Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

importing POI in Discover media nav system

tried to PM but keep getting error report.

this is how i have file set up in Excel as a CSV
;Longitude Latitude Name Address 1
-4.2468 53.32142 Brynteg;
-3.8396 53.23004 Rowen Memorial Hall;
-3.82101 53.22979 Beekeepers

I think you need to be a VIP member to use PMs

Thanks to Mike T6CFO for the PDF file above.

I’ve got a couple of questions on the sat nav fitted in the T6. (Discover Media), if anyone can help.

1. I’ve managed to upload POI’s from Wildcamping successfully via Car-Net. They are there but don’t show on the screen like they did on the old RNS510, they only show when you bring up the POI menu. Is there a way to make them display all the time so you can spot them while you’re driving.

2. I tried to upload Archie’s POI’s several times but this hasn’t been successful. I’m thinking it may be because of the large number of POI’s (about 21,000); I seem to recall seeing somewhere there is a limit of 200, is that correct? Or am I misunderstanding what they mean?

Appreciate any clarification. Thanks.

Thanks to Mike T6CFO for the PDF file above.

I’ve got a couple of questions on the sat nav fitted in the T6. (Discover Media), if anyone can help.

1. I’ve managed to upload POI’s from Wildcamping successfully via Car-Net. They are there but don’t show on the screen like they did on the old RNS510, they only show when you bring up the POI menu. Is there a way to make them display all the time so you can spot them while you’re driving.

2. I tried to upload Archie’s POI’s several times but this hasn’t been successful. I’m thinking it may be because of the large number of POI’s (about 21,000); I seem to recall seeing somewhere there is a limit of 200, is that correct? Or am I misunderstanding what they mean?

Appreciate any clarification. Thanks.
It's OK sorted it.

1. You have to switch each particular POI set on in Nav/Settings/Map
2. Re-downloaded the Archies POI's and everything was fine

:)

It's OK sorted it.

1. You have to switch each particular POI set on in Nav/Settings/Map
2. Re-downloaded the Archies POI's and everything was fine

:)

Nice. There’s a limit on how many you can tick but easy to change when you require

Mike

Probably just as well there is a limit or you wouldn't see the map!

Next thing is to find some up to date Lidl/Aldi/Tesco etc POI's. I found some on POI Plaza but they are quite old ....

Finally got round to trying download the POI's managed C&CC with sucess but would like to do archies to save doing loads but having real problems. Any advice ?? Doing it via car net. What sat nav do you choose??

Finally got round to trying download the POI's managed C&CC with sucess but would like to do archies to save doing loads but having real problems. Any advice ?? Doing it via car net. What sat nav do you choose??
I find Garmin .csv works.

Thanks, I've used garmin, it has down loaded but it won't show up on the maps for France. I've git UK archie symbols. I downloaded all the bmp files to with each country.
I’ve only put the uk ones in for now, I think the symbol has to have the same name as the .csv files with the .bmp extension. Eg France.csv would have France.bmp.

Back