Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Internal Lights's

Cheers again. When I got first I had a water leak after a bit of tracing found out lhs front pillar cover was blocking water drain pipe from roof. When cover off noticed single red and white heavy wire had been installed. Asked previous owner and said he had a problem with some fuses blowing. Just wondering if he got it wrong and this wire coming from ignition to power lights ??
That's worth investigating. It may be bypassing a fault. Where does the wire come from and where does it go? Fuses don't blow without a fault present.

Cheers again. When I got first I had a water leak after a bit of tracing found out lhs front pillar cover was blocking water drain pipe from roof. When cover off noticed single red and white heavy wire had been installed. Asked previous owner and said he had a problem with some fuses blowing. Just wondering if he got it wrong and this wire coming from ignition to power lights ??
That needs checking out in my opinion. Fuses blow for a reason. Time for some detective work I think.:thumb

If there's a bit of slack in the wire you could cut it and see if the lights still work. Check if the wire is live when ignition is on. If it is then that will be the feed to the lights. Hopefully there's a fuse in it somewhere. Obviously some one has been playing about.

If there's a bit of slack in the wire you could cut it and see if the lights still work. Check if the wire is live when ignition is on. If it is then that will be the feed to the lights. Hopefully there's a fuse in it somewhere. Obviously some one has been playing about.
Find the fuse and isolate the circuit first BEFORE you make any cuts though.

Do u have an idea where I would get wiring diagrams Jc
If you become a VIP Forum member than you can download the T5 VW Technician California Training manual in the VIP Downloads section which has wiring diagrams of the Habitation area. Just beware it is for a LHD vehicle.
Also there are some Fuse Layout documents available there as well.