Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Introduction ID Buzz by VW

A different kind of bus but quite dramatic
I saw that a few weeks ago, I'd be p1ssed off if those black plumes of smoke
hit my balcony in Paris.
The whole bus depot in Stuttgart burnt down because of those fantastic electric buses,
It hit the news slightly :)

Flip it or keep it?

I think we will probably keep it, unless it’s a bit of a dog.
We’ve been sitting on the EV side bench for a while. Fancy giving the Buzz a try, as every other car in my neighbourhood seems to be a Tesla.

It’s nice to be different…;)

So then……….. My dilemma?

I like the Buzz, it’s modern technology and I think it looks great! We have only had our (2nd hand) Coast for 4 months now and we are still getting used to it. It was a big (oxymoron!) step down from our previous 2 vans which were Fiat Ducato PVC’s and now we have made the adjustment to size we love it! We see it more as ‘adventuring light’ as opposed to taking the kitchen sink with us every where we go! We like the ride, the comfort, the convenience, the ‘go anywhere’ feel about the whole thing. The ONE thing that does not rest easy with us however is the fact that it is DIESEL.

The Buzz is smaller yes, but I reckon if we can do something with the fold down back seats then I reckon it’s more like a slightly smaller Transporter Kombi (which we had previously considered before the Coast).

A bed in the back, a small portable kitchen unit and we’re good to go :thumb

The problem (I agree a first world problem:() is that if we wait for the perfect Buzz to come along we might be in for a long wait.

So our plan is to pre order now, spend some time next month working out which spec to have, then when it finally arrives (18 months?) just work with what we get.

If we like it then it will be money well spent because we won’t spend another 18 months wishing we’d ordered when we had the chance, if we don’t like it then we will probably be able to sell on at a profit…….. a win/win maybe? well, life is a gamble.

Regarding some of the practicalities, cooking can be via low power induction hob, heating via air con and the rest just a matter of ‘make it work’

Am I confident about all of this? No! but hey, I wasn’t convinced about a California and look where that got me:D

Last edited:
I personally don’t see the Buzz as a viable camper. But as a practical day van, people mover, comfortable modern EV. Then I think it ticks the right boxes.
I am disappointed the rear seats aren’t on full length rails and the fronts don’t swivel.
Hopefully we see these points addressed in the future or the mod scene can offer some alternatives.
I regularly surf a spot 145 miles away. The Buzz would be perfect for trips down to their which won’t cost me £2litre. It’s becoming an expensive hobby…:headbang

Anyway, I’ve never been a fan of normal cars. I love my Classic cars VW vans and Porsche’s…

So then……….. My dilemma?

I like the Buzz, it’s modern technology and I think it looks great! We have only had our (2nd hand) Coast for 4 months now and we are still getting used to it. It was a big (oxymoron!) step down from our previous 2 vans which were Fiat Ducato PVC’s and now we have made the adjustment to size we love it! We see it more as ‘adventuring light’ as opposed to taking the kitchen sink with us every where we go! We like the ride, the comfort, the convenience, the ‘go anywhere’ feel about the whole thing. The ONE thing that does not rest easy with us however is the fact that it is DIESEL.

The Buzz is smaller yes, but I reckon if we can do something with the fold down back seats then I reckon it’s more like a slightly smaller Transporter Kombi (which we had previously considered before the Coast).

A bed in the back, a small portable kitchen unit and we’re good to go :thumb

The problem (I agree a first world problem:() is that if we wait for the perfect Buzz to come along we might be in for a long wait.

So our plan is to pre order now, spend some time next month working out which spec to have, then when if finally arrives (18 months?) just work with what we get.

If we like it then it will be money well spent because we won’t spend another 18 months wishing we’d ordered when we had the chance, if we don’t like it then we will probably be able to sell on at a profit…….. a win/win maybe? well, life is a gamble.

Regarding some of the practicalities, cooking can be via low power induction hob, heating via air con and the rest just a matter of ‘make it work’

Am I confident about all of this? No! but hey, I wasn’t convinced about a California and look where that got me:D
I'm now almost 77 and always been interested in cars. If l don't try an electric car now l don't know if they have installed charging points beyond the pearly gates. So taken the plunge, pre-ordered, bought a personalised BU22 reg. I haven't got time to wait for the BUZZ California, so if it doesn't work out and l lose money, the kids will be a little worse off!

Back