Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is it about time all Road Users were Registered

Cameras, incuding dashcams and cycle cams, as well as static CCTV in towns, might be expected to have some deterrent effect on aggression on the road. Yes it depends on being able to identifiy an offender, but it's reasonable to expect at least some subconscious effect if we all know our actions on the road are being filmed.

For sure, dash and cycle cam evidence is now used regularly, and often conclusively, in careless driving also in 'road rage' (usually, Public Order Acts) offence prosecutions.

I'm not saying a surveillance society is a good thing but we do all need to get used to the fact that someone we encounter on the road is quite possibly filming us.

It seems unfair that we all pay for tax, display number plates and pay insurance when all the illegal motorbikes, electric bikes & scooters are riding around unchallenged by the police?

It seems unfair that we all pay for tax, display number plates and pay insurance when all the illegal motorbikes, electric bikes & scooters are riding around unchallenged by the police?
Who say they're unchallenged? I get the impression the police do stop, and often seize, illegal electric scooters etc, especially if they're being used antisocially. The rider then is likely to get a £300 fixed penalty for having no insurance, and £100 for riding without the correct licence.

Sadly its a simple answer to most of the issue's, firstly respect for others is none existant and their is very little enforcement, cameras do not replace police officers! Fewer officers equates to, "chance of being caught less than minimal so i will ignore rules and take my chance" ! No matter what we all say or comment on it will not change until these two basics change for the positive. Just my opinon.

Sadly its a simple answer to most of the issue's, firstly respect for others is none existant and their is very little enforcement, cameras do not replace police officers! Fewer officers equates to, "chance of being caught less than minimal so i will ignore rules and take my chance" ! No matter what we all say or comment on it will not change until these two basics change for the positive. Just my opinon.
I'm assuming "respect for others is non existent" is based on your own observations/beliefs not on any data? Actually I think the great majority of us behave with common decency, most of the time. Yes a minority don't but often that's because modern life (especially on the roads) can sometimes be hectic and stressful. (I'm not making any excuses for people who harass, threaten or intimidate others, that's unacceptable and unlawful.)

Regarding policing, it's obviously true that there are fewer police 'on the streets' than way back in the past. But at the same time people are nowadays much more likely to report a crime or antisocial behaviour (the statistics show this - crime has been generally falling over the past couple of decades, but the frequency of reporting an incident has increased). Where the police get clear evidence of inconsiderate driving, eg dash/bike cam footage, they often do prosecute. Unfortunately when it's simply one person's word against another with no independent witness, the law can usually do little. That's always been true.

I'm assuming "respect for others is non existent" is based on your own observations/beliefs not on any data? Actually I think the great majority of us behave with common decency, most of the time. Yes a minority don't but often that's because modern life (especially on the roads) can sometimes be hectic and stressful. (I'm not making any excuses for people who harass, threaten or intimidate others, that's unacceptable and unlawful.)

Regarding policing, it's obviously true that there are fewer police 'on the streets' than way back in the past. But at the same time people are nowadays much more likely to report a crime or antisocial behaviour (the statistics show this - crime has been generally falling over the past couple of decades, but the frequency of reporting an incident has increased). Where the police get clear evidence of inconsiderate driving, eg dash/bike cam footage, they often do prosecute. Unfortunately when it's simply one person's word against another with no independent witness, the law can usually do little. That's always been true.
As I said at the end "Just my opinion" not going to debate figures as they can be made to reflect whatever you want.