Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Infotainment on/off button CarPlay problem

J

johnosborne1970

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi. I have a 3 month old Cali Ocean 6.1. I love it but it’s our first one so am a little inexperienced. I have noticed an issue now when listening to music/using the apps via CarPlay. If I briefly switch off the infotainment using the power button eg as I want to concentrate on a manoeuvre, then switch it on again, CarPlay comes back on with no sound eg on music, texts, Google maps etc. In fact the music is playing/running as the time continues but no sound . Pause then play does not cure, only an engine switch off. There is no mute switch annoyingly (unles I am missing something) and I could just pause the music but: does anyone else have this? Or is it a fault? The radio works fine with off/on and also weirdly plays over the silent malfunctioning apps when I am trying to resume Spotify. Hope all that makes sense!

Finally - can anyone advise what the GPS setting is on the clock as I tried that and I had the wrong time the next morning.

Yours, slightly worried.

Hi. I have a 3 month old Cali Ocean 6.1. I love it but it’s our first one so am a little inexperienced. I have noticed an issue now when listening to music/using the apps via CarPlay. If I briefly switch off the infotainment using the power button eg as I want to concentrate on a manoeuvre, then switch it on again, CarPlay comes back on with no sound eg on music, texts, Google maps etc. In fact the music is playing/running as the time continues but no sound . Pause then play does not cure, only an engine switch off. There is no mute switch annoyingly (unles I am missing something) and I could just pause the music but: does anyone else have this? Or is it a fault? The radio works fine with off/on and also weirdly plays over the silent malfunctioning apps when I am trying to resume Spotify. Hope all that makes sense!

Finally - can anyone advise what the GPS setting is on the clock as I tried that and I had the wrong time the next morning.

Yours, slightly worried.
We have a T5.1, but you should be able to mute using steering wheel control?

There a setting that turns the volume down when you select reverse, and you are able to adjust the level.

Yours, slightly worried.
Mine does this sometimes too. Track time shows it’s playing but no sound. The workaround I found was to switch to radio then back to CarPlay and hey presto…sound!
we shouldn’t have to do this but hope it helps until they update the software/fix the glitch.

Mine does this sometimes too. Track time shows it’s playing but no sound. The workaround I found was to switch to radio then back to CarPlay and hey presto…sound!
we shouldn’t have to do this but hope it helps until they update the software/fix the glitch.
Many thanks. At least I am not alone!

I have the same issue, and also sometimes when I try and switch on, I get 'Loading User Profile' continuously. When I switch off and try again later it works. I know if I take it the dealer it'll work, so living with it at the moment.. any tips/work arounds..?

I have the same issue, and also sometimes when I try and switch on, I get 'Loading User Profile' continuously. When I switch off and try again later it works. I know if I take it the dealer it'll work, so living with it at the moment.. any tips/work arounds..?
None for now. I’m getting pretty fed up with the working/not working temperament of it! Wireless has now improved and cable has started playing up!

Back