Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is this a good price?

I Have dealt with them for years. They have given me excellent service and deals. Chris Evans is the manager and it is him on the videos on youtube if you search. As for discount just ask and negotiate.

I didn't get a discount there but I knew the van was a good price. Nice guys, very busy!

I did get some biscuits in a tin with my name on it tho through the post later. They were very good! :)

Before we head to Liverpool, is this a good price? Is the two tone a bit of a risk? Seems a nice spec and they are happy to talk about a discount!

www.swanswaygarages.com/volkswagen-commercial/used-cars/7590601-volkswagen-california-2.0-tdi-blue-motion-tech-ocean-5dr-dsg/
Looks great! Is it black and grey?
Can not say anything about the price. IMO is that not only the price of the Cali which is important also the general impression of the dealer and how they deal with their customers (but as above said: sounds great!)

When are you planning to visit them? Did you reserve/made an appointment?

Keep my fingers crossed and good luck.

We have 2016 150 DSG with adaptive cruise. We got 9% discount .

If you can get a discount ,seems a good price. Has LED lights which is expensive upgrade & one most of us would have had ,if we had realised the standard light were so poor at night. Also has 2 tonne colour, upgraded wheels.

Try & get 5yr extended warranty (has to be within 3 mths of the vehicle being registrated). We also took out a service plan 4yrs,with finance package ,which we quickly paid off .

Looks great! Is it black and grey?
Can not say anything about the price. IMO is that not only the price of the Cali which is important also the general impression of the dealer and how they deal with their customers (but as above said: sounds great!)

When are you planning to visit them? Did you reserve/made an appointment?

Keep my fingers crossed and good luck.
I saw this today in the flesh in the showroom at Liverpool... I called in while passing.just to admire what I have on order ..now it's been removed from the vw site so I presume you bought it.
if you did congrats .very nice two tone isn't my thing but I can see why people would like it .ifs definitely different and was a great price after looking on the vw used site for some time .this and the acapulco blue one they have seem like a bargain..if you snooze u loose with these Californias There like hot cakes especially at this price Liverpool sell the at.

We bought our ex demo from Liverpool a few weeks ago. I'd been monitoring prices for months and I reckon they are the cheapest in the country. They are allegedly the largest VW van centre in Europe so operate on a volume basis and are therefore priced to sell and not sit around. In summary, if you want it don't hang about as it will be sold over the phone / web very quickly. Their stock turnover is very fast.

This one seems a good price, could be worth trying for a further discount, he is calling me back in the morning

That's the thing, their Cali's are all priced to sell. You may have luck asking for a service pack ;). Good luck, it looks great!

I saw that last night. It did spark an interest from me. I think with side bars and silver wheels it would look even better.

Have not spoken to the dealer but have sent a request. Will hold off now that you've an interest.l

Oh well, had a call back and it has already been sold, someone put £500 deposit in their bank last night as a deposit :(

Sorry for you. Keep trying because they are excellent. Maybe next time not let others know of your finding. Others reading the forum may be in the same boat and beat you to the van.
All you need is to place a deposit with the garage as you can always get your deposit back if you don't like the van when you first see it (Liverpool will always give you back the deposit . I am sure it is a legal thing).

It wasn't me but I'm not surprised.

Is the two tone a bit of a risk?
It's a personal thing, but I think you've had a close escape. Trying to emulate a design that happened 30 years ago will always make it a copy, some of the two tones work, (well, one or two), but I didn't like that one at all.

I see the link no longer works, but I grabbed a copy earlier....
2tone.JPG

Last edited:
That's interesting. I wasn't sure but didn't dislike it. The benefit of silver wheels and stainless side bars would have set it off a treat. However its a personal thing.

it's gone from the web site.How much was the dealer asking for it?

it's gone from the web site.How much was the dealer asking for it?

£54k, it had LED lights, Disover media etc.. I priced it up from price list and come out at over £61k

Thanks. I though lt was the one I saw in Preston a few months ago but that a was £72K!

The way I bought mine was to keep looking at the VW Used site with a text search for my preferred model and then just saw what came up. It becomes obvious with time what is a good price.

Liverpool are so busy they won't keep things or call you & it also became noticeable that they were the lowest margin for used vans. I was told by Wrexham that VW set the prices pre-reg ones on a sliding scale, so the only thing that can be flexed is the dealer's own margin.

Liverpool will also deliver vehicles. The bloke that brought mine over was lovely, a retired microbiologist...

However, Wrexham offered free services & a small discount but their vehicles were more expensive to start with, even though they're in the same group.

Oh well, had a call back and it has already been sold, someone put £500 deposit in their bank last night as a deposit :(
£54k, it had LED lights, Disover media etc.. I priced it up from price list and come out at over £61k

It wasn't ment to be then..keep smiling
Yours will come along..same thing happened to me at Manchester called in after trying to buy this same van already twice but missed out.the previous people had failed on the finance ..I'm a cash buyer I said to the sales person I'll have it!!!!!
Yeahhhh 3rd time lucky...
I'll call you back when I get back to work in 20mins with a deposit (pleassseee don't sell it ).
Got back in 15 mins got my wallet out of my coat told the Mrs ded excited... rang them up to pay a deposit but the sales person was on the phone???
.i sat there waiting in anticipation after 10 mins they called me back and said it's been sold!!!!
Totally gutted..
But now I have a spanking new my 18 one on order with guy at Preston for not much more with a better spec of my own choice..

Good Cali's don't 'hang about ' as we found out too,on buying ours we had just signed the paper work for the deposit when a guy with the salesman alongside us was enquiring about it ! had us worried for a mo thinking about 'double dealing '!

Back