Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Intermittent ‘growl’

S

Sallyf

VIP Member
For the past month our five-year-old T5 has occasionally produced a 1–2 second low growling noise. I cannot be specific about when it happens. The noise seems to come from the front end of the van. Everything appears to be working well. Any ideas about what might be causing it very welcome.

For the past month our five-year-old T5 has occasionally produced a 1–2 second low growling noise. I cannot be specific about when it happens. The noise seems to come from the front end of the van. Everything appears to be working well. Any ideas about what might be causing it very welcome.

Please fill in details of your vehicle as it is important if you want a correct reply and/or help

He did say come back when it drives you mad... It's not that frequent at the moment and if the family are in the car, we all moo back at it!
our's got to the stage when it did it every trip

I don't have too much of a threshold for annoyances so I reckon it'll be replaced in May when it's in for MOT.

The official VW fix is not to replace the valves but the silicon tubing that the valves are attached too.
It is so nice when the noise has gone, I almost miss it....almost!

Alan

My bus makes a noise like a moo / growl when the blue motion kicks in and the engine switches off. Is that what you are talking about? I am sure the growls are getting more frequent.

Yep mine did it, N75 valve, 'moo valve' had it changed at the garage, all sorted now. Simples.

Is it coming from the passenger seat?

Back