Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Inspection Now message

FoodieLoobie

FoodieLoobie

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
When I start the engine of the Cali a message appears which just says ‘Inspection Now’. This disappears after a few seconds. There are no other symbols or messages on display.

I have looked through the owners manual and am a bit confused about ‘vehicles with and without text messages’. I can only assume that I have a vehicle with text messages and that the messages are not coming to me.

We bought the van at 2 years old, in April last year. It had just been serviced at 12,500 miles when we bought it. The message first appeared at about 17,500 miles before we went away for a week and we are now approaching 18,000. I had been led to believe that the van was on a flexible service plan and would not need to be serviced for 2 years, so not until spring next year. I am also sure I have read somewhere that an oil change is due at 20,000 miles.

Can anyone explain for me what inspection is due? Have I been given incorrect information about servicing? Obviously I want to do the right thing, but am just not quite sure what that is! And I want to be sure that we are not doing any harm to the van before we head off again on our next adventures.

If you want to do the best thing always have an *annual* inspection and oil change. 20,000 mile service intervals are aimed at (and suitable for) business users who do that mileage in six or nine months.

Vehicles seldom used and doing under 6k a year need more attention not less.

The van thinks a service is due... Speak to your dealer...

Lots of talk about pros/cons of long life or timed service plans on the forum...

If you want to do the best thing always have an *annual* inspection and oil change. 20,000 mile service intervals are aimed at (and suitable for) business users who do that mileage in six or nine months.
My van is flashing up for its second service in 15 months, 32,000 miles.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

At the 2 year service in April (T6 Ocean 204hp from 2016) the service men told me that VW has changed the intervall to a one year base! No matter how many miles of km...

Inspection due means just that, it isnt necessarily a service that is a different message. VW do a free (well for me it has been) check on your vehicle to tell you anything that is wrong.

Good afternoon,

I was the opinion there is a yearly oil change and a 2 year service interval (incl. oil change).

Never the less, I believe I had a similar issue 2 weeks ago. Switching on the dashboard a message came up to remind me that oil or service maintenance is due soon. Nothing to worry about, just annoying. I thought that our first oil change would be due in November 2018.

I went to the dealer and the service agent changed the settings to match this to the correct intervals. He did this in the car using some radio button sequences. This took 45 seconds or so. That was the quickest solution to a query I had with VW.

Regards,
Eberhard

Thanks for your replies. I will book an appointment to get this checked out and probably end up with a service.

MOT already done a couple of months ago and all was well then.

On my 2018 model Beach (204 DSG 4M) bought new last October, I’ve had ‘oil service due 400miles’ show on dashboard .

I’ve done 9,100 miles. Called VW Lookers Guilford to book in (£174 incl 34 point check, wash & valet)and the lady said that ALL California’s are now 2 year/20k mile intervals but that the technician would check to see if I need oil changed or not.

I’m thinking perhaps the compu’ah bases this on journey times, ie short ones / long ones and dpf cycles?

I’ve booked in for next week and will be amazed if I’m told it DOESN’T need changing.

Changing oil frequently is never a bad thing I guess (did it lots myself on my FJ Cruiser) but £174 seems chunky for just that. What’s everyone else paying (ballpark)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can reset the service/inspection message yourself
Im kind of in the same boat here.
I’m in for inspection within 2 weeks.
had a yearly inspection done last year since I boughtthe Cali used.
You can reset the service/inspection message yourself

Hi all, I’m kind of in the same boat here.
Had a yearly inspection done last year since I thought this would be a good thing.
I bought my Cali used about 2 years ago and its a 2014 with 10000km so dont really wanna spend same money again on inspection this year.

My question; how do you reset the inspection?
I dont want to mess up the service intervals.
Just had it in for service with an oilchange and so on less than a month ago!

Kind regards from Sweden

Im kind of in the same boat here.
had a yearly inspection done last year since I boughtthe Cali used.

Hi all, I’m kind of in the same boat here.
Had a yearly inspection done last year since I thought this would be a good thing.
I bought my Cali used about 2 years ago and its a 2014 with 10000km so dont really wanna spend same money again on inspection this year.

My question; how do you reset the inspection?
I dont want to mess up the service intervals.
Just had it in for service with an oilchange and so on less than a month ago!

Kind regards from Sweden

Thanks! I saw this but seems like you reset the whole thing including service, or am I missing something?
Just want to get rid of the inspection part.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Sorry, I watched a different video. The second part shows what I want. Will give it a go tomorrow. Bog thanks!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Back