Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

** Important News: New Vehicle Registrations on Hold

Quick update

Got an email from our dealer today (West Yorkshire) saying that some wheelchair conversion T6s have been approved for registration now.

He also said:

“Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles continues to work with the relevant authorities in relation to this issue . We still expect that the delivery for other vehicles will be able to take place from approx. mid-February 2018 onwards”

So not really new news apart from some of the wheelchair T6 registrations...

Quick update

Got an email from our dealer today (West Yorkshire) saying that some wheelchair conversion T6s have been approved for registration now.

He also said:

“Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles continues to work with the relevant authorities in relation to this issue . We still expect that the delivery for other vehicles will be able to take place from approx. mid-February 2018 onwards”

So not really new news apart from some of the wheelchair T6 registrations...

Are they conversions of T6 Transporters or Californias?

It looks like the vultures(ahem lawyers) are starting to circle.

https://www.anwalt.de/rechtstipps/v...talysator-und-steuerungsaustausch_124803.html

Roughly translated (using Google pigeon)

So compensation is in the room, especially since the T6 was not ordered in the hopefully soon to be delivered form. Dr. Hartung: "There were test reports, empirical values, performance analyzes, fuel consumption forecasts, test drives and expert appraisals, which were used for the purchase decision. Now the car is turned more or less upside down and the customers do not know what to expect. One can be taken for granted: the resale value drops."

What do politicians and lawyers have in common? Self interest comes to mind.

Really, we are in a waiting game and VW Germany have been a big let down in telling us what went wrong and the fix. Until then we are in the dark.

What do politicians and lawyers have in common? Self interest comes to mind.

Really, we are in a waiting game and VW Germany have been a big let down in telling us what went wrong and the fix. Until then we are in the dark.

And now according to that previous post from the pxssed up pigeon, when they do start coming through they will depreciate more come resale ???
I doubt it....

Today I received an email from my dealer "
yes was getting a bit more info from VW before I emailed you and others . They have released vehicles for Wheel chair adapted vehicles to be taxed ( under certain conditions ). VW have issued this statement , see below.

“ Vokswagen Commercial Vehicles continues to work with the relevant authorities in relation to this issue . We still expect that the delivery for other vehicles will be able to take place from approx. mid-February 2018 onwards”

Your vehicle had a build week 04 which was late January . So looking at the statement above your vehicle should get released mid to the end of this month apparently. Will be in touch when this happens. Not been able to tell you anything before , it was a lot of hearsay .

Will be in touch when things get released."

Lets hope I will get my new Ocean soon.

. They have released vehicles for Wheel chair adapted vehicles to be taxed ( under certain conditions ).

Presumably because if registered for disabled its tax exempt, therefore the emissions don't come into it when assessing how much tax to pay.

I can't see why if there's any doubt at the moment, the tax could be paid at the higher rate & refunded later if testing proves otherwise.

As an owner of a 2016 T6 Beach 150ps manual I have only briefly glanced at this thread from time to time thinking that it only effected new unregistered vehicles. However, IF VW have discontinued the 150 manual and there now seems to be some doubt as to whether this model will ever be sold again in the future, then there must be something pretty seriously wrong with the current 150 manual set up. Otherwise they would bring out some form of upgrade to solve the issue and then recommence production.

Your post states you where told that, "This vehicle will now never be registered for use and is scheduled to be returned to Germany either for reconfiguration or disposal". Pretty disturbing stuff if true.

So IF true, I am now wondering what VW will have to do about all of the already registered T6 Transporter based passenger carrying vehicles. IF this problem has only just been discovered then it suggests to me that it may have been there since the start of the T6 production run. I am certainly not aware that the T6 150 manual has undergone any udgrades since the beginning of production. VW can't ignore these vehicles because IF the 150ps manual doesn't comply now then surely it didn't from the start of production. IF that's the case then they were misrepresented at point of sale. Therefore they will surely have find a solution. Since the problem appears to be serious enough to warrant the removal of this model from production then a quick fix doesn't sound either likely or possible.

IF I've got the correct measure of this situation then where does this leave current owners of already registered T6 150 ps manual passenger carrying vehicles? A free fitted new replacement dsg gearbox, or a new replacement dsg Beach? I am pretty certain that neither of these options are even remotely likely but surely they will have to do something to rectify this situation? IF I'm right, compensation won't fix the route cause of this issue either.

I know there are no firm facts at present and most of this is speculation but IF what you (Jenko) have been told by VW proves to be true then the whole issue may well have much wider ramifications.
I was thinking the same.but does this now mean my 150ps manual beach iss now worth a fortune ? or sod all?

but does this now mean my 150ps manual beach iss now worth a fortune ? or sod all?

I would lean toward the former.. Even the original dieselgate cars went up in value because they became impossible to replace (at least for a while) in North America.

My understanding is: The Tax increase in April is only applied to new Euro 6 vehicles FAIL to meet the real world emissions tests (RWET).

That is ,they move up a Euro 6 cat tax band if they fail the RWET. So for example VW assert my Cali will emit 185g/km C02 and so this puts me in the first year Tax Band that results in a £800 initial vehicle excise duty.

If the vehicle is registered after the 1st April 2018 and the vehicle PASSED the RTEW its initial tax remains unchanged so it will be still £800.

However, if the vehicle FAILS the RWET and is registered after 1st of April 2018 then your vehicle is taxed at the next Euro 6 polluting band up. So in my example the cost goes up £400, i.e. from £800 to £1200. The fact VW are say they will cover this cost indicates they are expecting to FAIL the RWET.

VW are not doing you any favours they are just ensuring the VW Dealerships will not be in breach of contract given they will have stated the OTR price that assumes it would have passed the RWET.

Under Contract law they can only amend OTR price due to a Change in VAT or due to a change in Euro 6 tax band charges/rules since they entered into a contract. There has been NO change. These tax rules where in place when you entered into a contract (paid a deposit that was accepted by the Dealership).
The only failing is on VW side by not meeting the RWET! Under contract law you are not liable for their FAILING!

There may be further tax and running cost implications for us to 'down the road (excuse the pun) if find ourselves owning vehicles that failed the Euro 6 RWET.

Your delivered vehicle will be a MY18 regardless of the month it is registered.

I love California's, but I cannot say the same of VW given "Dieselgate" and how they responded (or to be more precise) didn't respond to their non North American customers. They are only doing what they have to. We will have to wait and see if they show goodwill to their customers over and above their legal obligations.

Hi blue yonder

Just referring to your 4th paragraph, are you saying that there could be a potential increase in VED for the first year only (which is my understanding) or every year?

Cheers. Phil.

The increase can only be for the 1st year, as all vehicles (except zero emissions etc) are taxed at the flat rate of £140/year irrespective of emissions for subsequent years.

There has to be more to it than this though, otherwise VW could just stump up the extra £400 to the dealer & let everyone have their vans.

Its probably the longterm view, for example say in 6 years time if only Euro 6 compliant vans are allowed in a low emission zone, VW told you your van was euro 6 when it was registered but tests have subsequentaly shown that certification was fraudulent therefore you are not allowed in the zone, there would be a case for compensation from VW.

The increase can only be for the 1st year, as all vehicles (except zero emissions etc) are taxed at the flat rate of £140/year irrespective of emissions for subsequent years.
According to What Car:-
"Vehicle Excise Duty, or road tax, is calculated on a sliding scale according to the vehicles CO2 emissions. Alternatively fuelled cars (hybrids for example) attract a £10 discount on all VED rates. All vehicles that cost more than £40,000 pay an additional £310 tax annually for five years from the second year onwards."

If the California is being classed as a passenger car and rated on it's emissions, then it could be that the additional VED would be payable for the five years.

I'm still struggling with how VW have managed to sell the next generation EU6 Cali/Transporter with all its super " green credentials" for 2 1/2 years before somebody decided it wasn't.
Surely all T6 Cali's that are already on the roads will have to have a fix, this did not work out very well for a lot of Golf/Tiguan owners affected by the last scandal.

"Vehicle Excise Duty, or road tax, is calculated on a sliding scale according to the vehicles CO2 emissions. Alternatively fuelled cars (hybrids for example) attract a £10 discount on all VED rates. All vehicles that cost more than £40,000 pay an additional £310 tax annually for five years from the second year onwards."

If the California is being classed as a passenger car and rated on it's emissions, then it could be that the additional VED would be payable for the five years.
This has been the reality since April 2017, the concern is probably with the change in vehicle taxation included in the 2017 Autumn statement that came out of the blue and will affect all diesel cars from April 2018. This again will affect California's if the real world emissions are not acceptable.

No the sliding scale has been scrapped for the yearly renewals. All vehicles start at £140.00 flat rate. unless zero emission.
Then apply discount of £10 for hybrids. And add the over £40k penalty for 5 years.
The sliding scale is only for initial first years tax.

This Thread is as addictive as the Soaps, and just as informative.
VW have identified an emmisions problem with the T6. It affects the M1 classifed vehicles as their Registration and Road TAX depends on their Emissions Profile, N1 commercial vehicles are taxed differently.
Registration has been halted temporarily and will resume Mid-February once the Emissions fix has been accepted by the Authorities.
I don't see what more VW can say or do. They are not going to give a blow by blow account of what is happening. They have apparently agreed to compensate owners for any increase in VED caused by delayed delivery. They have even given out loan vehicles.

All these theories and comments are getting more and more fanciful and are doing no good to anyone.
Mid February is 5 days away. April 1st is 6 weeks away for the start of any new VED payments.

I don't see what more VW can say or do.
Agreed.

But even the wildest conspiracy theorists would not have guessed that VW would fund an experiment which stuffed monkeys into gas chambers, put on cartoons of Mickey Mouse for them to view while gassing them with fumes from a VW car fitted with a cheat device, rendering any results from the experiment useless. Then, once the flawed experiment was over flog the monkeys to tobacco companies for further use and abuse.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Then fire the guy who didn't do the cover-up adequately...

Once established as being truthful, honest and transparent with the authorities the lying devious bastards will sell vehicles to their customers again.
:D
so that's you off their Christmas card list then!

Hi blue yonder

Just referring to your 4th paragraph, are you saying that there could be a potential increase in VED for the first year only (which is my understanding) or every year?

Cheers. Phil.
Phil

Just the first year.

The first year VED is based on emissions test results and thereafter up to year 6 you pay another premium (£340) on top of the standard road tax (£140) because it is a commercial vehicle costing over £40k.

Blue Yonder

Agreed.

But even the wildest conspiracy theorists would not have guessed that VW would fund an experiment which stuffed monkeys into gas chambers, put on cartoons of Mickey Mouse for them to view while gassing them with fumes from a VW car fitted with a cheat device, rendering any results from the experiment useless. Then, once the flawed experiment was over flog the monkeys to tobacco companies for further use and abuse.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu
Yes, very much like testing Drugs and Vaccines for payment in 3rd world countries without full disclosure.

Also a little disingenuous to just cite VW, especially when it was an EU organisation that commissioned the tests and other Manufacturers were involved.

"
The German scientist behind the controversial experiments on monkeys to test the harmful effects of diesel exhaust fumes says there is no way senior management at the carmakers including BMW, Volkswagen and Daimler did not know about the trials.

Helmut Greim, who chaired the research advisory board of the now-defunct
European Research Group on Environment and Health in the Transport Sector (EUGT) that commissioned the monkey trials, said representatives from all three carmakers met with his team on a quarterly basis to discuss the think tank’s work.

All the carmakers have distanced themselves from the live trials carried out in the U.S. — which included caging 10 monkeys to assess prolonged exposure to emissions — and have sought to place the blame on junior employees. Both Volkswagen and Daimler have also suspended employees with ties to the monkey tests. The idea for the tests, reported last week by the New York Times, was to see if modern diesel engines were cleaner than older engines, and if diesel exhaust was a carcinogenic.

“The bosses of Volkswagen and Daimler Benz and BMW they respond that they don’t know anything about that. That’s not true,” said Greim, an 82-year-old professor at the Technical University of Munich, in an interview with POLITICO. He is also a member of the European Commission’s Scientific Committee on Occupational Exposure Limits "

Phil

Just the first year.

The first year VED is based on emissions test results and thereafter up to year 6 you pay another premium (£340) on top of the standard road tax (£140) because it is a commercial vehicle costing over £40k.

Blue Yonder

Its because its NOT a commercial vehicle that the extra £340 needs paying

Back