Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

** Important News: New Vehicle Registrations on Hold

@itguy How much patience is left in the tank? Hope you can enjoy the loan Ocean.

@Properjob Are you anywhere nearer to knowing anything about your own van? Still got your loan van?
No more knowledge here... But we have the loan van and are currently sleeping in it for a few nights in Somerset... So can't complain!

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

No change. My vehicle is still in Germany.

VW are still waiting for sign off from the KBA.

It looks like we'll have to wait a little longer.

As an aside, does anyone know how long the delivery process from factory to dealer is? Roughly. Are we talking days or weeks?

No change. My vehicle is still in Germany.

VW are still waiting for sign off from the KBA.

It looks like we'll have to wait a little longer.

As an aside, does anyone know how long the delivery process from factory to dealer is? Roughly. Are we talking days or weeks?
Jay told me it's usually 3-4 weeks.... But who knows with the backlog?!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Jay told me it's usually 3-4 weeks.... But who knows with the backlog?!

I hope the backlog is factored in to the additional 2 weeks you've been quoted.

I've been mulling over the offer of a courtesy vehicle as I've not taken them up on the offer to date. The hassle of insurance and inevitable weasle T&Cs puts me off a bit.

I appreciate some people will have had no choice but to take them up on the offer and accept whatever conditions are presented, but I do wonder if they'll offer me something else by way of a sweetener if this drags on much longer.

I had a market researcher phone me up after a few calls with VWCS and he asked if I'd been offered a discount... I haven't yet but await their call.

A few upgrades wouldn't hurt though.

But we have the loan van and are currently sleeping in it for a few nights in Somerset... So can't complain!
Good news - I hope it is all working out well. If will be just that bit better when you are in your own van. Not long now hopefully.

As an aside, does anyone know how long the delivery process from factory to dealer is?
We have a selection of Hyper Stalking experts in the forum who graduated late last year. They, (+me) will no doubt be chomping at the bit to watch you track your pride and joy all the way from the Factory to your driveway/garage. Like @Loz says, expect a good 2 weeks, maybe nearer 3.

But who knows with the backlog?!
Positive thinking suggests to me that although the shipping bit will probably take as long as it normally does, by the time your vans get to your dealers there should be no 'backlog' at the dealer, as surely they've been twiddling their thumbs with nothing to do since mid Dec'17!!! Pre-delivery checks should be done to your schedule with any luck. This assumes of course that all of the other Emissions Gate2 victims are not all using the same dealer.

Oh I wouldn't bet on no backlog at dealers, when we popped in to Northampton the other day the car park was stuffed full of Cali's, Caravelles and shuttles with the transport film still on. Line after line of them...

Good news - I hope it is all working out well. If will be just that bit better when you are in your own van. Not long now hopefully.

We have a selection of Hyper Stalking experts in the forum who graduated late last year. They, (+me) will no doubt be chomping at the bit to watch you track your pride and joy all the way from the Factory to your driveway/garage. Like @Loz says, expect a good 2 weeks, maybe nearer 3.

Positive thinking suggests to me that although the shipping bit will probably take as long as it normally does, by the time your vans get to your dealers there should be no 'backlog' at the dealer, as surely they've been twiddling their thumbs with nothing to do since mid Dec'17!!! Pre-delivery checks should be done to your schedule with any luck. This assumes of course that all of the other Emissions Gate2 victims are not all using the same dealer.
For anyone interested...got a call from our VW Dealer General Manager today. Our new Cali Ocean 150 Diesel DSG (currently at the dealer) waiting for us to pick up on 1 Mar, has now been stopped from being registered. Despite being told only 2 weeks ago that everything was fine and our vehicle was not affected, it would appear that VW HQ have now stopped ALL new California's from being registered until further notice. This vehicle has been in storage with VW UK, as it was delivered in only 2 months, despite us being told it would be approx 5-6 months (from Sep 17 when we ordered). Been told it is not an emissions issue. Any ideas what is wrong with it, or is it just caught up in the General mess that is on-going?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I suppose when the green light is given to register the vans the ones that are caught at the dealer will clear prior to the circa 3 weeks it will take the ones stuck at the factory to arrive. So it should if anything be a quicker process than normal...wishful thinking?

I ordered a new golf gti at the weekend, I have a sneaky feeling I will see the golf first!

Oh I wouldn't bet on no backlog at dealers
Ah yes, oops I overlooked all of the built vans already delivered to dealers. I was trying to find a bit of positive spin for expectant owners.

Sorry, shouldn't be negative, you're right, it is important to stay positive.

Well hopefully the Q5 will be gone tomorrow or Saturday and we will get the loan Cali. Interestingly they said they (capital hire, london) are waiting on a load of them from VW to be delivered, due tomorrow. I can only imagine these are going to be petrols... unless they are all pre-regs?

I note the Cali Diesel options have not yet returned to the VW Configurator. You would think if the "simple fix" was only days away from being given the all clear by the emissions test house (i.e. Cali's compliant with the real world emissions test) then VW would have them back in the configurator by now. Unless of course VW are not confident that will be the case.

I don't believe we are in sight of this issue being resolved any time soon. I hope I am proved wrong!

Dear All
Apparently the problem is due to excessive emissions during the cleaning/regeneration cycle of the DPF.
A software fix is required to reduce the NOX during this phase and vehicles on hold will be released once the authorities approve of the fix. Expected in the coming days....
So as it’s being fixed to keep the emissions within the stated figures I don’t believe VED will be changing.
We can’t wait for the Cali to arrive... Exciting times ahead. Woo!
:bananadance2

Sorry.
But this does fill me with worry. Knowing Volkswagens past records and having experience of their exceptional build quality:rolleyes:
I hate to think what long term affects it will have on dpf/egr and possibly turbos and the overall reliability of said parts.
If it was a simple fix, why are we still seeing massive delays...???

My feeling is, these latest engines from Volkswagen are not good.
Then again. They fitted 2 ton vans with four cylinder engines, again IMO not a smart move.

If this is the case why would the power of the 204 have been reduced. It’s all rumours & no facts.

Beginning to loose confidence in my decision to buy VW & keep long term.

If this is the case why would the power of the 204 have been reduced. It’s all rumours & no facts.

Beginning to loose confidence in my decision to buy VW & keep long term.
it has been reduced for MY19.. the 150KW becomes 146KW
upload_2018-2-16_9-14-24.png

Attachments

• T61.pdf
    167.8 KB · Views: 21
Doom and gloom yet again. As far as my experience with the 150 (110kw)our 2 vehicles run like sweeties and have more than enough power. The truth will come out maybe but all manufacturers have failed the real world testing. Until the German approval authority signs off we should not despair or make predictions. My cup is never half empty :)

Well the swap over from the loan petrol Q5 to the Cali is confirmed for tomorrow. It’s a 204 TSI DSG that we’re getting, brand new apparently.

Presumably vw kept up production of the tsi models to supply the demo and loan fleet.

He's a spy :bananadance2:bananadance2:Iamsorry only joking just trying to lighten the mood.
A pre purchase spy, checking if everybody is genuine
Only kidding. I like all the info, some good technical stuff comes through so wondered if he worked for VW.

After circa two months of my vehicle being sat in the dealers, my patience are really starting to wear thin with the entire issue. Like many I was informed that a mid Feb solution would be likely. I decide to ring Jay for an update and he informed me that VW are still waiting on information from KRB as to whether the patch/update is suitable and this may take another week......ish.

I also asked if there was going to be any compensation offered by VW. There will be NO compensation offered to anyone wrapped up in the saga. Apparently, that decision was made at director level.

I’ll give it until the end of next week to see if there is a solution. If not, I think my patience would’ve ran out.

Hang in there...
As frustrating as this is (and I can't pretend I'd feel any different than you), you've done the hard bit.
And if this is truly down to the KRB being the hold up it's not only your dealer that can't influence anything it's VW themselves. And who knows why that may be?? purely speculative thoughts from me are that they have to consider the issue and it's fix across the whole industry which is way bigger than VW.
As for compensation, way more difficult. If they can't supply what has been ordered by customers something will have to happen for them to keep the business. As for those delayed only....not such a strong case.

Agreed - hang in there. You should ring Jay and have a chat with him about an imminent camping trip you have booked. VWCS/Jay has been excellent with us as we sold our car a lot quicker than we were expecting to (we put it up for sale assuming 1st week in March delivery as per our initial conversation with Jay) and it sold on the first day it was up. That left us without a car and by 2pm on the day I rang Jay to ask about a loan car we had a Q5 on the drive (Monday) with a promise to swap it for a Cali by the weekend.

Today a brand new T6 Ocean 204 Tsi DSG arrived and we are now sitting on a local campsite happy as Larry.

If you are being inconvenienced then I do believe vwcs is trying it’s best to accommodate. There has been no end date specified for this loan Cali other than when our van arrives. We can at least now get on with planning our future trips properly now as we’ll either be in this or our own van.

Just try vwcs..

You
Agreed - hang in there. You should ring Jay and have a chat with him about an imminent camping trip you have booked. VWCS/Jay has been excellent with us as we sold our car a lot quicker than we were expecting to (we put it up for sale assuming 1st week in March delivery as per our initial conversation with Jay) and it sold on the first day it was up. That left us without a car and by 2pm on the day I rang Jay to ask about a loan car we had a Q5 on the drive (Monday) with a promise to swap it for a Cali by the weekend.

Today a brand new T6 Ocean 204 Tsi DSG arrived and we are now sitting on a local campsite happy as Larry.

If you are being inconvenienced then I do believe vwcs is trying it’s best to accommodate. There has been no end date specified for this loan Cali other than when our van arrives. We can at least now get on with planning our future trips properly now as we’ll either be in this or our own van.

Just try vwcs..
You can´t beat service like that. :thumb

Back