Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ID Buzz

I do like the Buzz but range is poor. That combined with the awful infotainment system and current financial state of the U.K. … I’m not surprised they are not selling.

What’s happening with the ID Buzz these days. Anyone tried to order one…?

Considering the long wait times last year, and the over-inflated pricing. There seems to be quite a bit of stock showing on VW used. Some vans, well below the £66k original guide price…

Have Volkswagen made an almighty error with Buzz pricing? Plus news this week, they’re scaling back EV production over the summer due to customer reluctance to EV purchases…?

I think the Buzz (scuse the pun) is wearing off. The Beetle 2.0 suffered a similar fate. Once the practical realities become apparent, the 'cuteness' will become a secondary consideration in the purchase decision making process. I doubt the Buzz will become a future classic.

What’s happening with the ID Buzz these days. Anyone tried to order one…?

Considering the long wait times last year, and the over-inflated pricing. There seems to be quite a bit of stock showing on VW used. Some vans, well below the £66k original guide price…

Have Volkswagen made an almighty error with Buzz pricing? Plus news this week, they’re scaling back EV production over the summer due to customer reluctance to EV purchases…?

Yes. I paid 29k for the ID3 First Edition in Dec 2020 so please someone tell me how the ID Buzz is £66k

Yes. I paid 29k for the ID3 First Edition in Dec 2020 so please someone tell me how the ID Buzz is £66k

That’s it problem, price.
I’m sure I could live with one 90% of the time.
I ended up with a used 3 series touring which does pretty much all what the Buzz does, but at a fraction of the cost and it’s a really solid allround motor.

I’m gonna watch the price of the Buzz. If they get silly in two year’s time, I might consider a used one.

Hence I have a 10yr Volvo XC70. (and the BMW X545e)

I had time to look at the ID Buzz whilst waiting for the part guy at Breeze yesterday. Lots of time. Ended up with no parts and now no future consideration to buy another VW.

Kia EV9 has been suggested to me as a replacement for the Volvo. Probably better value as a second hand buy / nearly new. But far better priced than the ID Buzz

Friend of mine has the EV6. Finished in a Matt grey/silver. It’s a really nice car and he’s loved it so far.

Friend of mine has the EV6. Finished in a Matt grey/silver. It’s a really nice car and he’s loved it so far.
Andrew Ditton loves his and uses it to pull a caravan. With V2L capability he uses it to power the caravan when parked up.

VW Buzz is far to expensive versus other 5 seat EV’s. Looks will only get it so far. I don’t think demand for EV’s has dropped as more and more cars in front of ours now seem to be missing an exhaust pipe.

There is a lot more choice now, and designs have been improved so that EV’s no longer look like an electric car!. The in-laws Motability RAV4 hybrid is up for renewal, so they have ordered one of the new Jeep Avenger EV (2wd, so not really a ‘jeep’!).

Tesla will launch a Model 2 soon (£22-30k) . Also talk of them releasing a van. They have now opened up charging network to all, and installed a lot more chargers..which has created its own problems as chargers for some cars are in a different position on the car, and the fixed cable is very short.

Yes. We seem to be a soft touch here with PCP and a must have attitude

I was going to buy a Citreon AMI just for nipping to work and back. Price came out £2k above what it was being touted at. So I cancelled. Not because I couldnt afford it (far from it)

Had a call a few weeks ago to find out why I cancelled and the questions were all linked around price with the caller agreeing with me.

Yes. We seem to be a soft touch here with PCP and a must have attitude

I was going to buy a Citreon AMI just for nipping to work and back. Price came out £2k above what it was being touted at. So I cancelled. Not because I couldnt afford it (far from it)

Had a call a few weeks ago to find out why I cancelled and the questions were all linked around price with the caller agreeing with me.
What were the add-ons that increased the final price?

None. After being touted at 5.5 to 6k they decided that it would finally go to market at £7.6 and £8.1k.

Still they sold 315 in 2022

I bought a black one. Quit satisfied. Still had no time to make it a camper. But these made a clever lay-out with double-sided kitchen, toilet, foldable integrated picnic table, and lounge chairs included. 5 passengers possible soon. Incl raised roof, solar,... :

View attachment Keuken met inductiekoken in camper eVentje s.jpgView attachment Lounge in kampeerbus eVentje s.jpgView attachment Slapen in camperbus eVentje s.jpgView attachment Vierzits in kampeerauto eVentje .jpg
View attachment Elektrische camperbus eVentje s.jpg

But do count a 100K€....
Anyone has experience with the classic T6 'Ventje' (rattling)?

I bought a black one. Quit satisfied. Still had no time to make it a camper. But these made a clever lay-out with double-sided kitchen, toilet, foldable integrated picnic table, and lounge chairs included. 5 passengers possible soon. Incl raised roof, solar,... :

View attachment 110975View attachment 110976View attachment 110977View attachment 110978
View attachment 110974

But do count a 100K€....
100K for that? Yeah, no. And what is up with the crinkly, lumpy side panels. Looks very amateurish.

The did get a Red Dot Award in '21, also for their sustainable material use,...
But then again, the proof is in the driving...

Sustainability is one thing but practicality for its intended purpose is something else. Not to mention the fit and finish of the final product. It looks like they got their inspiration from a T2 Cali interior.

Check out this guys Golden Buzz…
It looks pretty good in the flesh too

IMG_8149.jpegIMG_8148.jpegIMG_8146.jpeg

None. After being touted at 5.5 to 6k they decided that it would finally go to market at £7.6 and £8.1k.

Still they sold 315 in 2022
Lots of dealers are doing that with the Suzuki jimny too. I nearly didn’t buy one then phoned local dealer and he was getting just one and selling at book price (got a few gifts for free £250 worth and a tank of fuel).
Worth phoning around as there are still some nice not greedy dealers out there.

Just realized that the conversion rate for Citroen is really pretty bad. Citroen had 1400+ paid deposits but priced this wrong. I've seen two in 9 months, but considering I'm in an urban location 24/7 that's a low figure.

The Jimny is a great car. Hence I understand the demand. On a similar note I couldnt believe the price of the Skoda Enyaq (mailshot to me). Tough sell at that price and plenty on the forecourt for a 1yr+ and 15k+ discount.

That’s it problem, price.
I’m sure I could live with one 90% of the time.
I ended up with a used 3 series touring which does pretty much all what the Buzz does, but at a fraction of the cost and it’s a really solid allround motor.

I’m gonna watch the price of the Buzz. If they get silly in two year’s time, I might consider a used one.
Will the prices get silly?
I really loved our Buzz and am missing it, but it was bought with the intention of only keeping for a short time, then selling it for a profit as demand rapidly outstripped supply. Wrong!
I kept to the intended three month ownership, then sold suffering £895 deprecation. Not bad imo, but I had turned down a £2000 profit when we first took delivery, as it was one of the very first in the UK. There are now quite a few for sale with minimal mileage, which are just not selling, despite a supposed 12/18 lead time on new orders for two-tones.
With the current slide in VW EV sales, you might not have to wait long for the prices to drop significantly and become more reasonable, if not silly.

View attachment 110975View attachment 110976View attachment 110977View attachment 110978
View attachment 110974

But do count a 100K€....
Yet still you cant have either ventilation or heating on when your not driving. What a joke, clearly tells us VW dont know what it is doing playing catch up to tesla in trying to remove all physical buttons inside. They have at least back tracked on the buttons on the steering wheel for new models. To me VW is lost handing over the van buisness to Ford.

Back