Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

** Important News: New Vehicle Registrations on Hold

My September 2017 registered 67 plate is £450 a year.(Diesel Car - 167 G/KM)

This Thread is as addictive as the Soaps, and just as informative.
VW have identified an emmisions problem with the T6. It affects the M1 classifed vehicles as their Registration and Road TAX depends on their Emissions Profile, N1 commercial vehicles are taxed differently.
Registration has been halted temporarily and will resume Mid-February once the Emissions fix has been accepted by the Authorities.
I don't see what more VW can say or do. They are not going to give a blow by blow account of what is happening. They have apparently agreed to compensate owners for any increase in VED caused by delayed delivery. They have even given out loan vehicles.

All these theories and comments are getting more and more fanciful and are doing no good to anyone.
Mid February is 5 days away. April 1st is 6 weeks away for the start of any new VED payments.

Welsh Gas

Most of what I have read ,and certainly what I have posted ,cannot be classed as "conspiracy theories". They are simply statements of what is the most plausible explanation for there actions and the feedback coming from VWCS.

I note in your post you are under the impression the registration will resume mid-February once emissions fix has been accepted. This presumes the fix will be accepted and/or "the fix" is acceptable with regards on the vehicles performance, mpg, and most importantly long term reliability. Should the latter prove to be an issue then this will have a negative impact on the resale value.

I agree we just have to sit tight and wait to see what happens. But retaining a healthy level of scepticism in the meantime is warranted, particularly given VW's recent track record!

Welsh Gas

Most of what I have read ,and certainly what I have posted ,cannot be classed as "conspiracy theories". They are simply statements of what is the most plausible explanation for there actions and the feedback coming from VWCS.

I note in your post you are under the impression the registration will resume mid-February once emissions fix has been accepted. This presumes the fix will be accepted and/or "the fix" is acceptable with regards on the vehicles performance, mpg, and most importantly long term reliability. Should the latter prove to be an issue then this will have a negative impact on the resale value.

I agree we just have to sit tight and wait to see what happens. But retaining a healthy level of scepticism in the meantime is warranted, particularly given VW's recent track record!
But that is what a Conspiracy Theory is in this case. All we have is VW's statement from VW and VWCS UK . and yet there are extrapolations being made regarding possible changes to engine parameters, tax, vehicle values etc: with absolutely no supporting evidence. In 5 days ALL should be made clear if we believe the factual evidence that is available.:thumb

In 5 days ALL should be made clear
Healthy scepticism might just be a valid position going forward.

We'll all be on here in 5 days time WG wagging our fingers and telling you 'I told you so' when VW don't meet their vague deadline. Although I really hope not for all of those caught up in this sorry saga.

Totally agree with WG. Research has shown all manufacturers have failed real world testing including Mercedes. VW have taken steps to avert being accused again. Surely better that than risk sanctions. As it is taking time the real failing is lack of information but that is all. It will be fixed and then we can get back to enjoying the best campervan out there. Seems a conspiracy by press is directed at VW as they are the biggest manufacturer and now an easy target.

The fix may take us beyond the quoted 5 days but better a good fix than rushed.

The fix may take us beyond the quoted 5 days but better a good fix than rushed.

Their roof corrosion fix was pretty good.
Then again, scrub that...:headbang

Was reading this earlier:
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-ne...ests-could-mean-less-choice-and-higher-prices

The bit at the end where it says
" that doesn’t mean two tests for every car – there’s a computer programme called CO2MPAS to produce NEDC stats from WLTP tests."
got me wondering if this is the origin of the problem VW have. One or more of the parameters used by this CO2MPAS program were incorrect and the new values need to be checked for all combinations.

Phil

Just the first year.

The first year VED is based on emissions test results and thereafter up to year 6 you pay another premium (£340) on top of the standard road tax (£140) because it is a commercial vehicle costing over £40k.

Blue Yonder
".....because its not a commercial......."

My September 2017 registered 67 plate is £450 a year.(Diesel Car - 167 G/KM)

For years 2-6 thats correct - £140 plus £310 over £40k penalty year 7 will be £140 at todays rates. Year one was £500.00

If it had been 1G/km or 999g/km it would have been the same, except year one.

Dear All
Apparently the problem is due to excessive emissions during the cleaning/regeneration cycle of the DPF.
A software fix is required to reduce the NOX during this phase and vehicles on hold will be released once the authorities approve of the fix. Expected in the coming days....
So as it’s being fixed to keep the emissions within the stated figures I don’t believe VED will be changing.
We can’t wait for the Cali to arrive... Exciting times ahead. Woo!
:bananadance2

That was today’s update from our case manager at VW :thumb.
I don’t think it’s as bad as we thought. :thumb:thumb

I hope you have been told correctly :Nailbiting

That was today’s update from our case manager at VW :thumb.
I don’t think it’s as bad as we thought. :thumb:thumb
Yep that’s what I heard after contacting vw a week or so ago..I posted that too about 8 pages ago

Well, at least vwcs are telling us all pretty much the same thing now... fingers crossed it’s right...

Yep, that's word for word what I was told too - see a few pages back too. Is your case manager Jay by any chance :)
I was told by a vw dealer not vwcs
:)

How are we all doing then? Any further news from Jay anyone?

I spoke to him on Tuesday, didn't get an update really from where the previous position was. He said he was getting fed up with telling people mid-Feb when it is mid-feb so he's been chasing Germany.

He has sorted us out a loan car (a Q5 Auto) that is being swapped on Friday or Saturday for a Cali Ocean loan vehicle until ours is ready. We sold our car that the Cali is replacing on Saturday so the loan car is very welcome, but a Cali loaner is unexpected, but certainly has helped soften the delays.

@itguy How much patience is left in the tank? Hope you can enjoy the loan Ocean.

@Properjob Are you anywhere nearer to knowing anything about your own van? Still got your loan van?

I sent an email today asking for an update.

Not had a response yet.

Back