Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How to locate roof drain hoses?

S

Simon_vanlife

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
So the rear right drain hose seems to be disconnected inside the pillar. I've tried to locate where and how to re-fit it so make sure the roof drain works as it should, but so far without any luck!
Anyone got a clear picture that shows where the different drains are located and how to re-fit the hoses?? Thanks!

i think it runs out at the top of the tailgate. open up and theres a grommet with a hole in it. that is the drain

One for the T5 section methinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put up the roof. Pull out the bung on the rear side of the panel. If the hose is still attached to this end all good. If you put a knitting needle Through the other bung (at the back end of the roof gutters) you can thread it back in that way. If the connecting hose is missing a bit of water inlet hose for a washing machine is the right bore or you get a vw replacement.

See post 16 here for a picture. https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/cali-technical-tips-tricks.9457/

And post 5 for an exploded view.

As the Q comes from a T4 owner (so it seems looking at previous posts) it may be that threre’s confusion...
Does a T4 have roof drains when the top is open ? I should think so ?

As the Q comes from a T4 owner (so it seems looking at previous posts) it may be that threre’s confusion...
Does a T4 have roof drains when the top is open ? I should think so ?
Correct, I'm a T4 owner why this is posted in T4 technical forum.. :)

Put up the roof. Pull out the bung on the rear side of the panel. If the hose is still attached to this end all good. If you put a knitting needle Through the other bung (at the back end of the roof gutters) you can thread it back in that way. If the connecting hose is missing a bit of water inlet hose for a washing machine is the right bore or you get a vw replacement.

See post 16 here for a picture. https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/cali-technical-tips-tricks.9457/

And post 5 for an exploded view.
Pictures are a T5, no? Mine is a T4.. :) I'm holding the hose in my hand so I'm pretty sure its disconnected.. ;) Just seems like everything is hard-sealed around the roof. No seals to "pop off", making the re-connection of the hose questionable?

Roof drain hose? New one on me...
The actual hose exits the rear right pillar next to the fresh water tank and (should) runs down trough the floor here as well..

This is as close to an actual diagram as I can get..?43332

Back