Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is this the most expensive Cali ever!

Might sound odd.
This year we have had more hotel stays than ever. I think I’m slowly falling out of love with camping.

I’m gonna head up to Scotland tomorrow. not sure where yet. Thinking Loch Lomond area. Will probably look for hotels where we can and use the California as fall back, if we can’t find what we want…
Keep an eye out for me as slowly heading back up to Scotland too.

The cult status being, an affordable Campervan.
Can’t get my head round, paying £80k and still having to poopy in a bucket…?
I’m sure £80k buys a nice car and plenty of hotel time.
No matter what you buy this side of a full sized Winnebago you always end up "having to poopy in a bucket" it just means the said bucket is normally fixed in a cupboard that varies in size but still not actually soundproof/hermetically sealed. The market always reflects supply/demand and of course the strange iconic status of the Cali.

There are some £500k flats in London with less room and facilities than a camper van. At least you can have a different view every day with a camper and not have to look at the same old busy street out of your Half million pound window.

I’m not comparing at all I’m saying how can people ask 80k and more when you can get eg said vehicle with all the whistles and bells that you can tour in for months in complete comfort for a fair bit less .
Yes a California is versatile I have owned lots so I’m aware of this but at the end of the day it’s a van with a pop top and cold water..and a lot of compromises you can not say it isn’t.
A 6mtr crafter isn’t a motorhome.?
It’s a campervan most people could use on a daily basis not much wider than a California and 700mm longer

I completely understand cali owners would be defensive to what they own I was the same but stepping out of that I wouldn’t pay the prices they are now not a chance.
I sold my 6.1 ocean at the start of 21 since then the same thing is over 15k more lol.
I understand some people don’t have a choice and it has to be a 1 car family but the market is milking them for all there worth
65k max is a lot but definitely worth stretching to to own a California but 80k nope it’s an absolute joke .
Yes but look at the price of a Range Rover,defender and other high end 4x4 type vehicles all 100k for top spec and none of them you can cook in sleep in wash pots in so my view is they are still good value for money

Yes but look at the price of a Range Rover,defender and other high end 4x4 type vehicles all 100k for top spec and none of them you can cook in sleep in wash pots in so my view is they are still good value for money
But today the price of both petrol and diesel hit an all time high and we still have to wait as to what’s happening in the budget. That could be an extra few pence per litre. Oil prices still rising the chance of supermarket fuel at £1.60 - £1.70 or more is on the cards. The last time this happened the prices of gas guzzlers plummeted.. Nobody has any idea what the future price of “Fuel” holds regardless whether it’s fossil, wind Nuclear wind or anything else none are ever going to be cheap again. But it’s good the UK is going to be a high skill high wage economy because we will need it to survive

This made me laugh, the most expensive cali (white one) that wasn’t going to drop there price and use it.
Well looks like the price has dropped and mileage still stuck on 200, bargain now;)1635E7D2-8E6A-437A-BBD0-9CAA9A283733.png

Is there an unwritten rule still, regarding comments on ads in the calis for sale section.?

NINETY TWO THOUSAND, EIGHTY HUNDRED AND NINETY ONE BIG ONES?

At least it's a nice round number.

Pity it's brown though.
And beige nice popular colour (not):D

Atleast they have a genuine reason for sale.

Prices will be £100k plus come summer me thinks.

Maybe it's just me, but £93,000? I thought the £56k we paid was a LOT of money.
Good things come to those who wait...

Well, you've just saved yourself 3 grand. Be quick, it won't be around for long.

This £90k Ocean and check the £70k Beach, yes £70k for a Beach…

Spotted today, unbelievable price and it’s not even 4motiono_OView attachment 66152
In the For Sale section of this very site:

CALIFORNIA OCEAN 204 PS 2.0 TDI 7SP DSG 4 MOTION

Very sad to have to sell our lovely California due to major house refurbishment undertaken since we ordered the vehicle in February. 2022 Model Year California Ocean 204 PS 2.0, 4 Motion, with Locking Mechanical Diff. Collected from VW on 15 November. Optional Extras. Mechanical Diff Lock, Hill Start Assist…
Total views: 557
Price: £ 89,981.00
Mileage: 85
Colour: Mojave Beige Metallic
Year: 2021
Transmission: Auto DSG

In the For Sale section of this very site:

CALIFORNIA OCEAN 204 PS 2.0 TDI 7SP DSG 4 MOTION

Very sad to have to sell our lovely California due to major house refurbishment undertaken since we ordered the vehicle in February. 2022 Model Year California Ocean 204 PS 2.0, 4 Motion, with Locking Mechanical Diff. Collected from VW on 15 November. Optional Extras. Mechanical Diff Lock, Hill Start Assist…
Total views: 557
Price: £ 89,981.00
Mileage: 85
Colour: Mojave Beige Metallic
Year: 2021
Transmission: Auto DSG
The locking wheel nuts are extra. Not joking!

So roughly £20k profit... Not bad (If you can sell it) for that price. Bit much expecting another £3k for a few extras. I suppose there maybe someone desperate to buy a campervan for £90k in the depths of winter.

Back