Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

List price discount

There you go, Grape yellow and Mojave together. This is our third Mojave van just cant seem to tick any other option. Had satin black after market wheels on the first one, alloy Springfield's on the second and now diamond cut Bi-Dakar's on this one, but thinking if the lacquer goes which seems to happen with DC Alloys I will have them powder coated satin black.

Our Cali at Lowdhams.JPG

The Bi-Dakar's on our Mojave T6, originally fitted as standard to the Berghaus edition.IMG_2561.JPG

To be honest there aren’t many colours that I don’t think look pretty good - but I’ve never ordered a brand new car or van, and I may never again so wanted to be sure. I’ve not thought about calling to change so I think O made the right choice!

I used Laine and Matt (Laine on leave) at SMG - would have also used Guy but Preston is just too far if I have to go back - I live on the Isle of Wight.

I’m very happy with the deal I got - but they knew if they didn’t get where I wanted I was holding for a 6.1

I love grape, the wife not so much

Wheels, not sure what I’ll do yet - I don’t want to go too large and have poor ride compliance. I had 17” banded steels, and 18” staggered SDMs on my last van

I like genuine VW rims, having had aftermarket ones on the first bus. You can use the standard wheel bolts incl the puzzle bolt with genuine rims. I personally would not go any bigger than 18" even though I think larger look good. Also with 18s you can use the original 17" spare tucked under the back.
Just done three weeks in mainland Europe with no issues on ride comfort, even after a five hour drive got out with no fatigue.

I like genuine VW rims, having had aftermarket ones on the first bus. You can use the standard wheel bolts incl the puzzle bolt with genuine rims. I personally would not go any bigger than 18" even though I think larger look good. Also with 18s you can use the original 17" spare tucked under the back.
Just done three weeks in mainland Europe with no issues on ride comfort, even after a five hour drive got out with no fatigue.

I think I’ll probably follow suit - although I do like the SDM wheels, and my old van rode pretty well on them (I had Bilstein coilovers as well). I’lol probably try and get something different for delivery day, and swap them as soon as she’s home! I’ll keep an eye on the for sale ads and eBay

I think I’ll probably follow suit - although I do like the SDM wheels, and my old van rode pretty well on them (I had Bilstein coilovers as well). I’lol probably try and get something different for delivery day, and swap them as soon as she’s home! I’ll keep an eye on the for sale ads and eBay
I have had bilstein b14s on all my vans over the last 10 years.there quality..its a shame bilstein didn’t get in with vw approved like eibach have..I think they missed a trick there.....
But on the upside you can now buy eibach coil overs from vw dealers and have them fitted just like the 30mm lowering springs and they don’t affect your warranty but there not cheap

There you go, Grape yellow and Mojave together. This is our third Mojave van just cant seem to tick any other option. Had satin black after market wheels on the first one, alloy Springfield's on the second and now diamond cut Bi-Dakar's on this one, but thinking if the lacquer goes which seems to happen with DC Alloys I will have them powder coated satin black.

View attachment 47364
That's not grape yellow

We considered Mojave for our beach (along with white and grape yellow all of which I think look awesome with black wheels etc) but after changing our minds several times we ended up with Bamboo Green. We bought ours off Matt at SMG and he got the standard 16” wheels powder coated for us and we had black side bars added before we picked it up. You can’t go wrong really both colours are good. Have you seem them both in the flesh, might help?

3017D2C9-45EF-43AF-B3C8-3D0821B88BDA.jpeg

We considered Mojave for our beach (along with white and grape yellow all of which I think look awesome with black wheels etc) but after changing our minds several times we ended up with Bamboo Green. We bought ours off Matt at SMG and he got the standard 16” wheels powder coated for us and we had black side bars added before we picked it up. You can’t go wrong really both colours are good. Have you seem them both in the flesh, might help?

View attachment 47414

Unfortunately I’ve not seen any of the colours in the flesh - and didn’t really have the patience to try and get away and find both colours before placing the order. I had it down to brown, beige or green for sure. Saw Chestnut in the flesh and struck it from my list, as it just didn’t look as fresh as my T5.1. Then after a lot of deliberation beige won out purely on the decision that of the 2, I wanted a lighter shade that was a bit easier to keep on top of.

Since deciding, I haven’t thought about changing so it’s right - right??!!

Bamboo does look good, I’m just hoping that Mojave looks as good as some of the photos where it looks a little grey / darker, and doesn’t look to pale.

Bamboo does look good, I’m just hoping that Mojave looks as good as some of the photos where it looks a little grey / darker, and doesn’t look to pale.
Mojave is a great colour, :cheers

I just got short of 12% which included a £2.5k fleet/loyalty bonus for a new Cali Ocean to my spec. No ex-demonstrator incentives etc. 100% cash sale. I'm happy with that. Eight weeks delivery - Order to pickup!

Back