Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

List price discount

I think you will be doing really well if you get 10percent and then another 2500 Off
Good luck

Dealers were generally doing 7/8% a year back and with the new model coming soon, I reckon you could get 9 or 10 if you phone the right dealer at the right time. The 3k loyalty is a VWFS contribution so should be on top of the dealer discount.

Dealers were generally doing 7/8% a year back and with the new model coming soon, I reckon you could get 9 or 10 if you phone the right dealer at the right time. The 3k loyalty is a VWFS contribution so should be on top of the dealer discount.

That was my logic. VW contribution from central pot, dealer discount from their commission.

Let’s see how some calls go tomorrow. If I can’t get it, I’ll keep an eye on used market and buy slower time. I’m not desperate so let’s see!

Used 2017 / 2018 vans are way overpriced imho, with good negotiation you can get one brand new for around the same price.

That was my logic. VW contribution from central pot, dealer discount from their commission.
With my first Beach in 2016, I got 11% dealer discount + £1200 VW loyalty (emissions scandal) and £500 deposit contribution. Did help that I'd previously bought from salesman though.

Used 2017 / 2018 vans are way overpriced imho, with good negotiation you can get one brand new for around the same price.
I noticed this too...
But there still for sale a month or so later....
So went new,,,I got 13percent including the loyalty discount plus blue bellows thrown in for free....these cost 450+vat....I thought I gotta good deal...

Not sure waiting will help there’s always going to be a high demand for a t6cali...vw Know they will sell them so the loyalty discount would be the way to go...
They may extend it past June who knows but the my19 will be the last of the t6.the my20 will be a t6.1...
Also bear in mind the t6.1 WILL be more money..and this could also put a higher demand on the t6 with people not wanting to pay through the roof for the latest model 6.1
these California’s are getting way to expensive...I would bite the bullet sooner rather than later

I need a replacement vehicle fairly soon. I can wait if I get a deal, if I don’t find anything I’ll buy something different and come back to a California later. I’ll see how I get on and report back

Spoke with first dealer, they said the brand discount aligns to the vehicle you already own, not what you’re buying - so as I have a transporter I only get £1k off. Challenged that and they were adamant. I’ll try a few more!

It's definitely a gamble waiting, but going by how many pre-registered vans there are and how many dealers seem to have stock; it's hopefully not too much of a gamble :thumb

If you get one at the *right* price, can’t see you losing too much. If not, wait.

Hi Folks, newbie lurker here, but have been researching hard prior to purchasing an Ocean 4motion. Lots of Forum reading as I am new to Californias.

VW have a (not well advertised) HP offer of 0% APR over 5 years with a 50% deposit, ending at end of Jun. Dealer is offering 7.5% discount and also 4 services promotion for £425 + VAT. A couple of dealers have said that as VW rarely do 0% for Ocean this is a good finance deal. Just wondering what people’s opinions are? Seems like a reasonable deal to me at face value. Prices will only rise with 6.1 launch and possibly at end of October due to tariffs.

Spoke with first dealer, they said the brand discount aligns to the vehicle you already own, not what you’re buying - so as I have a transporter I only get £1k off. Challenged that and they were adamant. I’ll try a few more!
Ask them if you can buy a cheap Caddy and get 3k off!

Hi Folks, newbie lurker here, but have been researching hard prior to purchasing an Ocean 4motion. Lots of Forum reading as I am new to Californias.

VW have a (not well advertised) HP offer of 0% APR over 5 years with a 50% deposit, ending at end of Jun. Dealer is offering 7.5% discount and also 4 services promotion for £425 + VAT. A couple of dealers have said that as VW rarely do 0% for Ocean this is a good finance deal. Just wondering what people’s opinions are? Seems like a reasonable deal to me at face value. Prices will only rise with 6.1 launch and possibly at end of October due to tariffs.

If it works for you then go for it! If you can’t afford 100% cash then you could calculate the loan savings over the term, effectively you’re saving this, combined with a good discount could work well

What happened when we went from the T5 to the T6?

Generally owners of T5’s said they didn’t like it and not to buy too early because of the obvious ‘problems’ it would have. Early T6 buyers loved it.

What was the wait for the delay for T6 California's when they moved from the T5?

From what I can gather, VW produce the vans, Shuttle's and Caravelles first when they bring out a new model.

Where they still producing T5 Cali's for a time alongside the T6 vans?

From memory (though you could find all the info via search I think) VW closed orders for the T5 for a while before then opened the T6 orders.

Thanks reserves, I'll have a search on the site :thumb

Let us know how you go! I honestly can’t remember too well.

What’s for sure is there a big gap in second hand value right now between last T5’s and the early T6’s

Might be worth waiting for a T6.1 if that's the case. I'm not in a huge rush as we're using my wife's Caddy Maxi with a Campal for days out and we've just had our big trip to Scotland :thumb

Or second hand T5, won’t lose much on these at the moment, most of the depreciation has happened.

Thinking about it, T6’s need to drop in price to reflect the gap I think. Top price for T5 probably £40k at best, T6’s generally start at £50k, which i think is a bit rich seeing as you can get a new one for not much more.

The t6.1 will be more money they won’t be giving you all that digital dash and new tech stuff for free.

this is where you will get the gap

I had wondered if the dashboard shape would be the same for all the models and then they just change the screen size and technology depending on the version.

This is what Mercedes have done with the new Sprinter. They all have the same dash, with the fancy MBUX Multimedia System with 10.25-inch Touch Screen being an over £2k option :oops:

There are videos all over you tube showing the dash, both the digital and the analog, same dash essentially.

I doubt VW will venture far from what they have done with their cars, there’s an 8” infotainment system as standard. The digital dash on most cars is about £700

Personally I see the jump from T6 > T6.1 as bigger than T5 > T6

Just to circle back on discount:

Both other van centre sales managers told me Heritage were incorrect on brand loyalty contribution (which was as I expected).

There’s a bit of stock around, and I’m waiting on a price for something that may fit the bill. If I order delivery will be around September, which does have me beg the question about waiting for 6.1 to see if it either gets me a better van for not much more outlay, or a better deal on run out T6.

Poole and the chap recommended further up the thread - SMG were both decent conversations and people I could deal win happily.

Interesting they tell me they only get 6% to make from VW - has to be false unless VW have some complex internal back charging and opex management - no way they can operate that kind of business if they make - at best - 6% per unit, unless all the revenue is service and repair.

The T6.1 would be a nicer to have due to owning the new model, also the new dash lay-out, revised front end and probably a few new options will be available. However, I can't see it arriving till next year, the price will obviously increase, discounts will probably be less and the loyalty bonus will not be available.

Just as a rough idea:
Current T6 Beach with decent spec 55k - discount based on 8% - 3k loyalty would be approx 48 grand.

At a guess, New T6.1 decent spec at 57k. - 5% discount would be approx 53.5k.

They may do a 1k deposit contribution for finance so maybe it would be 52.5k but that's all guessing!

So, it all depends on if you are prepared to wait till next year and / or if you're prepared to pay another 4 or 5 grand upfront?

The other thing to also consider is that the T6.1 could be worth 2 or 3 grand more than the T6 come resale after a few years!

Keep us informed and good luck deciding!!

The other thing to also consider is that the T6.1 could be worth 2 or 3 grand more than the T6 come resale after a few years!

I’d say way more than 2 or 3 grand, there’s way more difference between T5 and T6 prices.

So just as a closing update - for my involvement on this particular thread, I’ve deliberated and changed my mind an awful lot, BUT yesterday I placed a deposit on my beach, at a deal I was happy with - I had a sleepless night on final colour choice, having sorted rest of spec fairly easily. Quite excited now I’ve pulled the trigger, now crossing fingers to have it in time for Goodwood Revival

I’ll be along with

Grape yellow Beach?

It is exactly the same yellow as used on a Marmite jar lid: a Marmite colour.

Middle aged slipper beige - my old van was a custom repaint in a Scirocco brown, was going to go Chestnut before I saw it in the flesh. Deliberating between Bamboo and Mojave, going to add sportline kit and some different wheels / suspension once I’ve had a year or so with the van as delivered.

Go for whatever colour you like, don’t let others sway your decision

I have a Mojave and do not regret it one bit, it’s a lovely colour which changes in different light conditions. Some on here do get caught up on the fact that “Beige” implies a fuddy duddy boring colour, you decide. I think it’s far from boring, much the Same as Amarillos comments with the yellow, which I love.
3B40DEA8-E822-4516-8DEB-9C27366B3E82.jpegFCA0738F-FC6E-41FA-AD2E-0EE66DACF25D.jpeg6E581087-A74C-4FA9-B9A6-EC1F1DB1A1E9.jpeg8AC18F8D-9703-49C0-B2EA-7EDD206C51AD.jpeg

Back