Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Irish expert on electric issues Cali

A

aileen

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi. Some of you may have read that following a rear end accident I was without my beloved Cali for over a year and while the body damage was well repaired the leisure batteries were empty, the control panel flashing, automatic door not working etc.
Found an electrician who worked for 40 hours to understand all problems including solar panel. Now he’s an expert at Cali systems while VW wouldn’t look at it as it was written off by insurance
If anyone ever needs help in Ireland contact me for details

Hi. Some of you may have read that following a rear end accident I was without my beloved Cali for over a year and while the body damage was well repaired the leisure batteries were empty, the control panel flashing, automatic door not working etc.
Found an electrician who worked for 40 hours to understand all problems including solar panel. Now he’s an expert at Cali systems while VW wouldn’t look at it as it was written off by insurance
If anyone ever needs help in Ireland contact me for details
It’s great to hear you found someone with the knowledge, perseverance and compassion to get you out of trouble. This must have been a challenging time, It is difficult to imagine having someone run into the back of my Campervan, to not receive enough from the insurance company to replace it with like for like and then to go through the trouble to have it repaired. I hope it has a happy ending for you. Good luck.

It’s great to hear you found someone with the knowledge, perseverance and compassion to get you out of trouble. This must have been a challenging time, It is difficult to imagine having someone run into the back of my Campervan, to not receive enough from the insurance company to replace it with like for like and then to go through the trouble to have it repaired. I hope it has a happy ending for you. Good luck.
Thank you all so much. I had almost lost hope that the Cali would ever be fixed properly. This electrician didn’t realise that it would be so difficult but he informed himself after members of the forum sent the wiring diagrams so now he says he’s the expert. The batteries are maintaining 100%. Woopee and thanks again