Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

It’s at the Docks!!

westfalia

westfalia

Top Poster
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Wish I had the money, alas no VWCC UK advised it was on its way over I tracked the boat only to find on the Monday it was in fact not on board, now turns out that was the last shipment before lockdown.

Will
That is bad luck.
Im sure that when you do eventually get it - it will
be okay and the time will be right to go and use it. :thumb

I really did think that you were dealing in them. :D:headbang

A

Adeybruce

Vehicle
Grand California 680
Will, just catching up on the posts. Sorry to hear that you didn’t get your van before lockdown. Hoping it arrives soon.

Breeze1

Breeze1

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Will, just catching up on the posts. Sorry to hear that you didn’t get your van before lockdown. Hoping it arrives soon.
Morning, well it would have been nice even to have it in the drive to explore.

I hope you are both ok and your dog.

Sorry to ask but have a question, does the solar panel charge both batteries, as the question has been raised due to it parked up in a compound for a few months and could damage them if left.

Thanks, and take care.

A

Adeybruce

Vehicle
Grand California 680
We are well, thanks.

Regarding charging both batteries, I suspect not (though don’t know for sure). The solar charge controller is an MMPT one, and only has one set of outputs. This means it cannot provide the different charging characteristics for which it is designed to 2 different battery conditions.

Breeze1

Breeze1

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
We are well, thanks.

Regarding charging both batteries, I suspect not (though don’t know for sure). The solar charge controller is an MMPT one, and only has one set of outputs. This means it cannot provide the different charging characteristics for which it is designed to 2 different battery conditions.
Good to know I will ask them to test them upon handover. thanks for getting back to me. amazing about the retro fitting but great they are doing it, guess you will have to take yours in? What part of the globe are you at the moment.

A

Adeybruce

Vehicle
Grand California 680
Good to know I will ask them to test them upon handover. thanks for getting back to me. amazing about the retro fitting but great they are doing it, guess you will have to take yours in? What part of the globe are you at the moment.
Still in Turkey. We’ve got a partial lockdown, but am still able to head off to a remote local beach (30 mins off-road) to self-isolate!
I’ll have to plan a trip back to Germany to get the retro-fitting done, but glad that it is being done as a package - I’ve been waiting until all of the ‘fixes’ are ready before planning the journey.

Breeze1

Breeze1

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Still in Turkey. We’ve got a partial lockdown, but am still able to head off to a remote local beach (30 mins off-road) to self-isolate!
I’ll have to plan a trip back to Germany to get the retro-fitting done, but glad that it is being done as a package - I’ve been waiting until all of the ‘fixes’ are ready before planning the journey.
Well least your able to self isolate to a nice beach, take care nice to hear from you and your locations,

Will