Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ID Buzz

It was definitely a heart over head decision.
The whole Buzz project has fascinated me since I found a die cast model of the 2001 VW Microbus in the grandchildrens toy box. Then when I saw a video on YouTube of the design project being driven in California. I said, got to have one of those when they become available
I will confess there is also an element of head included in the decision to place an order for the Buzz. I think the residuals could match or even out preform the Cali. After all, it now being quoted an 18 month wait for a two-tone.
Oh your question. Definitely Retro over EV.
I'm going to sit on the fence for a few years yet and watch others experiences

Not an electric fence I hope!

I can’t lie, I’m losing interest in this vehicle. Especially as I still don’t have a build date. Might just look at some other practical family vehicles.

I can’t lie, I’m losing interest in this vehicle. Especially as I still don’t have a build date. Might just look at some other practical family vehicles.
Beware of the price variation clause trap also,
VW are now applying this, so if there has been several price increases since you ordered, the deal you thought you had done to secure the van at an agreed cost will be put into the bin and a new one drawn up on the basis of the new Retail price when the vehicle lands at the dealer !

heads they win, tales you loose.

Beware of the price variation clause trap also,
VW are now applying this, so if there has been several price increases since you ordered, the deal you thought you had done to secure the van at an agreed cost will be put into the bin and a new one drawn up on the basis of the new Retail price when the vehicle lands at the dealer !

heads they win, tales you loose.

It’s obscenely expensive as it stands.
Used 911 prices are softening and looking very tempting at the minute.
I know, totally different animals. But I’ve been using my current car quite a bit lately and sort of forgot how good they’re …

Here’s some real world range testing.
Hmmm…

Total rubbish! Unless you always charge it at home and don't go far away from your house. Good for daily shopping errands.
Otherwise it costs to run more than a much bigger diesel Cali loaded with plenty of camping gear, it has a/fourth of the range, it takes way longer to charge than a 3min for 70 L of diesel including paying and while you park, connect cable, faff with the machine, you are under the rain. Also the proportion of normal chargers vs Teslas as shown in the video should definitely make somebody consider how long the queue will be when we all get electric. The days before last Christmas this became evident.
No, not sold on electric cars yet!

The Buzz is also on the fringe of used (new shape) Defenders too. I have a real hankering to own one for a bit…

Total rubbish! Unless you always charge it at home and don't go far away from your house. Good for daily shopping errands.
Otherwise it costs to run more than a much bigger diesel Cali loaded with plenty of camping gear, it has a/fourth of the range, it takes way longer to charge than a 3min for 70 L of diesel including paying and while you park, connect cable, faff with the machine, you are under the rain. Also the proportion of normal chargers vs Teslas as shown in the video should definitely make somebody consider how long the queue will be when we all get electric. The days before last Christmas this became evident.
No, not sold on electric cars yet!

Give it a chance.
I’m still convinced for the majority of people. EV makes more sense. Especially for those who drive low miles and around town.
The infrastructure is coming, but it’s going to take time.

Don’t forget to leave some lecky for the heat pump the government plan to force on us.

Don’t forget to leave some lecky for the heat pump the government plan to force on us.

Might be worth sticking a couple of boxed condensers in the loft…..

Interesting. She's good at maffs ;)
Bjorn Nyland is an experienced tester and his findings were somewhat different. A lot of negativity as we are Transporter lovers but it may be our future like it or not. I have been told batteries need cycles before efficiency is reached so jury is out.

I can't lie also, I'm losing interest in this vehicle. Especially after seeing a single tone dark blue Buzz, with black dash, at the Watford Citygate dealer. It looked horrible, a dull van with a funny front.
But it's too late to lose faith. She is due to be delivered next Friday. She's going to look beautiful in her two-tone yellow and white body and white interior. She's going to be reliable, she's got VW as her birth parents after all, and she's not going to induce range anxiety to her new family.
Just notice next Friday is Friday 13th, silly superstitions.

Friday

With all the hype I went to view a Buzz 2 days ago. I would have no use for a Buzz. Not impressed overall, low range and cab set up. The drive is ok but there are better. Probably ok for an "in town" working van but IMO nothing else. My T6 is by far a more usable vehicle.

I can't lie also, I'm losing interest in this vehicle. Especially after seeing a single tone dark blue Buzz, with black dash, at the Watford Citygate dealer. It looked horrible, a dull van with a funny front.
But it's too late to lose faith. She is due to be delivered next Friday. She's going to look beautiful in her two-tone yellow and white body and white interior. She's going to be reliable, she's got VW as her birth parents after all, and she's not going to induce range anxiety to her new family.

Friday
It will be very interesting to learn about your first impressions when you pick it up.

@soulstyledevon if looking for a nice and spacious family vehicle, the new Multivan looks impressive:

Comes in diesel, petrol or hybrid. Short or long wheelbase options too.

@soulstyledevon if looking for a nice and spacious family vehicle, the new Multivan looks impressive:

I agree, looks a good practical vehicle, already available with seven seats. Really liked the two-tone, silver and orange. One of the tests on YouTube said that the petrol was a much better drive than the hybrid. But I've got sucked in by the hype, so a Buzz it is.

Looks very sensible. But my god is it ugly…!!!
I’m thinking, perhaps a 911 GTS could be a fairly practical family mover. It has 4 seats…;)

Looks very sensible. But my god is it ugly…!!!
I’m thinking, perhaps a 911 GTS could be a fairly practical family mover. It has 4 seats…;)
Not only that but its built on the car MBQ platform with the same faux 'transporter' front end that was similarly used for the Buzz. Certainly has been hit with the ugly stick.... multiple times. The dark single colours do them no favours. VW need to try harder.

Friday
Same as the one I looked at, I was going to return and test drive it, but I couldn’t be bothered, totally underwhelming vehicle for me.

THERE WILL BE AN ID BUZZ CALIFORNIA !
Kia Gruenitz VW R&D boss said" There will be a campervan version. The first concept is being worked on." Due to be introduced in 2025.

Will the long wheel base version have a greater payload? The limited max carrying capacity may be an issue. Good news though.

Will the long wheel base version have a greater payload? The limited max carrying capacity may be an issue. Good news though.
Will certainly restrict options. I feel this might be a prime candidate for a Caddy Cali like makeover.

Back