Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

In wardrobe security box or something else?

Hello all, i use a bearlock on the benchdrawer. Uses the same key as the gearbox bearlock. Whole benchdrawer is my safe. Also hany on campingplace with the door open etc. As an extra at the bottom of de bench/seat a 5mm metal plate is bolted to close the drawer from the upside. Works perfect for us. Regards, frank

https://www.vwcampershop.nl/nl/opbergen/580-bearlock-lock-bench-drawer.html

5E90A3DB-C205-471E-B989-E177FCCFA557.jpeg

I stick rarely used items in the safe. Manual, emergency roof kit etc. Then bung my Mac and iPads in there.
Otherwise nothing of real value comes with us anyway.
The safe stops the opportunistic thief.

We don’t carry cash, other than about 50 euros or 50 quid which is always in my back pack as emergency money and we use our phones and cards to pay for stuff.

So if Sergio wants anything from my van, he can find some crusty boxer shorts and smelly sleeping bags in the rear cupboard which he’s welcome too
We’ve got a factory fitted one and use it during most trips for copies of passports etc. As you suggest, it will stop the opportunistic thief who doesn’t know it’s there and is unlikely to find it, but who will quickly go through all the obvious storage places. It will probably not cause much delay to an informed, practised thief. On the other hand it’s not all that easy to get things in and out of it even if you have the key. The access is awkward especially if there’s much in the wardrobe and I see that as a benefit.

I think you would have a better case for a hefty insurance claim if items were stolen from a forced VW safebox rather than secreted around the Cali ???

There's a handy gap at the front of the windscreen to store your passport and credit card. You'll never get it out again either though!!

Hello all, i use a bearlock on the benchdrawer. Uses the same key as the gearbox bearlock. Whole benchdrawer is my safe. Also hany on campingplace with the door open etc. As an extra at the bottom of de bench/seat a 5mm metal plate is bolted to close the drawer from the upside. Works perfect for us. Regards, frank

https://www.vwcampershop.nl/nl/opbergen/580-bearlock-lock-bench-drawer.html

View attachment 37942
A thread hijack, I know but where did you get that floor covering?

Tom

Hey Tom, you mean the metal plate ? We used a plate of 5 mm aluminium, you can order it online, use the exact size as the top of the drawer. Regards frank

Hey Tom, you mean the metal plate ? We used a plate of 5 mm aluminium, you can order it online, use the exact size as the top of the drawer. Regards frank
I actually meant the striped floor covering, perhaps it is standard? Mine is T5 and has Habitat type grey rubber matting!

I actually meant the striped floor covering, perhaps it is standard? Mine is T5 and has Habitat type grey rubber matting!

Tom, it is Yacht-style flooring introduced as an option on the T6. Lovely, wipe clean and no knobbly bits to press into the kneecaps when doing it.

Tom, it is Yacht-style flooring introduced as an option on the T6. Lovely, wipe clean and no knobbly bits to press into the kneecaps when doing it.
Cheers Jen. Not on the confugurator but I can ask.

Tom

Sorry, I could not ( read dare not ) possibly comment ..........
:cheers

Back