Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How do you mark your spot?

Larkrise

Larkrise

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
When we are touring and decide to stay some where for a few days then we tend to get a bit attached to our spot. When we camped the tent established our presence, but in the van we drive off for the day and sometimes leave no trace. So how do others 'keep their place'?

I have a spare numberplate fixed to o small camera tripod that I leave on the pitch :thumb

Forgot to mention its folds flat under the rear mattress :thumb

Made a few of these up over the past couple of years... Holds the spot nicely, attached to a large tent peg.

Also a little different from the standard Caravan Club - Motorhome Occupying the Pitch signs.

Just a little more Cali specific ;)

[album]985[/album]

That and when we are abroad we sometimes have a very small (£15) pop up tent that we use for storage... Useful for holding spots too.

Rgds
M

SimplyDubs said:
Made a few of these up over the past couple of years... Holds the spot nicely, attached to a large tent peg.

Also a little different from the standard Caravan Club - Motorhome Occupying the Pitch signs.

Just a little more Cali specific ;)

[album]985[/album]

That and when we are abroad we sometimes have a very small (£15) pop up tent that we use for storage... Useful for holding spots too.

Rgds
M

Hi if you decide to make some of the signs I would gladly purchase one I have a numberplate one at the moment but yours looks really good.

Gary & Heather

We use a pop tent to stash our kit - works well as a marker!

We have our old Force Tens so guess we could use one of those for the stuff that doesn't need to go out with the van for the day. We are still undecided about awnings..obviously a drive-away would sort the issue.

I use a pop up tent also. Use the tent as storage space for sportsgear(paraglider and bike) at night.

Ulrik

Most sites I have been to give a "pitch in use" sign out to campervans

Massive oil leak usually.

Back