Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How long do owners keep their Calis for ?

2012 VW California SE, > 22k km keeping it, until a usable electric ie. id-California or just legal reasons …

Petrol/Diesel/Hybrid?
Probably Petrol.
Unless they change anything, but the Hybrid had only 30 miles range so that on many of my trips I would be carting a heavy , empty battery around.
If it was self charging - maybe.

Bought ours new with my early retirement lump sum 14 years ago, now done just under 100,000 miles. It’s let us down just the once when we were on hols in southern France a couple of years ago, but even then, our breakdown meant we had to camp, waiting for a part to be delivered to the garage, in a beautiful town!( Figeac)

We‘ll likely be keeping it until I can no longer climb upstairs, so,hopefully another 10 years.

I bought our 2008 in 2009 and can't see me getting a new one. Where we live there are 2 T25s so I am waiting for ours to become classic. I'm also hoping that when they get around to banning diesels altogether (or charging you £100 a day to drive it) older camper vans will be treated sympathetically like classic cars are now - so I think the older the van the better.... ....in 2030 mine will be 22yrs old.

Had ours 8 of its 12 year life. Keep thinking about changing ……… then I think, why? If we do change in the future I’m considering keeping this for my offspring - both who love camping but just not in a position to fork out money on a tidy one yet.

Ah, new Cali on the horizon, nice. Plug-in Hybrid I expect?
Thought long and hard. Self charging hybrid - Yes. But I dont think that’s what is on offer and seeing as I do a lot of long distance trips then I don’t see the point of lugging around an empty battery. I favour petrol at present. We’ll see what’s on actual offer.

Back