Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

** Important News: New Vehicle Registrations on Hold

I’m wondering on what basis or fact the information that 150 manuals are being upgraded to DSG. I can’t see the sense, I ordered a 150 manual beach back in September, so in theory it was pretty much built by the time this whole issue kicked off. Surely VW haven’t just chucked all the 150’s built into a corner and/or rebuilt with DSG. Any more info appreciated.....although clearly not likely from VW or dealerships!

I’m wondering on what basis or fact the information that 150 manuals are being upgraded to DSG. I can’t see the sense, I ordered a 150 manual beach back in September, so in theory it was pretty much built by the time this whole issue kicked off. Surely VW haven’t just chucked all the 150’s built into a corner and/or rebuilt with DSG. Any more info appreciated.....although clearly not likely from VW or dealerships!
We ordered a 150 Manual Beach which was built and brought to the UK in December. We were categorically told by VW that this vehicle was being returned to Germany to be disposed of and we only had the option of a replacement DSG model at no extra cost which was built at week 8.
Our replacement is due in at the dealership within the next 10 days.

I doubt it was disposed of just a gearbox change and electronic update then told you were getting a completely new one.... or someone else had your old one

I doubt it was disposed of just a gearbox change and electronic update then told you were getting a completely new one.... or someone else had your old one
We ordered a 150 Manual Beach which was built and brought to the UK in December. We were categorically told by VW that this vehicle was being returned to Germany to be disposed of and we only had the option of a replacement DSG model at no extra cost which was built at week 8.
Our replacement is due in at the dealership within the next 10 days.
Thanks for this. Be interested to here if any similar experiences. This is certainly not anything our dealer here in aNersey has any info on. I would have thought there must be plenty of other people ordering a 150 manual beach...be good to see their letters.

Too many differences with looms etc. They may strip it out or just sell then to the Auzzies :)

VW are really pushing their loyal customers to the limit..

For some reason I'm a massive fan of the vw brand but having ordered an Up! GTi on the day the order books opened, I was told at time of order that it would arrive within 8-12 weeks. The order system crashed for a few days and 6 weeks later, I'm being told it's now got a provisional Build week 22, with delivery expected late June! Apparently they are saying 42 weeks for an Up GTi if ordered now!

VW really should of advised the dealers better prior to launch about managing the customers expectations but once again it all just seems a bit shambolic...

We ordered a 150 manual in October and our dealer has confirmed that a DSG is now on its way for us. No idea what they’ll do with the manual that’s been sitting at the dealership since December 4th!

Our one is definitely a new one as the old one is at the dealership and the new one is at the uk port....

Just out of interest, that's exactly the same CO2 and mpg data that VW published in their latest brochure a few weeks ago.

I got my letter too and don't understand how they've calculated the 'change'. The pic below is from the brochure they gave me when I ordered and the change from this is a lot more than they're claiming in the letter. Am I missing something?

4ede420cc054bc1cc95045b2f628dfba.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got my letter too and don't understand how they've calculated the 'change'. The pic below is from the brochure they gave me when I ordered and the change from this is a lot more than they're claiming in the letter. Am I missing something?

Proper job, you’re right. Mine is a 204 DSG and they said mine is +13g/km. However, on your brochure (mine is the same), my original was 169 g/km and not 177g/km (which is actually for the 204 manual).

Hoping this still doesn’t affect the ved bands?!!

Phil.

Proper job, you’re right. Mine is a 204 DSG and they said mine is +13g/km. However, on your brochure (mine is the same), my original was 169 g/km and not 177g/km (which is actually for the 204 manual).

Hoping this still doesn’t affect the ved bands?!!

Phil.

A309492C-A47B-4085-B99E-26358FC22279.png

It looks like the VW letter is comparing their new CO2 and mpg data by using the data in the version of the brochure in circulation at the time the diesels were suspended. In that version the 204dsg had been increased from 169 to 177g/km.

Agree. You must compare with the Brochure current at the time of ordering. The year and month are on the last page.

Our one is definitely a new one as the old one is at the dealership and the new one is at the uk port....

I have chased myself now and have it confirmed that they have provided a 150ps 7speed and not the manual as I ordered. My bus is Sitting in a port and now awaiting a second boat journey to Jersey. We pay a one off VED on import that took a massive hike in the 2018 budget. Be interested to see how the dealership handle that one. I know the DSG is essentially an upgrade I’m assuming the cost willl not be passed on. I’ll use that as leverage for not paying the increased VED if I can.

I have chased myself now and have it confirmed that they have provided a 150ps 7speed and not the manual as I ordered. My bus is Sitting in a port and now awaiting a second boat journey to Jersey. We pay a one off VED on import that took a massive hike in the 2018 budget. Be interested to see how the dealership handle that one. I know the DSG is essentially an upgrade I’m assuming the cost willl not be passed on. I’ll use that as leverage for not paying the increased VED if I can.

Yes, we were told that we would be getting the upgrade free of charge so I’ve taken that to mean no extra VED also.

My dealer (no, the VW one) says they're waiting for a Certificate of Conformity for the new emissions, has anyone else been told the same? Anyone managed to get one?

My dealer (no, the VW one) says they're waiting for a Certificate of Conformity for the new emissions, has anyone else been told the same? Anyone managed to get one?
Yup that's what mine is doing as well. Apparently it takes about 5 days from them uploading the new software.

Interesting. Any idea where these come from? Who issues them?

Presumably not VW. :veryfunny

You are not liable for the extra VED! See my post on page 55 of this thread.

Hi, I was wandering too if any uk vans have been registered yet? Mine is still in between uk port and Exeter , 14 days at least so far and they hope they might receive it this week, who knows as usual but its still a very slow process and were being rushed through!!!

See my post on page 55 of this thread

Hi, for those affected by this who have been given a hire vehicle for a trip... did you have to source insurance? VWG told us we wouldn't but we are getting a demo now and vw are demanding we sort. Everyone we asked won't do a 2 week cover. Any ideas please?

Also, anyone else told by Jay that VW would foot the increase in VED - make sure you put in a subject access request for all your phone calls. I know there's a lot of us who were told VW would foot and now they are attempting to go back on that. It won't stand up in court.

Hi, for those affected by this who have been given a hire vehicle for a trip... did you have to source insurance? VWG told us we wouldn't but we are getting a demo now and vw are demanding we sort. Everyone we asked won't do a 2 week cover. Any ideas please?

Also, anyone else told by Jay that VW would foot the increase in VED - make sure you put in a subject access request for all your phone calls. I know there's a lot of us who were told VW would foot and now they are attempting to go back on that. It won't stand up in court.

We got a loan Q5, and VW paid the insurance on that - and for us to drive it to France over Easter - so seems pretty unfair that you are being asked to pay for it. VW are using Capital Hire for the loan car. We had a choice of an actual van, an Amarok pickup truck or the Q5...

Our incoming Beach 150 DSG is affected and up a band, need to speak to VWCS/our dealer - but will be interested to hear how other people have got on..

Back