Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Insurance Query

F

Fin

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
We've just purchased a nearly new (three months old) California in Silver 180ps DSG, with a few other extras. We've been California owners for nearly four years and our previous model was a 130ps, manual. My question relates to insurance. We've been with the same insurer for a number of years and always been quite satisfied with the service, however the insurance cost has nigh on doubled between the older 130 model and this new 180ps model, has anyone else noticed this? Any suggestions/advice/recommendations about insurers would be welcome for this new forum poster.

Fin

Thanks for the speedy response.

We normally use Direct Line, we've always had the Beetle (new shape), Polo and previous van with them and they've been great on the very rare occasion that we've had to claim. However the quote they gave Loz I believe was well over £1,300 and with an excess that was staggeringly high.

Thanks for the link, I think that I will explore that option.

No problem. Comfort do seem quite popular with most people coming in around the £300 mark. you can see why.
It is best to ring them as on their website it doesn't list the Cali. You will need to speak to a person :thumb

Insurance companies do seem to be laying it on a little thick at the moment too. I've just had a renewal through for a Suzuki Jimny and a Mazda MX-5. Shocking! With little negotiation and some price matching from the Internet, we were able to get it down by 40%.

The folks on the phone were very helpful although, I think they are required to stop a little way short of offering money saving tips; however when you ask direct questions, they are more than helpful and seemed genuinely pleased to save some money!