolts on base when rotating. First dealer blamed seat covers and would not replace even after explaining the seat cover were a recent addition after the issue started. Second dealer has now replaced after the passenger side trim fell apart. But still blamed the seat covers and partially removed them.

These are issues for my next trip to dealer...

- Wardrobe light switch not turning off when closed

@altvic yes, exactly the same for us. I can push it back, it snaps into place, but two or three bit uses later, it's off again.

Back