Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Do i really need these options??

I have ACC.

In fact Albert, my previous Cali, only had standard CC and it was the first time for years and years that I had a car with only CC.

ACC is good. Fast roads with lot's happening all around and it comes into it's own. All my previous vehicles and the ACC would not work below 20mph so I find the low speed cut off an improvement.

Is it worth it? Well, it's substantially cheaper now that it was in my previous generations of cars, but still an expensive option. It does reduce work load, having switched back to normal cruise control with Albert I now find the extra benefits to be marginal. I would not have specced it had I been ordering from scratch.

LED's? I have those too. Love them. I have used them a lot on two lane roads and have never had a flash of annoyance.

Always difficult to be objective when you have something, or when you would not have specced it but it came with the package, at the end of the day it's a cali, something highly individual to all of us so I would not venture an opinion on someone else's choice.

:thumb:thumb:thanks:thanks:thanks:thanks
Brilliant answers, i have Read Them ALL!!. thank you all so much for sharing your amazing wisdom and knowledge.

Ive now signed and sent off order form and after all your advice, kept ACC and thr MFSW, and rather than adding the LED lights £1750 (which do look amazing and so bright) and would be a proper treat option, decided it was best to spend the money on 3 zone climate air con, £834 (keep kids cool), the remote for the programmable heater (£260), two services £240 and keep with the exterior pack for £430 which upgrades the headlights to H7 with added cornering fog lights (i have a skoda with H7 lights and there adequate, not great, but will do).

Now just got to wait untill October (estimated):bananadance2:bananadance2 sooooooo EXCITED!!!

Thanks again!!!!!!!!:thumb

The OP had originally thought a van out of reach financially & asked for owners subjective opinions on what he ‘needs’ - and must therefore be looked at through the lens of essentials / value.

In my subjective opinion;

- wait for a preregistered van at a Dealer
- you need a heater, but the remote is a nice-to-have
- you don’t ‘need’ ACC or electric folding mirrors if you’re struggling to pay for them, though most all options have a fan somewhere - particularly if it’s money-no-object and/or coming out of a boomer pension cash lump-sum as a one-off purchase

I have ACC in both the van and my car. Have never used it. Just don't see the point. If I lived back in the States with miles of empty roads then maybe worth it. But not here or within Europe.
If you never used it you don't know what you are missing, don't know the traffic where you live/drive but I use acc on every trip : never worry about speeding, never worry about cars in front of you braking unexpectedly, always driving at safe distance at the same speed of the car(s) in front of you.. as long as it it is below the max speed allowed.. . I never wanted CC before but now I have ACC I recommend it to everyone. Doesn't mean you can't drive without it and it is a personal decision how to spend your budget on options..

Thank you very much for your reply. I do alot of motorway driving and have had cruise but never ACC o_O
Once you have had a vehicle with ACC you will never go back. I find it best on busy single carriageways, set it above the speed limit and let the vehicle in front "tow" you along keeping a safe distance behind. As with any cruise control extremely good in reduced speed limits i.e. road works. This is my 3rd vehicle with VW ACC and I can only say 'Go for it'

Back