Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

** Important News: New Vehicle Registrations on Hold

far better solution than I was expecting
Brilliant news! I hope you and especially 'Little ProperJob' can enjoy your 'temporary' new California. Enjoy trying it out and exploring all the gadgets.

Great news.
Enjoy:cool:

Can somebody enlighten me on why there’s a few posts where people are saying this could be the end of the 150 tdi manual.???
It was only 4 week ago we got ours after waiting 3 months
Is this the last of the 150TDI manual..
if so WHY??

Last edited:
Can somebody enlighten me on why there’s a few posts where people are saying this could be the end of the 150 tdi manual.???
It's just been withdrawn on the VW website for each passenger grade (M1) Transporter-based model. Whether this is permanent though is anyone's guess, hence just a "could" at this stage.

It's just been withdrawn on the VW website for each passenger grade (M1) Transporter-based model. Whether this is permanent though is anyone's guess, hence just a "could" at this stage.
I’m sure I have read on here in the past that
You couldn’t at one point order the 204 dsg 4 motion
That’s still available to order now... so are people not just jumping the gun here??
All seems a bit vague to me?

This is a really awkward position for VW who by the sound of things so far have done the right thing this time and the major factor in that is almost certainly due to not wanting to get caught up like last time but even so it's the right thing to do.
Asides those of us waiting, I feel most sorry for the powerless dealers who are receiving a volley of abuse from angry customers.
I have spoken with 2 dealerships this week and for sure people aren't holding back.
I am sure I would be hammering anyone and everyone if I had been held up by this but having escaped it, keeping a level head is way easier.
Go easy on your dealers folks they are mortified too!

I might be putting 2+2 together and getting 5 but wonder if with the real world driving emissions test there is less variation in the emission levels when using a dsg gearbox.
I’m probably guilty of holding onto lower gears longer than the dashboard prompt would like. If I had an auto it would take that decision and variable away. Just a thought

I might be putting 2+2 together and getting 5 but wonder if with the real world driving emissions test there is less variation in the emission levels when using a dsg gearbox.
I’m probably guilty of holding onto lower gears longer than the dashboard prompt would like. If I had an auto it would take that decision and variable away. Just a thought

This had crossed my mind too. I wonder if this hiccup is to get the RDE certificates sorted before April tax changes....

We too have been sorted out by VW and a practically new cali was delivered to the house this afternoon - far better solution than I was expecting :)

I take it, it’s a loan vehicle. If it doesn’t come with, or you haven’t got a gas cylinder, cables etc and you need them over the holiday, come around and you can borrow mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I take it, it’s a loan vehicle. If it doesn’t come with, or you haven’t got a gas cylinder, cables etc and you need them over the holiday, come around and you can borrow mine.

That is so kind - thanks v much. Luckily we have a room full of Cali extras that we'd been amassing for the big day!

This had crossed my mind too. I wonder if this hiccup is to get the RDE certificates sorted before April tax changes....
More likely type approval, if it is registered before April then tax changes don’t count anyway.

Thanks @ChrisS, now that I have a set of wheels, I’m certainly more relaxed about the situation. Although, I do hope I receive some information shortly :headbang
Great to hear that @Grant5. Also good to hear you are temporarily sorted @Properjob. I am please VWCS are looking after you both. I had a really positive experience with them on a different matter, so fingers crossed they continue to look after you and anyone else affected by this.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I was due to collect my T6 Ocean this Friday and I’ve just received an email for my Dealer informing me that VW are not allowing any passenger carrying diesel vehicle to be registered until further notice......No reason why and no hint of a timeline. I have since spoken to the Dealer and he doesn’t know any additional information.

Absolutely gutted as my entire Xmas was planned around having the vehicle.

I’ve been a loyal VW customer for many years but my patience are now starting to wear thin

I was due to collect my T6 Ocean this Friday and I’ve just received an email for my Dealer informing me that VW are not allowing any passenger carrying diesel vehicle to be registered until further notice......No reason why and no hint of a timeline. I have since spoken to the Dealer and he doesn’t know any additional information.

I’ve been a loyal VW customer for many years but my patience are now starting to wear thin

Same here. Was due to collect it Thursday and the dealer even gave me the registration number. Then Tuesday morning I got the email re new registrations.
The dealer can’t get information either!

Just found this German news article posted today :

https://www.auto-medienportal.net/artikel/detail/42582

Translates to :

After problems with increased exhaust gas values, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles (VWN) has stopped the delivery of the T6 with diesel engines and car registration. As the company announced, the vehicles should be available again from mid-February 2018.

Volkswagen has developed a solution to comply with certain technical measurement and limit values of vehicles from ongoing series production. However, this must pass through necessary test, confirmation and official procedures. It will take about six to eight weeks, according to VWN, until the vehicles ready for delivery can be equipped with optimized software.

At the beginning of next year, Volkswagen will also clarify to what extent T6, which has already been sold, should also be equipped with the new software as part of a service campaign. (Ampnet / jri)
As I posted earlier, was due to pick mine up last Thursday and even had the registration number. If it is postponed ‘til mid February I’d be minded to cancel it or get it reregistered to an 18 plate!

Does this apply across the range of VW passenger vehicles. I was under the impression the engine in the T6 was the same engine as in other vehicles across the VW range. See post 141.

It does look like VW reported itself and is working on a fix for models already sold as well as new vehiclesm http://autoweek.com/article/vw-dies...ssions-issue-affects-vw-multivans-report-says
The T6 actually fares reasonably well in the independent Equa Air Quality Index - it’s B on a scale of A to H but it should be A - so hopefully the fix will not be too far away.
Would you have a link to the EQUA index that includes the T6? So far the only list I've managed to find doesn't include it. Thanks.

Looks like only 102ps has been classified so far in Transporter EU6 models, so definitely a listing to keep an eye on for future updates.

Back