Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach 180 DSG

Countryoak

Countryoak

VIP Member
Hi

Much as I love our Olympian Blue Beach which we bought earlier in the year, I recently had the opportunity to drive a 180 DSG SE, I found this lovely to drive being automatic so much easier for me. I have never drove an auto before.
The thing is I don't think they do this configuration in the Beach model and I don't really want to transport all the cooker and sink Etc... a SE has as it takes up to much room, does anyone know if they do?

:help :thanks

My 2013 brochure shows no beach models with DSG.

However I just had a look at the latest price on line and it shows "2.0TDI 140PS DSG BMT"

So you can get a 140PS Beach with DSG - as you have spotted the beach will be loads lighter than the SE, so a 140 beach DSG should feel pretty similar to a 180 DSG SE.

Of course as they are so new they might be hard to find second hand.

We have the 180 DSG SE and love it, but as you will see from other threads on this forum the opinion is split.

T

Yes, the weight makes a huge difference.

We had a loan Caravelle DSG and you could definitely feel the missing ~250KG weight from our California.

shambly said:
Yes, the weight makes a huge difference.

We had a loan Caravelle DSG and you could definitely feel the missing ~250KG weight from our California.

Exactly the same, I had a caravelle 180 DSG on Monday while mine was in the dealers. It felt very different to mine and I think that was the missing weight. It also had a delay on the pull away which mine doesn't. Still a nice motor though

We have the 140 Beach DSG in Olympian Blue - waited to buy our Beach until we could get the DSG and it's lovely!!! We got an ex demo back in August and haven't regretted it at all!

That's really good to know, we are going to look at swapping ours for DSG after Christmas.
:hello

Back