Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I don't 'Get' the Beach. Tell me what I'm missing

This is now getting increasingly silly, again.

Can we just agree the Beach is a Sharan in disguise as well as a SE/Ocean being a Hymer in disguise.

Who cares and WG makes a valid point however we all have what we have cause its OUR choice. If we were all the same it would be boring and we wouldn't need a forum we could just read a spec sheet for advice.

Just my opinion, again :)

All Beaches, Oceans and SE that I have tried (from the VW commercial 2nd hand site) come up as M1 on the DVLA vehicle information website. Try your own:

https://www.gov.uk/get-vehicle-information-from-dvla

Yes all Beaches should be M1 same as SE.
DVLA has classified the Beach as Body Type Motor caravan and as such satisfies there own criteria by doing so.
Lets face it, they cant classify it as car or MPV. How many cars do you know with a popup roof:talktothehand

So no need to worry peeps, all is above board:bananadance:thumb:cool:

I've taken the below from the DVLA website. It refers to converted vehicle but I am assuming that the same rules apply regardless of whether the campervan is factory built or a conversion. .

This is your error. You presume the same rules apply to new and converted.
These rules are for conversion purposes:thumb

This is your error. You presume the same rules apply to new and converted.
These rules are for conversion purposes:thumb
Soulstyledevon. I presumed nothing. In the second sentence of my response I added that I may be wrong. Seems odd that a factory build regs are not the same as a self build but I am happy to be wrong on this point

Welshgas you're quoting self build regs, not the same for a factory build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know - but if a Self Build has to have fixed kitchen equipment etc: to be approved as a Motor caravan/Home/Campervan how does the Beach qualify?
If I were the owner of a Conversion - disallowed by DVLA to have the Body Type changed, then I think I would be inclined to take Legal Advice against DVLA for operating Double Standards.
I don't care what the Beach is called, I know what it is and what I wanted to buy and use myself.

Sorry, but I don't follow your logic. The fact that the Glastonbury Festival staff do not carry out the required checks according to their published T & C's and your friend gets in doesn't mean his vehicle can be classed as a Campervan.
Many people travel Ferries or the Euroshuttle in their SE/Ocean as a " Large Car " so does that mean they drive a car?:thumb

I think most people who saw this his van that has a bed in it would call it a campervan. It doesn't have a sink or a kitchen.

Therefore a Beach is also a modern day campervan in my opinion and the people that let him into Glasto each year must think so too.

image.jpeg

Guys, I'm getting the feeling we're trying to score against one another? I may be wrong, in which case please aim you arrows at me and not each other. I've got a hard shell after 30 odd years as an engineer in nuclear / oil&gas. The world is such a better place when we take a breath before pushing reply...

I think most people who saw this his van that has a bed in it would call it a campervan. It doesn't have a sink or a kitchen.

Therefore a Beach is also a modern day campervan in my opinion and the people that let him into Glasto each year must think so too.

View attachment 12582
Only because it's a cutesy VW, if it was a Transit with windows and a rock n' roll bed I'm sure people would say different.

Only because it's a cutesy VW, if it was a Transit with windows and a rock n' roll bed I'm sure people would say different.
So you agree @larrylamb its a campervan then ;) (only pulling your leg)

One day our T5/6's etc will be looked back as being cute too I suspect when everyone is being driven in driverless vans and there's no fun left in the world.

Hey Ho. Enjoy the vans we have for whatever we do in them. I'm off outside now to try and stop the under seat drawer rattling :rolleyes:

Managed to win 2 Kampa Quarter masters on eBay for £40 the pair, including the drawers. Should tide met over for the summer until I get something more permanent.

Back